I am getting what I am guessing is stress cracks on the gel coat on the lower side of the boat almost on the bottom, is this something I should worry about? They don't seem to be deep and the boat is always dry when we pull the boat out so it dosn'tpost-1592-13695182731597_thumb.jpgpost-1592-13695182838897_thumb.jpgpost-1592-13695182924144_thumb.jpg seem like water is coming in through them. Is it something a shop could repair? Thanks guys.

• Like 1

carzin    10

That one looks a bit odd. I normally see gel coat cracks where there would be stress. I had them at my swim platform brackets and around the tower for my old boat. I am far from an expert, but I havent noticed them on the side. Unless you fix the underlying flex, it will likely crack again.

Kevin Baugh    78

IMHO that looks like an impact :detective:

Boat has never been beach nor have I hit anything, i noticed it last year on one side then all a sudden it started on the other side.......

Kevin Baugh    78

Both sides now that is odd it is a very odd looking

• Like 1

rawinnin    73

IMHO that looks like an impact :detective:

X2

Boat has never been beach nor have I hit anything, i noticed it last year on one side then all a sudden it started on the other side.......

Are you the only owner this boat has ever had? If not I would have a shop take a good look at the hull.

mzack66    0

Ive had stress cracks on other boats before but never like that. In the center of the 3rd pic it looks like an impact of some sort, and the cracks are radiating out from them. I've never seen stress cracks like that before. Good luck man!

Kevin Baugh    78

X2^

If you bought the boat used and it was repaired poorly after an accident??

Edited by Kevin Baugh

enzo101mo    98

Your not to far from Merced... If I was you I call Centurion and have them look at it. I notice this while getting my boat cleaned up that on the floor of the bow is showing some stresss lines. hOW OLD OF A BOAT IS IT? Maybe instead of some shop maybe Centurion could repair it and I am not saying they would do it for free but check it out. If it wasn't in accident or repaired before I feel Centurion should know and maybe they will take care of it.

superdtf    68

I've seen things like that from an impact with the water in very large swells. Did you find yourself in a windstorm (the kind where you pee'd your pants a little bit)? I've seen really hard "bow-slap" do that.

Spud    7

If the cracks are external impact then you hit something, if they are internal impacts then I would go to a boat shop before Merced... Trust me.

Spud    7

If the cracks are external impact then you hit something, if they are internal impacts then I would go to a boat shop before Merced... Trust me.

• Like 1

It's a 2001 I have never hit anything in the boat, ill have to get a better pic of one of the chips/crack it is protruding outwards, if it was from something I hit I would think it would be pushed inwards? As for bow slap the boat is in the delta 90% of the time and the rest is in the lake, it's a centurion concourse so it's a deep v and a big boat which should take on rough water well but ill call centurion and see if I can get up a time to take it out there. Maybe also take it to some shops around here and get there opinion also..

poidog1    74

Have you tried going to liquid wrenches? They do glass work and they are a great shop to get engine work done. It's right off vasco road. I take my boat to them when I need work and all my friends do as we'll.

Spud    7

'01 pm me your contact info

Nick213    583

If you end up making a Insurance claim to fix it make sure you tell them you hit something or they won't cover it

Kevin Baugh    78

IMHO it is not a good idea to say you have never hit anything on the internet then make an insurance claim that you hit something...just sayin

Nick213    583

Yes kevin probably wouldn't be the best idea! The problem with Insurance company's is they will not cover anything unless there was a accident. So stress cracks, broke towers, cracked windshields, exc. are not covered it makes no sence to me. I feel if any damage for any resign they should have to cover it!!!

duramat    462

He slapped a wave like super said?

Kevin Baugh    78

I have always seen it as accident insurance