Troy    234

Well I had some extra lumber at the house and thought this might work.

I have the 1100's and had my locker divider pop out just one time. So this might work alright to keep everything in check. I took some 1.25" by 3" (or so) lumber and cut out around the supports in the engine compartment to hold everything in place, 2 pieces of lumber per side. None of the wood is attached to anything it just uses the supports to hold them in place. I figure that the lumber should provide enough support to keep the dividers from popping out again.

Top down

post-798-0-15458200-1365038911_thumb.jpg

Port side

post-798-0-72784100-1365038312_thumb.jpgpost-798-0-25857200-1365038333_thumb.jpg

Starboard side

post-798-0-18684800-1365038348_thumb.jpgpost-798-0-10976500-1365038367_thumb.jpg

Didn't cost anything. worth a shot.

Thoughts?

superdtf    68

I like it. As long as they come out easy so you can get in there to work on crap, then you're good.

Troy    234

Yep. I remove the dividers then the pieces of wood slide right out. no screws or nothing. Very easy. If we can get some warm weather with low winds I will give them a try. if it is warm 30mph winds, if there is no wind then it is like 50 degrees. LOL. At least we had some rain. Lakes are Low!

Oh and Thanks! :)

Edited by Troy

MobEnzo    51

Is it common for 1100's to push on the dividers? Not sure what the locker size difference is between our boats, but I'm just starting my research on size of bags to add. I still need to get the dimensions of my lockers, but would prefer to keep it from bulging out of the space.

superdtf    68

If they don't push on the dividers, then you're probably not filling the sacs all the way. We never popped a divider until I re-routed my vent lines to the opposite sides. Then the sac's filled up all the way, and... pop.

Troy    234

Yep what Super said. mine popped when I forgot to open the locker hatch and wasn't watching when the sac was full. Only happened once and I like how the 1100 fills the lockers all the way.

IROCNParts    108

uve just motivated me to do this

so tired of pulling them out and straightening

bprobertson    8

Just got finished re-enforcing the lockers as well as rerouting the vents of my 1100 to the opposite side, my question is, have you guys been taking your vent lines for your tube sacs under the seats to the opposite side? Should i do this as well.

Troy. R    198

bp,

I didn't cross my vent line for my sac under my bench seat and it hasn't been a problem. I figured that since the vent is still higher than the top of the bag even when leaning it wouldn't be an issue.

superdtf    68

Just got finished re-enforcing the lockers as well as rerouting the vents of my 1100 to the opposite side, my question is, have you guys been taking your vent lines for your tube sacs under the seats to the opposite side? Should i do this as well.

Yes, I thought I was full before I re-routed to opposite sides. But I was totally wrong. I'm guesstimating an add'l 150 lb's from really, really filling the sac.

Troy. R    198

Super,

With seperate sacs for the locker and under the seat, why would the sac that's under the seat only need to have the vent run the the opposite side of the boat?

superdtf    68

Super,

With seperate sacs for the locker and under the seat, why would the sac that's under the seat only need to have the vent run the the opposite side of the boat?

Hmmm... not sure if I understand, but I'll guess. You're saying there are two sac's on each side, one in the locker and one under the seat, further forward? And obviously there would/could be an issue with drainage and siphoning with the forward sac once underway and leaning. Is that right?

And for the sac in the rear, because it's further back of the vent orifice and lower, then you wouldn't need to cross-route the vents. Is that right?

If I understand what you're saying then you are partly right. For the rear sac's you won't get the draining and siphoning effect that will leave your sac's empty. But you won't get them REALLY full either. Hose is cheap and more ballast is always... AWESOME.

• Like 1

Troy. R    198

I believe he's running 1100s in the lockers and 580s or 370s under the bench seats. I agree that cross venting the 1100s is a good call. I'm just not sure if cross venting the under the seat sacs is necessary. That said, I also agree that it certainly doesn't hurt...

RhuntIII    555

Well I had some extra lumber at the house and thought this might work.

I have the 1100's and had my locker divider pop out just one time. So this might work alright to keep everything in check. I took some 1.25" by 3" (or so) lumber and cut out around the supports in the engine compartment to hold everything in place, 2 pieces of lumber per side. None of the wood is attached to anything it just uses the supports to hold them in place. I figure that the lumber should provide enough support to keep the dividers from popping out again.

Top down

attachicon.gif2013-04-02_19-58-51_4-2.jpg

Port side

attachicon.gif2013-04-02_19-59-02_822.jpgattachicon.gif2013-04-02_19-59-10_907.jpg

Starboard side

attachicon.gif2013-04-02_19-59-16_588.jpgattachicon.gif2013-04-02_19-59-33_212.jpg

Didn't cost anything. worth a shot.

Thoughts?

I like the idea of the removable wood braces. cheep and effective. good job.

Edited by RhuntIII
  • Like 1

acman    59

I used 1/2x1/2 aluminum angle and riveted it to the engine side of the divider. It does bow a slight amount but I can fill the cross vented Enzo Sacs 100 % and the dividers stay put.

post-2785-0-02079500-1400814358_thumb.jpg

Edited by acman

Tleeah    33

I used 1/2x1/2 aluminum angle and riveted it to the engine side of the divider. It does bow a slight amount but I can fill the cross vented Enzo Sacs 100 % and the dividers stay put.

I used square aluminum tubing bolted on like yours acman. I fill my 1100's all the way and the dividers do not budge, not even a bend. Before, they used to pop out every once and a while. Unfortunately I do not have a picture to share.

ReSession    165

I've shared before but I had my dealer install these supports on my (old) V226 and they worked amazing!

qd0EqHT.jpg

superdtf    68

I've shared before but I had my dealer install these supports on my (old) V226 and they worked amazing!

qd0EqHT.jpg

Wow. That's nice. Sanitary.

• Like 1