acpilot    1

Just replaced my impeller with the directions on this thread. Worked awesome and I will second that the hardest part was getting the new impeller in the housing. Anyhow, I managed to break off the 8mm hex bolt portion of the tensioner. I did get it tight though using the old fasion method of using something to pry the belt tight and then tightened the 5/8 bolt. Anyone know if I can buy a new 8 mm tension bolt which I can replace the broken one with. Mam, I know I have been working out but snapping off a bolt! Thanks again Bigshow for the informative directions.

Packrat    13

If you had an impeller puller would there be any way to remove the impeller without taking the belt or whole assembly off or is that impossible.

acpilot    1

Packrat

Thanks for all your info ref. the cover. As far as the impeller I believe that if you have the 5.7 Black Scorpion 330 hp you need to remove the belt and pump. It was super easy and only took a minute or two. As I mentioned before the part that took 90% of the time was getting the new impeller into the pump assembly.

elc    2

packrat - i have tried it with the housing still attached and removing the housing. The few extra minutes it takes removing the belt and housing is well worth it, especially in a v-drive. There is no room to work. Like acpilot says, it's much easier getting the impeller back in with the housing completely out of the boat.

Joe    0

Thanks for the help because of your pictures I was able to figure out what was wrong with my boat. After having the boat in my garage all winter the weekend to drag it out has finally come. This has been a rather hard winter and the next few days it’s supposed to be in the 70's and 80's. I put all my blue drain plugs back in (so I thought), put my tower back on, re-installed the batteries and filled the gas tank. When I took the boat to the lake I left it on the trailer for a few mins because I was going to be very suppressed if I didn't forget to do something. I have a flush kit installed in my heater hose and no water was coming out so I knew something was wrong. When the exhaust manifolds became hot and began to smell I shut the engine off and started looking for a reason for no cooling water. The engine temp gauge came up to 160 and never got any hotter although the exhaust was not getting cooling water for sure. After shutting the engine off I could hear water running into the boat from around the sea water pump area and began feeling abound. I asked a friend to start the boat and realized that the leak became worse when the engine was running. I thought yep, my impeller if messed up for sure now (second year of ownership). I did not install the blue plugs on the starboard side I had a friend do that because last year I cut my thumb off in a wakeboarding rope. This makes turning bolts and things hard with my right hand. Anyways, I should probably change my sea water impeller anyways and after looking at your pictures I’m about 99% sure that there is only one plug in my water pump housing causing my leak. I want to thank you for your write up and the pictures!

WARNING: the two photos to the left are graphic in nature, CrewAdmin

post-579-1270122846_thumb.jpg post-579-1270122855_thumb.jpg post-579-1270122863_thumb.jpg post-579-1270122873_thumb.jpg

WakeDoc    471

OMG!!! You look like no big deal in the pics, I don't think I would have been that calm.

smitty    0

Holy SH#* How did that happen?!!! Oh great another thing to worry about...

Joe    0

I had a motorcycle wreck when I was 15 and my hand got stuck in the chain. That was fun also.

islander033    2

I'm inclined to chalk this up to 4/1/10. :innocent:

Otherwise it does look nasty. :wallbash:

Joe    0

no 4/1/10 jokes here that's really from a helium wakeboarding rope.

railey72    0

I'd like to thank Bigshow for the great write-up. Just changed the impeller on my 06' Enzo and it was really pretty easy. It's about an hour job first time through. There are a few tricks to it but if you read the thread it guides you through the tough parts. I used a zip tie to compress the impeller vanes into one direction. Made it really easy to get it into the housing.

StevenCW    2

For whatever reason my impeller always goes on better with the stators/fins backwards (dont ask why i dunno, just does), but thats okay. If you find yourself installing it backwards, dont pry it off and try it again (not necessary). As long as you have it lubed you can turn the pulley by hand and they "flump" in proper direction, the housing design (oblong/oval) allows this to happen. But do it by hand slowly with lube.

RVR-RAT    269

Nice post Bigshow :clapping: You gave the part number and everything. I just ordered a spare kit to keep on the boat. Thanks :clapping:

Daylorb    3

I just changed the impeller on the Mighty Enzo. The impeller bring s cooling “sea water†in to the engine. This is the first time I’ve done this routine maintenance myself. This was a learning experience so I thought I’d share.

The Mighty Enzo is equipped with a 330 HP Mercury Black Scorpion V-drive power package. The replacement impeller part number is 47-862232A 2. The impeller comes with a new O-ring. It’s a good idea to keep your old impeller and O-ring as an emergency spare.

Changing the impeller is necessary annual maintenance. I’ve had my dealer do this every year except last year when I bought my Enzo, a two year old boat. I really don’t know if the previous owner ever changed the impeller so I kind of ran at risk last year.

>>>Thanks for the blow-by-blow. Very helpful!

Gabriel    0

@Bigshow thank you for documenting this process so well! I've looked all over Google and YouTube and couldn't find anything helpful until I finally found your article!