norcali650    0

Good morning Crew!

I am going to invest in a cruise control system in my Elite V this week. I am torn between Stargazer and Zero Off.

Zero Off seems to be a few hunderd $$$ more than the stargazer. I don't think I need 3 event, just want to surf and wakeboard at a consistent speed, and have the wife be able to tow without me screaming at her from behind the boat...

No current cruise control, speedometer has been sketchy last few trips last year. Paddle wheel is free'd up, the notorious silver knob seems to be inneffective...

I want to get it ordered by this weekend, so I need some expert advise from the rest of the crew!

Edited by norcali650

Troy. R    198

For a mechanically controlled throttle, I believe Perfect Pass (Stargazer) is the only option.

I would say wakeboard pro would be just fine. You only need 3 event for comp skiing.

• Like 1

Troy. R    198

I just installed PP on my Avy a few months ago, so let me know if you need any install tips.

norcali650    0

Once I instill my module (still slightly up in the air on which one), Where do most people put the gauge? Left or right side?

post-3781-0-37450000-1364316243_thumb.jpg

norcali650    0

See the "about zero-off and perfect pass" section in the link below:

https://www.zerogps.com/about-us/faqs

So is this saying that since my boat is older than 07', that it will not work? I'm a little confused... Is my boat a drive by wire? My 1990 Ski Centurion Falcon definitely was, you could feel the tension and pull in the throttle. New boat throttle feels like butter, and not just because of the chrome shift knob ;)

Troy. R    198

Factory location is right. I put mine there. I already had an hrs meter in the left.

Troy. R    198

Fly by wire is a bit of a confusing term. It actually means electronically controlled not "cable".

Yours is mechanically controlled or "cable".

• Like 1

I have an 07 elite V with a PCM. My boat is drive by wire. Most mercruiser equipped boats are cable. I upgraded my perfect pass to stargazer and it was the best money i have ever spent.

• Like 1

poosie    7

i have an 04 and upgraded the paddle wheel to pp stargazer. best upgrade ever. install was super easy. put on right side of dash and mounted the sensor on top of dash below windshield. left side of dash is for depth/temp gage. good luck

• Like 1

norcali650    0

I went with the STARGAZER! Woo-Hoo!

Thanks CENTURION CREW ADMIN! You just helped me save some good $$$ by ordering through centurioncrew.com

Thanks again CREW for the great input and knowledge. Once I receive the unit, I will reach out for some more knowledge and expertise on how to correctly install this bad boy...

RVR-RAT    269

I went with the STARGAZER! Woo-Hoo!

Thanks CENTURION CREW ADMIN! You just helped me save some good $$$ by ordering through centurioncrew.com

Thanks again CREW for the great input and knowledge. Once I receive the unit, I will reach out for some more knowledge and expertise on how to correctly install this bad boy...

ADVANTAGE of being a SUPPORTING MEMBER

Troy. R    198

Norcali,

I've got install instructions and pics from perfect pass if you need them.

• Like 1

norcali650    0

The Stargazer is all dialed in!

Thank you Chad @ Cal Marine Sports in Fairfield for his expertise! I will attach pics next week of the dash with the unit installed..

dezul    10

Good. You can shred that draft divorce paper now. Jk

• Like 1

Dgrimey    1

I was talking with PP about running a stargazer on rivers to compensate for currents. I was told if you have the both the GPS and paddle wheel pugged in to the module you can unplug the GPS and Stargazer will read the paddle wheel speed and give you the speed over water.

• Like 1

DrPringle    10

will the star gazer work on my boat ive been looking for a cruise control 1996 lapoint dd 350 merc mag

norcali650    0

will the star gazer work on my boat ive been looking for a cruise control 1996 lapoint dd 350 merc mag

Yes I believe that it would.