dezul

Things you dislike about Centurions....

superdtf    68

We don't allow all those devices on board, unless its for video or music. Everyone can get away from their phones for at least an afternoon and enjoy the people on the boat. It's too annoying to hold a conversation when somebody is half listening to you and texting. Having to be quiet and turn off the music just for someone to take a call is even worse. Just my opinion, but do whatever suits your crowd.

I installed a 12v port inside my glovebox. Super easy and handy.

PayCheck    20

i understand its easy, we also installed one for our manual tsunami pump, its located in the locker. one of the easiest and most useful mods we have done. i was just trying to point out there is no need for cell phones when your out boating with friends when you should be busy --> :gathering:

mancho    85

We use the cell phone for tunes ... Spotfy and or pandora. However that means emails and client calls come through the speakers!!!

It works out for us that our lakes are mostly blocked from reception so no one farting around on there phones all day.

superdtf    68

Unless I'm on vacation, I need to be accessible. I manage expensive people, so it comes with the territory. :(

On the upside, we can spend the afternoon at the lake, and I'm still working. :)

mancho    85

Unless I'm on vacation, I need to be accessible. I manage expensive people, so it comes with the territory. :(

On the upside, we can spend the afternoon at the lake, and I'm still working. :)

I always thought when you hired talented expensive people, that they could manage themselves! LOL not always the case.

Well that's what my crew does, video and pics and iPad for music, I agree with you on the phone thing. I don't even answer mine. Smartphones are used for music and video. Try doing that for 10 hours without charging.

Praesto    25

We don't allow all those devices on board, unless its for video or music. Everyone can get away from their phones for at least an afternoon and enjoy the people on the boat. It's too annoying to hold a conversation when somebody is half listening to you and texting. Having to be quiet and turn off the music just for someone to take a call is even worse. Just my opinion, but do whatever suits your crowd.

The nut undermine seems to not be.. a nut. It is completely round so a wrench would do no good. I found it very interesting when I looked at it. I will take pictures.

All I took away from that, was no matter how hard you try, you can't get the pylon up.

:thumbsup: You meant that in a sexual way right haha. Yeah I have done a lot to get it up just for the purpose of greasing it or something. I tend to prefer that everything work even if its not in use. I'm not sure I will ever be able to afford anything new so I do my best to take as good care of it as I can.

superdtf    68

I always thought when you hired talented expensive people, that they could manage themselves! LOL not always the case.

If that were the case, I'd be out of a job... ;)

BigFoiz    23

on my 2011 Enzo I only have 3 complaints:

1. The leaky shaft seal (on the list for the off season to replace with dripless)

2. The leaky rub rail (my mid port compartment is always wet no matter what I do)

3. Poor placement of vents. The rear one is always having water come in and the one in the front is always getting stepped on, sat on, etc.

Is there any way to fix the leaky rub rail? I think I've got the same thing going on. I have water coming into the surf side from the general area of the rub rail and I think it's leaking

DarksideR    1,679

I think someone had success with pulling back the carpet on theirs and siliconed the seam.

Carter13    69

My wife could not stand the Centurion warrior image. I could stomach it but it reminded me of the nerds that played Dungeons and Dragons waaaay back in the day.

Otherwise a reasonable boat being an 05 AVY.

crimson850    11

1.Vinyl isn't as high quality as it should be in my opinion

2. placement of vents as someone mentioned, rears let water in when slammed, front gets stepped on.

3. Stock seadek platform pad sucks, the adhesive does not do its job and it starts to come up

4. quickfill gate issues

lovetosurf    48

My #1 Gripe: Prop gap to the hull - restricts prop size to 14.5 or lower.

• Like 3

I have a new complaint since Ive been doing my upholstery, which actually may give each and every one of you some pretty serious problems if your boat is older. I should have taken pics but ill try to explain. 08 enzo for reference. All the rear deck pieces are held on by hinges with stainless steel screws. not a problem. also the brackets for the gas struts are held on by stainless screws. not a problem. Here is the real problem. Centurion uses t-nuts on the backside of the poly board to give the bolts something to attach to. These ARE NOT stainless steel. Major screw up. Every one of mine were totally rusted out to almost dust. This is why all my back deck hinge screw just "spin" when trying to tighten them. If your boat is older and you have loose hinge screws attaching to the bottom side of the board, get ready the only solution is to remove the upholstery and install new t-nuts. stainless ones from fastenall.

Why anything but stainless steel is used is beyond me.