Good strategy. It's working.

h20king    794

I think the new dash looks great in this pic :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

post-777-0-07909600-1337957615_thumb.jpg

Centurion's has a new marketing strategy regarding its new dash: Distraction

That dash looks great!

T

bcollins    18

Sorry, but that control panel on the left looks like something I drew on a cardboard box when I was pretending it was a spaceship. Just last week.... :guitar:

Sorry, but that control panel on the left looks like something I drew on a cardboard box when I was pretending it was a spaceship. Just last week.... :guitar:

Thank you :unworthy:

superdtf    68

Does it come with a new and improved shaft seal?

islander033    2

I agree with this too^^^

enzo101mo    98

I think the dash is intend to look like a fighter jet dash, where is the rocket launcher switch. The bow has the air inductors for the jet look,but like someone said: a good wake could flood those vents.

I wish Centurion would start designing to become a leader and not just trying to stay up with the other three. The one thing I thought Centurion had over all the rest was the largest bow and now it looks the same. They should stay away from race car looks, fighter jets and thank God they are not doing that Mascar car look also. Start looking at the needs that customers want and quality, "BE THE BEST NOT JUST LIKE THE REST"

Edited by enzo101m0

I think the dash is intend to look like a fighter jet dash, where is the rocket launcher switch. The bow has the air inductors for the jet look,but like someone said: a good wake could flood those vents. I wish Centurion would start designing to become a leader and not just trying to stay up with the other three. The one thing I thought Centurion had over all the rest was the largest bow and now it looks the same. They should stay away from race car looks, fighter jets and thank God they are not doing that Mascar car look also. Start looking at the needs that customers want and quality, "BE THE BEST NOT JUST LIKE THE REST"

Seems to me that they are going in a different way and getting bashed for it. So far we have told them the dash should look like a Malibu or a MasterCraft, that the interior looks like everyone else's and yet to me the main cockpit looks just like the 2012 Enzo SV 233. The dash and bow are totally different, but that is what we expect from them in what you are saying. I bet those scoops are not functional, I bet they are cosmetic for the look. Also the way the hull flares in the front looks to me to stop it from bow dunking by catching the bow and letting it not sink in something the other guys did not do by just sticking a couple of forks out in the front. Also they are not claiming those forks to make the boat longer than it is actually. In a Centurion when they say 22' they mean it no wasted space.

What we all need to do is stop bashing and wait until we see one in person. I have not seen any dealer comments or riders from the photo shoot who actually saw the boat to see how it looks in person. That is what we need actual eye witness reports.

Troy. R    198

I talked to a guy that was there in Vegas and saw the boat in person on the water.

He said the front vents are functional, but there's no way they'll get swamped based on the way it rides in the water.

LakeSurfer    10

Seems to me that they are going in a different way and getting bashed for it. So far we have told them the dash should look like a Malibu or a MasterCraft, that the interior looks like everyone else's and yet to me the main cockpit looks just like the 2012 Enzo SV 233. The dash and bow are totally different, but that is what we expect from them in what you are saying. I bet those scoops are not functional, I bet they are cosmetic for the look. Also the way the hull flares in the front looks to me to stop it from bow dunking by catching the bow and letting it not sink in something the other guys did not do by just sticking a couple of forks out in the front. Also they are not claiming those forks to make the boat longer than it is actually. In a Centurion when they say 22' they mean it no wasted space.

What we all need to do is stop bashing and wait until we see one in person. I have not seen any dealer comments or riders from the photo shoot who actually saw the boat to see how it looks in person. That is what we need actual eye witness reports.

I dont think it is bashing a boat, when the majority of guys on CCC (which own Centurions) think the dash looks terrible (mainly the left side with the rocker switches) and the front scoops look a little to race car. These two issues are cosmetic and dont have anything to due with the technology or the performance of the boat. If I wanted a race car I would by a 911. It really is not surprising that Centurion leans towards race car/fast boat themes given its history.

Also, you dont hear any body bashing the interior behind the windshield, the new tower is the bomb, the new hard top bimini once pics of it folded down came out, the new back end is nice, and the bow is hit or miss with with people depending on if they like traditional bows or not. I would like to hear some commentary on how the new hull performs and interacts with the 3 Trim tabs.

duramat    462

There have been absolutely no video or pics of anything behind this boat since its arrival. I would think there would have been footage avail on the big day of showing it off. Like the dash...a big flop

enzo101mo    98

Hear are somethings I like to see.

1. I like the past dashes and gauges.

2. I would like the cup holder on the driver side to be up on the drivers right hand ioff to the side of the dash and not in away of the trottle

3. Higher driver seat in the Enzo to see over the heads of people seating in the bow area (Avy has it )

4. Windshields with a little tint

5 Windshield bow door with a lock latch to keep it open when driving on hot days

6. better gas filler to put in the nossil from the gas pump

7. I don't know if the newer boat have them but a six CD changer Ipod hookup and of corse a great stereo package (wet sound)

8. I do like the arm rest in the new FX-22 in the bow

As a lots of us said we shouldn't judge the FX-22 until we see it. There are things I like on the boat, so for not seeing it I rate it at # 8

A few pages back one of the guys mentioned the Boo dash . Well he is right Centurion needs to to take some notes from those guys on that interior. I drove my buddies 2012 247 yesterday all day and that boat dash with the two computer screens plus a stereo controls on the dash are super friendly and the wave we put out on the goofy side was as good as my new 244. Just saying! :thumbsup:

Edited by cooks love centurion

DarksideR    1,679

I've heard others say the 247 puts out a mean surf wave. Any idea how much weight it took? Was it under the seats? Got any pics?

duramat    462
I've heard others say the 247 puts out a mean surf wave. Any idea how much weight it took? Was it under the seats? Got any pics?

I was told that Centurion has no plans on changing the dash due to the costs of retooling and making dash molds. That is the new dash theyll be using on new 24' Enzo's.

Looks like Bu is the way to go if it can produce a good wave. Nice layout, performs well, nice ballast, with a bad a$$ looking dash...it's so simple. :thumbsup:

Edited by duramat

LakeSurfer    10

I was told that Centurion has no plans on changing the dash due to the costs of retooling and making dash molds. That is the new dash theyll be using on new 24' Enzo's.

Looks like Bu is the way to go if it can produce a good wave. Nice layout, performs well, nice ballast, with a bad a$$ looking dash...it's so simple. :thumbsup:

It is really not that simple. I looked at the 247 and the 244 last year before I bought the 244. The Bu will have a very nice wave but it takes a lot of weight (but can get it under the seats). Bu also does have a marginally nicer interior and a clean dash (I think the 2012 244 dash I have now is fine). However, the storage space in the Bu is not that great and the rough water ride in the 244 is much better. Based on the fact I could by a 244 for $20K cheaper, I went with a 244.

Now jump to 2013: The 2013 244 will have a 78 gallon gas tank, the updated dash (I dont think the center and right side of the dash will change, but there is discussions about changing the left side) and something else I forgot. The larger tank will be awesome (should have been done a long time ago) and the dash not so great (the new tech is suppose to work very well and have been told the dash does look better in person). My guess is that if Centurion does not sell boats, the dash will change (just like the 2010 dash that everybody hated). I will also still be willing to bet that a equally equipped Bu will still be $10-$15K more (at least in Dallas).

DrNate    426

WOW, 78 gallons?!?! :o

LakeSurfer    10

WOW, 78 gallons?!?! :o

yea, no more center ballast. Just one large gas tank.