RhuntIII    555

cool!

Bojik    0

Ok, I tried my little green machine post-2469-0-66026400-1333508389_thumb.jpgand it works great....where it can reach. I still have mildew right next to where the cover is attached to the underside. post-2469-0-39918200-1333508633_thumb.jpg post-2469-0-46609500-1333508634_thumb.jpg

Next idea is to get somthing like a finger nail brush, small and some what stiff :hrhr: , then spray the carpet cleaner as needed, brush and wash off with a hose.

This may take a little longer but I believe the end result will be better.

Edited by Bojik

duramat    462

Ok, I tried my little green machine post-2469-0-66026400-1333508389_thumb.jpgand it works great....where it can reach. I still have mildew right next to where the cover is attached to the underside. post-2469-0-39918200-1333508633_thumb.jpg post-2469-0-46609500-1333508634_thumb.jpg

Next idea is to get somthing like a finger nail brush, small and some what stiff :hrhr: , then spray the carpet cleaner as needed, brush and wash off with a hose.

This may take a little longer but I believe the end result will be better.

Excellent idea! I plan on detailing the boat this weekend, youve convinced me to hijack the wifes little green (love it for cleanups). What did you use for detergent/cleaner?

Bojik    0

When to Wal-Mart and Home Depot today and got my supplies for the weekend;

Rain-X

post-2469-0-48813600-1333680791_thumb.jpg

Mothers Tire Cleaner

post-2469-0-21486600-1333680804_thumb.jpg

Small brush to clean under the seats

post-2469-0-27584500-1333680817_thumb.jpg

And something to help with the hair in the carpet, not sure what it is called but the best thing I have found for getting the dog (and wife) hair out of the carpet. Carpet looked pretty good but after 2 or 3 swipes with this thing it looked a lot better (and it picked up a ton of hair).

post-2469-0-26776500-1333680289_thumb.jpg post-2469-0-06407800-1333680283_thumb.jpg

The soap I used in the green machine was;

post-2469-0-09870100-1333680877_thumb.jpg

I also found this stuff to help with the chrome cleaning;

post-2469-0-23919900-1333680926_thumb.jpg

I also have some fabric cleaner and protectant coming from an online order to clean and protect the bimie top and the cover.

I used Babes seat saver all last year, it was all I could find around here, and it seemed to work pretty good.

post-2469-0-82732700-1333681163_thumb.jpg

Weekend project update on Sunday night..... :rambo:

Edited by Bojik

Bojik    0

Almost forgot, I got some Scotch Gard carpet protector, has anybody tried this before?

post-2469-0-24755000-1333681737_thumb.jpg

truekaotik    458
Almost forgot, I got some Scotch Gard carpet protector, has anybody tried this before?

post-2469-0-24755000-1333681737_thumb.jpg

Yes it works good for over the counter..

Troy. R    198

Never-Dull is awesome!

I use it on all my chrome/polished metal stuff on cars and boat.

Bojik    0

Yes it works good for over the counter..

Is there somthing beter?

RhuntIII    555

Wow looks like you have been on top of things. Boat's clean?

Spud    7

I gotta ask, what's the scotch guard for on the snap out carpet? I have used the Babe's before, to me it seemed like Mothers, worked well but but didnt last as long. I a big fan of Maguirs personally. Good job on keeping her pretty. I see a few boats out here that get treated like Jeeps.

RVR-RAT    269

This is the best stuff I have ever used, and it doesn't scratch aluminum. I do my racks and billet around my speakers and alcoa wheels on my motorhome.

http://www.tripeek.com/

truekaotik    458
I gotta ask, what's the scotch guard for on the snap out carpet? I have used the Babe's before, to me it seemed like Mothers, worked well but but didnt last as long. I a big fan of Maguirs personally. Good job on keeping her pretty. I see a few boats out here that get treated like Jeeps.

It is a carpet protectant... Spills bead up to let you get to them before soaking in. Makes the carpet easier to keep clean.

truekaotik    458

Is there somthing beter?

Yes DuPont Teflon guard, I think is better :-)

truekaotik    458
This is the best stuff I have ever used, and it doesn't scratch aluminum. I do my racks and billet around my speakers and alcoa wheels on my motorhome.

http://www.tripeek.com/

Nice! I've never tried this stuff... Like Troy I use Never Dull, and like Spud I don't think Mothers metal polish last long...

Trisha    0

I have this stuff and it rocks! :thumbsup: Plus it smells really good!

http://www.rayandrain.com/

Ray & Rain Repellant® is a unique solvent based micro-polymer waterproofing product that imparts durable, invisible fabric protection specifically formulated to waterproof outdoor fabric and prevent fading colors.

A single application will create or restore superior fabric protection and waterproofing, stain and soil resistance. It is also the only waterproofing product specifically formulated to prevent water damage and fading colors caused by the sun on all types of outdoor fabrics including canvas and nylon boat covers and tarps.

Made for waterproofing fabric material, it will protect your investment and extend the life of your tarp or boat cover. Safe and non-toxic. Easy to apply waterproofing product; no mixing, simply spray on. Dries to the touch in about 4 hours. Fully bonds to an invisible, lasting fabric protection finish with maximum U.V. protection against soil and fading colors in about 72 hours. 1 gallon of Ray & Rain Repellant® waterproofing product will cover approximately 1500 square feet (length x width) of medium weight fabric.

Items treated with Ray & Rain Repellant® will dry faster when the weather clears allowing for quicker storage.

So not sure if there is an official detailing thread, but I'll try here.

3 big things I'm trying to work on:

I have some pretty bad oxidization on my boat.

I have some plastic streaks from the loading docks on the lake here. Its like strings of plastic ground into the gelcoat. I've tried quite a few things to get it out.

What's the best product for the rubber bumper rail to make it not so dull?

boatfinish.jpg

RhuntIII    555

Yes you will also love the elbow grease.

Parsons, get some before and after shots.

truekaotik    458

I use this now and couldn't be happier at the moment...

http://www.performanceboatcandy.com/shop/Boat-Care-Products/Crystal-Cut-Polish.html

Follow up with this..

http://www.performanceboatcandy.com/shop/Boat-Care-Products/Crystal-Gloss.html

Detail with this every week or every other...

http://www.performanceboatcandy.com/shop/Boat-Care-Products/Speed-Gloss.html

OR Boat Bling... That is a great product as well!!!

superdtf    68

I still use Finesse-it II. I love that you can buy a LARGE bottle of it. Then I use Xymol as a cleaner wax, smells fantastic. I used to use Turtlewax Rubbing Compound for stuff that was in-between, but once I ran out I never bought more and haven't needed it.

The "Crystal Cut Polish" that True linked does look awesome. I'll have to try that.

Edited by superdtf