truekaotik    458

Your windshield is glass... If the spots don't come out with vinegar and water they are etched in the glass from the acid... Then you need to polish them out or they will never go away... Clean your windshield then spray rainX or a similar product and it will help tremendously with spotting and make them easier to clean as well...

If using simple green or any harsh cleaner, you want to make sure to re- moisturizer the vinyl to prevent cracking and dry Out down the road :-)

truekaotik    458

So, Simple Green works good on the vinyl? I have some mold spots(yellowish brown) between the cusions from the first year I owned the boat and it got wet right before winter storage. :( Will it help with that??

Dark I found a product that worked the best for that years ago.. Just can't find it now as I have the same issue.. When I do finally find it I will let ya know the name :-)

DarksideR    1,679

Dark I found a product that worked the best for that years ago.. Just can't find it now as I have the same issue.. When I do finally find it I will let ya know the name :-)

Thanks. That would be great.

Spud    7

This may be one of those dumb questions but....My windshield is plastic right? not glass.

And what will get it clean and clear again. I have used simple green on it before but it never stays clean and spot free for longer than two minutes.

It should be "glass"

Like true was saying about rainx, I wax my window inside and out after I clean it. It really helps with water spots and keeps it clean while out on the water.

Spud    7

Hey Dark & True have you guys tried the Meguiar's Vinyl and Rubber cleaner and conditioner before?

DarksideR    1,679

No. Are you asking because you're curious of its cleaning properties, or because you've had good luck with it?

:)

Spud    7

I have been using it since the day I rolled of the lot with my Elite in '06. I love it, I'll bet you would too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It keeps it moist and protects it from common stains pretty well.

post-448-0-16281300-1333043072_thumb.jpg

post-448-0-37079200-1333043082_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spud

truekaotik    458

Hey Dark & True have you guys tried the Meguiar's Vinyl and Rubber cleaner and conditioner before?

Very excellent product for minor blemishes and it does keep the vinyl protected and moisturized. It don't get the marks completely off between the seat though :-( that Dark is referring to..

Spud you know I'm a meguires fan ;-))))) hehe

RhuntIII    555

For my windshield, nothing works like Hot Sauce. (or if you're cheap, you can use vinegar and water :)

http://boatbling.net...2sg7vq0rdteffn6

Hey! I use vinegar and water. If if you want to hear cheap, two bottles of vinegar came with my boat and I'm going to use them up. Meshuggenah

Bojik    0

LOL, the wife just came home with a bottle of hot sauce. I asked her what it was for, since it would be the first time in 11 years we had hot sauce in the house, and she said "the boat honey". "I was walking by your computer and saw that some one said to use it on your windshield" :wallbash:

She is a good woman :friends: , and at least I saw it before she decided to be helpful and spread it all over the windshield :thumbsup: .

DarksideR    1,679

LMAO! That's either a good wife, or a snoopy one. Lol

RVR-RAT    269

I have been using it since the day I rolled of the lot with my Elite in '06. I love it, I'll bet you would too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It keeps it moist and protects it from common stains pretty well.

A subliminal message with the new wetsounds in the background. :spiteful:

duramat    462

A subliminal message with the new wetsounds in the background. :spiteful:

LMAO

Spud    7

Hahaha, good one !!

Spud    7

LMAO! That's either a good wife, or a snoopy one. Lol

Lol

RhuntIII    555

LOL, the wife just came home with a bottle of hot sauce. I asked her what it was for, since it would be the first time in 11 years we had hot sauce in the house, and she said "the boat honey". "I was walking by your computer and saw that some one said to use it on your windshield" :wallbash:

She is a good woman :friends: , and at least I saw it before she decided to be helpful and spread it all over the windshield :thumbsup: .

Your going to have to keep that one around a little longer, heck even raise her salary. Frank's extra hot? :laughing:

DrNate    426

That is funny. And, yes, Wetsounds are the best boat speakers and make great amps too :)

http://www.wetsounds.com/

Edited by DrNate

Bojik    0

My project for next winter is a new sound system, it will be fun. Pretty sure wetsounds will be the way I go.

RhuntIII    555

Boj, Did you get the mold out of the carpet? All clean? What's up?

Bojik    0

We have a small carpet cleaner (The Green Machine I think) that I picked up the cleaner solution for today. I am going to try and work on it a little tonight, if not I will be working on it over the weekend.

I will post before and after shots with an update tonight or Saturday.