winterizing  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Have you winterized yet??

• Yep already done
    • no but will I be doing it real soon
    • winterizing?? whats that we don't have winter here
    • I leave that stuff to the pros

h20king    794

Yep fire hazard. Just pull the eight blue plugs and drain the water it does not take long at all.....................................H

enzo101mo    98

I have been doing things every weekend at the lake, but not able to take the boat out, but the last two weekends I could have and the temp was in the 80s. I haven't taken my boat out since 09-10-11 and been kicking myself in the rear. The boat Is polish & wax ready for the winter rest, but, maybe this year we will keep on boating maybe not wakeboarding, ski or surfing but just take her out cruisin around the lake on a cool 55 degree and up day

tank222    2

We have already had like 6'' of snow that came out of now where. I need to get my boat to the shop asap. Maybe next week.

stangcrzy    0

Sad ride to the boat ramp yesterday to cap off a sad weekend. Since this is our first year/winter with the boat we took it to the dealer to have it winterized and serviced. Going to go pick it up in a couple weeks to put her away. Is winter over yet??

post-2642-0-23180300-1321241789_thumb.jpg

superdtf    68

Winterized and tucked away into storage.

Got the kids' ski/snowboard gear out of storage to try on and measure - now we have a list of things they need in new sizes. They keep growing and getting better. And I need a new gore-tex parka; the current one has 13 years on it and should be the new "backup" parka. Kat won't ride this winter, she's super pregnant. The photographic evidence (ultrasound) indicates that it's a boy!

tank222    2

Winterized and tucked away into storage.

Got the kids' ski/snowboard gear out of storage to try on and measure - now we have a list of things they need in new sizes. They keep growing and getting better. And I need a new gore-tex parka; the current one has 13 years on it and should be the new "backup" parka. Kat won't ride this winter, she's super pregnant. The photographic evidence (ultrasound) indicates that it's a boy!

Congrats on the kid dude.

Bongo Fury    640

Well...... I made plans today to pull her off the lift, have her winterized, and into storage. Our tradition is that my 16 year old puts on his wetsuit and surfs before Thanksgiving Dinner....then on Friday the boat comes off the lift. We rode two weeks ago but that was it for me. It’s been getting colder……pulled the plugs after our last time out.... just in case.

superdtf    68

Congrats on the kid dude.

Thanks. We're pretty stoked. This will be #5, and the last, sadly. :cry:

tank222    2

Picked up the boat yesterday damn I need to start winterizing the boat my self. It's expensive.

islander033    2

Picked up the boat yesterday damn I need to start winterizing the boat my self. It's expensive.

Yep. 300-400 around here, without changing any lubricants or filters.

Carter13    69

When my wife and I were looking for homes on property my priority was to have a three car heated garage deep enough to hold our boat.

The Avy is parked in our single garage during the winter and moves to the double during the Spring and Summer.

Much easier not having to winterize or worry about the cold.

Bongo Fury    640

Wow!! ….Mine is around $95.00 for winterizing. We take it back in spring before we put it back on the lift and do any other needed service, impeller,mod, etc.

islander033    2

Wow!!...

Welcome to Canada...almost nothing is cheap up here.

Bongo Fury    640

Welcome to Canada...almost nothing is cheap up here.

I was just in Vancouver a few weeks ago on a business trip...….the $7.00 coke was excellent :cry:

tank222    2

I payed 199.

I'm looking at houses now and it's really hard to find one with a garage big enough for my boat and truck.

duramat    462

Kriskussee and I are officially out.

post-50-0-11234200-1323588354_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-66310200-1323588373_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-13600200-1323588410_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-56498100-1323588496_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-98239100-1323588528_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-35151400-1323588548_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-11664900-1323588596_thumb.jpg

desotodave    0

Matt,

Drove by Willard today and it was glass! Still have not winterized yet as I am in the heated hangar. Actually may not this year so I can sneak out once or twice if we get a warm spell.

doug743    53

lol bongo fury, I went to helsinki finland and then st petersberg russia last year, a coke in russia was $14.00 As for the winter, i am jealous of all you sotherner's. By the 1st or october its pretty much over. As for winterizing, about 400 to 500 here, but that usually included indoor storage. No winterizing for me this year, sold the boat and ordered a new 244 :)

duramat    462

Matt,

Drove by Willard today and it was glass! Still have not winterized yet as I am in the heated hangar. Actually may not this year so I can sneak out once or twice if we get a warm spell.

Dave, Hit me up! I'll go out with ya! I know Kris and Cody would be game too! LOL