winterizing  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Have you winterized yet??

• Yep already done
    • no but will I be doing it real soon
    • winterizing?? whats that we don't have winter here
    • I leave that stuff to the pros

h20king    794

Well today was a sad day.We spent the day winterizing our boat and putting her to bed for the winter.It is always difficult for me to admit the season is over and winterizing is the nail in the coffin.Guess its time to start planning the off season boat projects but thats another thread altogether.Just wondering how many of you are in the same boat as me allready.......................................H

WakeDoc    471

What is topic you talk about?

Audionly101    39

80 degrees today, lows in the low 30's next week. Today was the day to put it away. Only 6 more months....

duramat    462

I wasnt going to last time home, but the forecast was calling for temps in the low 30's so i hurried and did it before I flew out to work :(

On the bright side....I didnt have a Blue Drain Plug snap on me like last time :thumbsup:

Red Falcon    1

I keep holding on for one last day. Last weekend was 15 degrees outside and 13 in the river. Cold but still so much fun. Just picked up a older blue lake a few days ago so really hoping to get out on it before the boat goes in its cave.

DrNate    426

If there was water in my lake, I'd still be going. It rarely ever even freezes here, so I just do the annual maintenance and then put her away.

islander033    2

I wasnt going to last time home, but the forecast was calling for temps in the low 30's so i hurried and did it before I flew out to work :(

On the bright side....I didnt have a Blue Drain Plug snap on me like last time :thumbsup:

I had one snap recently, but it came out without the use of medieval devices.

h20king    794

Glad I have friends in Texas I should be ready for a break from the doom and gloom by February. Sure hope I did not wear out my welcome at the CCC gathering LOL...............................................H

Edited by h20king

CeeDee    16

I'm hoping to get the wetsuit out and ride at least once more. Not looking so good though. Last year we were out the first weekend in October.

DarksideR    1,679

Glad I have friends in Texas I should be ready for a break from the doom and gloom by February. Sure hope I did not wear out my welcome at the CCC gathering LOL...............................................H

H, I think you partied hard enough the first night for 2 years of visits! And I'm with you, I think there should be a February gathering too!

I'm hoping to get the wetsuit out and ride at least once more. Not looking so good though. Last year we were out the first weekend in October.

Me too CeeDee, todays the only nice day in the forecast, and we're having damn family over for thanksgiving dinner! lol. Guess we can start looking forward to snowboarding? Even that's 2 months away! :(

soulcraft    0

we have a couple weeks left here, but the countdown is on.

@h20 come on out we'll have high 60's here and 73 on friday. we'll get surfed out....

I haven't ridden in two months but hope to for another month. I pulled the plugs last Thanksgiving and will likely do the same this year.

T

fropappy    9

I was able to take a few pulls Saturday.

Air temp topped out at 87 F and the water was 71 F.

Brought my 6 yr old daughter and invited my neighbor Ryan and his 4 yr old daughter.

We both wake boarded to warm up.

My knee is still tweaked from a switch heel side roll attempt earlier this year

, so all I did was a few wake jumps.

:rant:

I got a couple phone vids of him surfing.

We had a great time.

I'm holding out until mid-November.

(just in case I get another chance to ride)

:thumbsup:

WakeDoc    471

October looks like a BUSY month for us, might not get on the water at all except for the CCC Weekend, hopefully November will be better but, it is not looking good so far.

RVR-RAT    269

I had to prepare for the winter as well. I took out all the old sunblock in the glove compartment and replaced it with fresh ones. :spiteful: The Southern California winters are rough. I think sometimes it get all the way down into 60's :harhar:

Carter13    69

I look foward to the season coming to an end. Why you ask?

For starters I don't need to finish mow with my John Deere the 1/2 acre around our house on our 5.5 acre property which takes a little over an hour to finish. I average 30 hours annually on my mower.

With all this extra time I can smoke more good BBQ like these pics below for my belly. :unworthy:

In a couple months the snow will fall up here on Hood and Bachelor to tear up which is awesome if you are more geared towards wakeboarding.

I say bring on the rain/snow and am stoked I don't have to mow like I do during the spring summer and fall months. :thumbsup:

Spartacus    0

I look foward to the season coming to an end. Why you ask?

For starters I don't need to finish mow with my John Deere the 1/2 acre around our house on our 5.5 acre property which takes a little over an hour to finish. I average 30 hours annually on my mower.

With all this extra time I can smoke more good BBQ like these pics below for my belly. :unworthy:

In a couple months the snow will fall up here on Hood and Bachelor to tear up which is awesome if you are more geared towards wakeboarding.

I say bring on the rain/snow and am stoked I don't have to mow like I do during the spring summer and fall months. :thumbsup:

Are you workin that meat on a Traeger? We got alot of the same hobies. Can't have enough snow! Bring it on.

Winterize? what's that?

The beauty of living in the land down under. Ski all year round (although I must admit 70 degrees can be a bit cold in the winter)

Summer's just around the corner - brewskies and skiing...doesn't get much better than that fellas :laughing:

duramat    462

Winterize? what's that?

The beauty of living in the land down under. Ski all year round (although I must admit 70 degrees can be a bit cold in the winter)

Summer's just around the corner - brewskies

and skiing...doesn't get much better than that fellas :laughing:

So jealous....

Be sure and keep the vision alive for us by posting pics...lots of pics :thumbsup:

harlobra    24

This will be our first winter with the boat. We're in San Antonioso we don't get too many cold days but it will chill to under 30 some nights. The boat is stored in an enclosed storage shed with metal siding and roof. I've heard I can just put a light in the bilge to keep it warm when it does get below freezing. Any thoughts on that?