islander033

August Picture Thread

DarksideR    1,679

My latest creation. :diablo: MWAH HA HA!:diablo: LOL

:pardon: Hope yall like.

Some mashed up clips of one day at Allouette, and one day at Skaha. The only 2 times out in over a month!

My 8 year old actually wanted to surf on his own, and I was at a loss for how to start him off. Swim grid start proved to not be a good option. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

boatdr    1

A few from the last weekend, we went upriver at Lake Gaston, Route 1 bridge in the background post-1451-0-38668900-1314150984_thumb.jpgpost-1451-0-49403800-1314151027_thumb.jpgpost-1451-0-21412000-1314151055_thumb.jpgpost-1451-0-24491100-1314151115_thumb.jpgpost-1451-0-58202000-1314151137_thumb.jpg

DrNate    426

Some mashed up clips of one day at Allouette, and one day at Skaha. The only 2 times out in over a month!

My 8 year old actually wanted to surf on his own, and I was at a loss for how to start him off. Swim grid start proved to not be a good option. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Nice video....

At the end when you were surfin' I was watching your boat. Not only was the rub rail well below the water line, but water was even going up and over the top of the vinyl on your back compartment :thumbsup:

DarksideR    1,679

Nice video....

At the end when you were surfin' I was watching your boat. Not only was the rub rail well below the water line, but water was even going up and over the top of the vinyl on your back compartment :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's kinda what's needed to make the goofy wake really good on the Elite unfortunately. We had 3 boats come to our rescue that day thinking we were sinking. Even after telling em' it was alright, they looked at me like I lost my mind. LOL. The Port side only needs rubrail buried. That's why I'm hoping for an upgrade next year. This year, it didn't happen, but this summer's been a bit of a wash for us anyways.

Glad you guys like the vid. It's always fun making them.

If anyone wants the CenturionCrew.com intro for their video's, shoot me a PM and I can email it to you. (As long as it's okay with CrewAdmin?)

kriskussee    9

Darksider, - Great Video! Great looking wave the Elite V puts up! (on both sides :surfing2: ) Gonna have my Avy out this weeking & can't wait to surf that continuous V hull! (p.s. my avatar is a photo behind Dura's Elite V)

Edited by kriskussee

islander033    2

Yeah, that's kinda what's needed to make the goofy wake really good on the Elite unfortunately. ...

At least your bilge pump is on the proper side for that setup...lol.

Great vid!

Is it leagal to surf at night ?

SSSSSssshhhhhh

ask forgiveness, not permission.

in all honesty i don't know but likely not. we do it only during the week and only when no one else is on the lake. lot of rear and forward facing light to spot riders.

T

Bemmott02    0

I figured that is why people put tower light on the boat but I know here in texas you bettter be out 30 min before sundown.

DrNate    426

I figured that is why people put tower light on the boat but I know here in texas you bettter be out 30 min before sundown.

I thought it was 30 minutes after sunset??!?!

And I also thought it was only if you were actually being "towed" technically. I've always wondered this myself. I just completed a Texas Boater's Safety Course and nothing else about it was mentioned :) But then again, I have never night surfed. Let's just say I'm not against it, hahaa :)

Edited by DrNate

duramat    462

Yeah, that's kinda what's needed to make the goofy wake really good on the Elite unfortunately. We had 3 boats come to our rescue that day thinking we were sinking. Even after telling em' it was alright, they looked at me like I lost my mind. LOL. The Port side only needs rubrail buried. That's why I'm hoping for an upgrade next year. This year, it didn't happen, but this summer's been a bit of a wash r us anyways.

Glad you guys like the vid. It's always fun making them.

If anyone wants the CenturionCrew.com intro for their video's, shoot me a PM and I can email it to you. (As long as it's okay with CrewAdmin?)

HAHAHA x2 what Dark says on Slamming it :thumbsup:

NICE VID BRO! I love the intro! I'm gonna try using that file if I can figure how to open it, my comp was having issues with it last time.

I had a blast night surfing, but now this just happened last weekend at Pineveiw (REALLY NO SURPRISE THERE (Madhouse) )

http://m.ksl.com/story.php?sid=16912406

Kinda makes me sick thinking about what the prop would do (frog in blender scenario)

duramat    462

A few from the last weekend, we went upriver at Lake Gaston, Route 1 bridge in the background post-1451-0-38668900-1314150984_thumb.jpgpost-1451-0-49403800-1314151027_thumb.jpgpost-1451-0-21412000-1314151055_thumb.jpgpost-1451-0-24491100-1314151115_thumb.jpgpost-1451-0-58202000-1314151137_thumb.jpg

Nice pics! :thumbsup:

duramat    462

Great vid!

LMAOROTFL!! YEP!!! :thumbsup:

RVR-RAT    269

Great video Darksider :thumbsup:

Jackfly    0

And where exactly...does this put me?....LOL

Trev, Awesome pics!!

dftd, LOL :thumbsup:

Dura, that means you are the "little spoon" :spiteful:

Jackfly    0

HAHAHA x2 what Dark says on Slamming it :thumbsup:

NICE VID BRO! I love the intro! I'm gonna try using that file if I can figure how to open it, my comp was having issues with it last time.

I had a blast night surfing, but now this just happened last weekend at Pineveiw (REALLY NO SURPRISE THERE (Madhouse) )

http://m.ksl.com/story.php?sid=16912406

Kinda makes me sick thinking about what the prop would do (frog in blender scenario)

There is an update to the story that the guy in the rowboat actually saw the blue and white boat turn around and stop. They kept asking the lady if she was okay then took off. Sad. http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=16950830

Edited by Jackfly

DarksideR    1,679

Great vid!

Funny you mention that. I had just finished setting up the port side(shame on me) for a friend to surf, when I went to the drivers seat to get going, all of a sudden there was water shooting out of one of my thru hulls on the starboard side. Checked the drain switches, nothing. Flipped the engine cover and water was almost to the belts! Flipped the port locker cover and the bag wasn't full anymore! Between myself and said buddy, we got the quick release drain fitting back on the bag. It's rediculous that those things can pop off. But man... that bilge pump works REALLY well! Thank god it does.

Dura, as far as the file I sent you goes, you need to use WinRar to unzip it. It's a free download if you don't have it.

jquick    0

finally got the boat wrapped.

post-370-0-76082800-1314252490_thumb.jpg

post-370-0-28671100-1314252730_thumb.jpg

zetchvp    0

finally got the boat wrapped.

Sweet. That looks good man.