WakeVB

New Video footage...

WakeVB    0

Whats up crew. I threw together this video after a day of riding with fellow member VaBeachBum on his Avy. Great day on the water, especially since I wasnt the one driving my boat pulling everyone around. It was a nice treat.

This is only my second experience with Windows Movie Maker, or for making any movie for that matter. I will NEVER make another beast this long again! ITs over 9 minutes long. The first half is basically wakeboarding, and the second is surfing.

Hope yall enjoy!

http://vimeo.com/1960337

tgaugh    2

Very cool! I watched the entire thing and sure wanna go swimming now. What's the soundtrack?

WakeVB    0

Thanks Loc. Glad you enjoyed it. I know its a little long for some. It was originally an idea where I just wanted to give the crew a well documented storyline from our day.

To answer your question....

Slightly Stoopid - Fat Spliffs

Slightly Stoopid - Closer to the Sun

Pepper - Stone Love

Just a little "California Reggae"...seems like thats what we've been jamming all summer. If you're into it, we just discovered a band called Rebelution that is AWESOME!

duramat    462

Nice vid!! I watched it all too. Definately worth all the effort you went through! :) Im gonna have to watch it again on my laptop for the sound and music experience.

WakeDoc    471

Great Video...would love to be able to leave my truck and tailer in the water like that.

WakeVB    0

Yeah, Chip has access to a little private lake that is just unreal. Its always a nice day to get to be on that lake!

Thanks for the props guys. It makes the pain and suffering much easier to deal with. :)

I figured after all the late nights I spent on this thing, I'd show it to the world to make myself feel like it was worth my while. I always enjoy other folks videos. I'd like (hope) to say next time I work on one of these I could spend about 2/3 of the time ....I have definitely learned from my mistakes. Its a really fun hobby when I cant be on the water.

Loved the video!!! Like the Kid Rock look a like thing going on also. Your boy Otto, man all the footage of him was wiping out. A few of them were very funny! Maybe needs to change his nick name to "Can't Get Right" LOL!!! Just kidding! The son choice was awesome too!

Oldwakedude    0

Excellent video!! :) I especially liked the goofy side wake, it really show that there is hope :rofl: . Looks like I have some work to do :bad: .

VaBeachBum    0

Colombian Surfer....that's called the OttoMatic!

That's all he does!!

That video is tha :) !!

haha

Thanks for all the hard work.

WakeVB    0

Any footage of our boy otto usually ends in a huge wipeout. He's hardcore with NO boarding background at all. He's a cross country runner and I think he is just used to facing forward :)

BTW chips avy throws a really decent goofy wake. Its always kind of an end of the day thing for his crew and mine so we never really spend much time dialing either boat. I think on this day we had 10 on the boat, starbboard rear tank filled, center filled and then one 400 lb sack on the rear bench corner. Not too shabby.

Oldwakedude, the good news is that you really dont have too much work to do:)

jquick    0

cool vid... i wish i could get back out on the water!!!

joelhughes    0

nothing better than some cool chicks hangin with the boys probably runnin their mouths ha gotta love it!

Jonnoir    0

My wife and I just watched the video nice job.

Jon and Brandi

duffymahoney    10

His Avalanche goofy wake didn't look super clean, is that because it didn't have enough weight? From the pictures I have seen the wave should have been cleaner. Great video! Makes me hate the ugly 2 month old snow in my yard!

Bigshow    0

The first goofy set looked better than the longer set at the end of the clip. Wonder if they have a BTT.

VaBeachBum    0

We don't have the BTT. I can't see the vid at work, but not much changed from set to set.

WakeVB    0

Hey guys, Thanks for the above props on the video. It was a fun time for sure working on it.

Yeah I remember specifically looking at the different waves we put off on that goofy side that day. VBB's boat is capable of putting off an incredible wave...I have seen it. To be honest we had stock ballast and I think a 400 on the starboard seat. If I had to take a wild guess it was just weight distribution....we had like 11 people on the boat that day and in between sets we were moving all around if I remember correctly. His Port wave is usually a lot better than goofy...imagine that :clapping:

Its all about good times and with that many on the boat we were more concerned about everyone getting a good set in...I dont think we messed with perfecting too much that day. :yahoo:

ripcurl    0

I am brand new to the board and loved the video. I watched the whole thing and am really stoked to go out and surf. I just bought an 08 enzo 230 last week and the cold weather has kept me from going out. This is like salt in the wounds of a winterized surfer. Thanks for the pre season nector.