WakeDoc

The Story Lives on the RESURRECTION

WakeDoc    471

Ran across this a couple of weeks ago the first time, my first thought was the second twin was up for sale. As I started looking at the pictures I realized that this was not the second it was on a different trailer, looks like the same boat but, NO...it couldn't be, Could It? For those that might be new to the Crew let's back up a little, in February of 2010 the unthinkable happened to us. On the way to drop the boat off for spring service we were hit on interstate 45 north of Houston and totaled the boat, trailer and truck, the whole rig was a total loss we stood on the side of the interstate in total disbelief. The whole story is HERE.

So when I found THIS the first time it was listed on Ebay I thought there is no way and made a point of looking for the hull ID number for the 2008 that we lost. Well life has been very busy lately and remembering to look into it moved to the back of my mind. Then last week LakeSurfer sent me a PM with a note about the auction on ebay and got me thinking about it again. Well yesterday at the boat show we were talking to our dealer about it, pulled up the auction, they ran the hull ID and sure enough there it was, it is her, the 2008 that we lost in the accident on interstate 45 in February of 2010 looking like the first day it showed up in 2008.

the RESURRECTION (More pictures on the Ebay listing)

!CCZcZuwEWk~$(KGrHqR,!igE0G0M2QJNBNK-jCK!6w~~_3.JPG

!CCZc-bgEWk~$(KGrHqV,!lUEz+18ZEvFBNK-msbr5w~~_3.JPG

!CCZc3tQBmk~$(KGrHqV,!g8E0fWQq1!mBNK-mDzMWg~~_3.JPG

!CCZcdUgBGk~$(KGrHqF,!l0Ez+wrKU(qBNK-jbgzb!~~_3.JPG

What she looked like in February of 2010

med_gallery_66_113_12924.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_96692.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_80431.jpg

med_gallery_66_113_11968.jpg

More pictures of her after the wreck HERE

The thing that bothers me is the listing does not say anything about salvage/wreck. Mixed emotions here, GREAT to see that she is getting a second chance but, have to wonder if the new owner will be made aware of her past?

LakeSurfer    10

The seller is not telling potential buyers about the history of the boat. I called finline with the hull number because I was going to ask them for a build sheet. That is when they told me what boat it was. I then asked the seller if the boat had a clear title and if this was indeed the boat that slid down the highway in Houston. The seller responded that the boat has a clean title but did not mention the fact that it had surfed down the highway last year.

h20king    794

thats funny when I saw that boat on E-Bay I thought the same thing but then thought no way. whoever did the work it looks like they did a great job and if I remember right I said way back then that someone would fix it and we would see it again LOL.............H

Carter13    69

The price is at $34,100 with four days left and no reserve so someone is going to get it. Can you imagine how sick that SOB that buys it is going to feel if he finds out the history of it.

I would be amazed if the boat could lauch off and over a jersey barrier and not have any sturctural damage to the stringers, motor mounts or other ares of the boat.

I hope someone turns him into ebay motors because the accident should be disclosed to the buyer. How can it have a clean title?

DarksideR    1,679

Pretty darn good price if it goes for the low 30's. But still, the buyer should be made aware of it's unfortunate history before purchase. You gotta laugh at the part of the ad that says "Hard to tell the difference between this boat and a brand new one! Doesn't have any scratches, dents or rips." I am very curious to know what may be shown on the boats proof of ownership papers as to it's rebuilt status. Scary stuff really.

LakeSurfer    10

Pretty darn good price if it goes for the low 30's. But still, the buyer should be made aware of it's unfortunate history before purchase. You gotta laugh at the part of the ad that says "Hard to tell the difference between this boat and a brand new one! Doesn't have any scratches, dents or rips." I am very curious to know what may be shown on the boats proof of ownership papers as to it's rebuilt status. Scary stuff really.

I asked the Seller if the boat had a salvage or clean title. The Seller said the boat comes with a clean title. If you call Fineline with the Hull number they will tell you the history of the boat and also tell you they will not stand behind the hull anymore.

How could that boat have a clean title? I feel really bad for whoever buys it. I would not give you $10K for that boat.

Edited by LakeSurfer

LakeSurfer    10

The price is at $34,100 with four days left and no reserve so someone is going to get it.

Last time the boat was put on EBAY, it sold for $38K. I asked the Seller why the winning bidder did not take the boat and he told me he did not know why. My guess is that the winning bidder figured out the history of the boat at the last second.

Carter13    69

Last time the boat was put on EBAY, it sold for $38K. I asked the Seller why the winning bidder did not take the boat and he told me he did not know why. My guess is that the winning bidder figured out the history of the boat at the last second.

I still cannot believe it has a clean title. That boat should have been scrapped. The insurance company is at fault for this POS being for sale. Maybe I am totally harsh for that last comment but I personally feel they passed the buck when they did not scrap it. So now some unsuspecting guy or gal is going to buy it thinking they are getting a smoking deal for it.

The seller has a 100% feedback. I wonder if he bought it and fixed it or bought it not knowing what happened to it?

I am with you Lake as far as not giving 10K for that boat. It has to be hammered structurally within the stringers and we both know those were or are not reparable.

As the saying goes, "You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig." In this situation it is a DEAD PIG.

Carter13    69

Hey Dark,

Here's your chance to upgrade for cheap. :diablo:

Edited by Carter13

duramat    462

Hey dark... It may have some hours on her but really it's all highway!! LMAO! :thumbsup:

Carter13    69

Hey dark... It may have some hours on her but really it's all highway!! LMAO! :thumbsup:

That is too funny you SOAB. :clapping:

DarksideR    1,679

Hey Dark,

Here's your chance to upgrade for cheap. :diablo:

Yeah!!! It'd make a beautiful lawn ornament! My guess, that's all it'd be good for.

OMG, that's fricken hillarious!

I hope Doc and Diva don't mind all this ribbing about their "ex".

rammer998    0

Wow i just read this, thats crazy. I was bidding on it in December when it was on ebay. I was kicking myself then but im sure not now. I to did contact the seller and didnt mention anything about it being in a wreck. I was currently bidding on it but not anymore. Hopefully the next winner reads this and or finds out before signing on the dotted line

WakeDoc    471

I am guessing that this phrase is the key...

If you buy this boat and upon pick-up you are not satisfied with it you can back out of this purchase.

and that the last buyer saw the slavage title and backed out. The truth is with people like this is, that a buyer will come along that cannot afford a version that is not damaged, want the boat bad enough, the seller will talk a good enough game and a buyer will get it for a low enough price that they will take the chance on it.

LakeSurfer    10

and that the last buyer saw the slavage title....

According to the Seller, this boat comes with a clean title (I dont know how that would be possible). I already deleted the Seller's responses to my questions, but here is the Seller's response to Trevor (basically the same response I got, but I specifically asked if this boat was wrecked and he ignored the question)

"Hi, I buy and resell boats for a living. I'm not sure about the warranty. I have a clean title on hand. Thanks, Steve

- gsmotorss"

For reference, here are Trevor's questions (above was the response Trevor got)

Hi there - I am interested in your boat. Can you tell me the following please.

1. Are you the original owner? If no how many owners.

2. Is it still under factory warranty?

3. Do you own the boat/title? Is the title clean?

Thanks in advance.

Carter13    69

and that the last buyer saw the slavage title and backed out. The truth is with people like this is, that a buyer will come along that cannot afford a version that is not damaged, want the boat bad enough, the seller will talk a good enough game and a buyer will get it for a low enough price that they will take the chance on it.

Wake,

The problem is Lakesurfer mentioned the seller said it had a clean title. At this point it is a farse as far as the sale is concerned.

I would imagine that you and only you could contact Ebay Motors and tell them the history of the boat and let them make the decision if it should go up for sale without the disclosure. Just think if you actually bought it unknowing of its past damage?

duffymahoney    10

Am I the only one that thinks that this is a good deal:) I would totally buy it! My best friends dad growing up specialized in fiberglass repair and boat rebuilding like this. He was so good you wouldn't be able to tell it apart from brand new.

Carter13    69

Am I the only one that thinks that this is a good deal:) I would totally buy it! My best friends dad growing up specialized in fiberglass repair and boat rebuilding like this. He was so good you wouldn't be able to tell it apart from brand new.

Knock yourself out duff. You may or may not regret it. :rolleyes:

Sporty    4

Funny Duffy, I was thinking the same thing.

Depending on who did the repair this could be a deal.

You would have to do some research on the repair shops proceedures.

Sporty