MN_Surfer

Give feedback and opinion on the board you surf!

MN_Surfer    0

I am around 180lbs and ride at least 4 nights a week. I also just picked a Grindwater Slaysh on craigslist for $250...it was brand new...too bad it was damaged during shipping and I epoxyed the nose today and hope to ride it in the next few days. It does seem to be "cheaply" constructed and had no fiberglass strands in it like my Endless Break. I am also sad to say that my Endless Break had a collision with the back of the boat this past weekend. :thumbsup: ...Ray from Endless Break is sending me the things needed to repair it and I also have a new one on order to ride in Florida in a few weeks. My Sweet Spot was also dropped in the boat and now has a crack in it on the outside edge...hope the epoxy holds on that one also. It was a rough weekend!!

Moral of the story....don't let a rookie ride your favorite board.

duramat    462
:thumbsup: cents... nicely done sir, nicely done.

I definately think the squirt is faster than the lake, atleast for me it was. But also easier to nosedive too. How different is the blackpearl?

The squirt will nose dive if your not carefull. The blue is way more forgiving and easier to recover on (pearling)

I'm proud to say I just dropped below 200#s, but the 230' s can play good on it even the 250's with a GOOD wave :censored:

For laughs I tried Bigcats Woody and I was it felt like I was Sufing a Norweigan Cruiser LOL just a gradual easy ride and no frills and able to surf way back there

DarksideR    1,679
Post up how much you weigh please as the Blue Lake was like riding a door for me at 150lbs. 190-240lb people thought it was shiizle.

Yep, Im 180 pounds and have said that the Bluelake feels like riding a coffee table. You really gotta put your back foot against that kickpad at the back to get it to turn with any bit of sharpness. I can't get it to break free at all.

post-848-1282236451_thumb.jpg

^^^ That's me giving everything I got to try and throw up some spray. Mind you, Im still very new to all of this. Still a sweet board, maybe some shorter fins would make it more fun for me?.

After riding Dura's IS squirt for a gooood loooong surf session back to the marina, I totally love that board. I don't have much experience on other boards but have ridden the blue lake a few times. I'm at 175 lbs and I think I liked the squirt better than the blue lake. I liked the slightly smaller size and it felt like I could really move well on the squirt the way Dura had it set up (single rear center fin). It was a very fast board naturally down the line but I think the blue lake was easier to pump. I felt like I could get on an edge better on the squirt than the blue lake. The blue lake just feels really boyant under my feet...I think I'm just not used to it. I would also say that the squirt could nose dive easier than the blue lake if you're not careful but I didn't think the squirt was prone to diving.

That board has me going through withdrawls and I can't wait to get back on it. I wouldn't necessarily say it is better than the blue lake....just different. For the price, you can't go wrong with the squirt IMO with the agility of the board and the flexibility it has with different fin configs. Very impressive for a relatively low priced board. If I would have known more when I got my board (CWB Ride), I would have gone with the IS squirt since they are in the same price range. After riding Dura's and Kris's Blue Lakes and Dura's Squirt, I don't have much fun on my CWB ride anymore. I may try removing one of the fins though or going to single rear to see if I like it more (it has 3 rear fins). Thanks Dura and Kris for letting me try out your boards. It is definately helpful for when I'm ready to buy.

I've just recently been able to ride for good periods without the rope so take my input for what it is worth from a rookie. I think I progressed more in one session on the squirt than I had riding my CWB all year.

Foiler    1

Thanks for the input on the squirt!! I think it will be perfect for me and my wife 150lbs and 180lbs. I also love the fact that it is thinner and should fit in the wakeboard rack and is sure is cheaper.

LakeSurfer    10
Thanks for the input on the squirt!! I think it will be perfect for me and my wife 150lbs and 180lbs. I also love the fact that it is thinner and should fit in the wakeboard rack and is sure is cheaper.

Foiler - the squirt is what you are looking for. It is the best board for the $ and it would be my choice for a boat board if I did not already have one. Also, the Blue Lake is to big for your wife (I am about 155lbs and my Blue Lake feels like a brick for me so I never ride it. If it was not such a great boat board for guys, I would sell it and buy a Squirt). I am going to try and teach my wife this September. I am hoping that my IS Black Pearl Yellow Tri-Fin is going to work for her.

Also, I met a buddy of yours on Lake Lewisville this weekend at Party Cove. I cant remember his name, but he had a Moomba.

Edited by LakeSurfer

Joe B    17
Foiler - the squirt is what you are looking for. It is the best board for the $ and it would be my choice for a boat board if I did not already have one. Also, the Blue Lake is to big for your wife (I am about 155lbs and my Blue Lake feels like a brick for me so I never ride it. If it was not such a great boat board for guys, I would sell it and buy a Squirt). I am going to try and teach my wife this September. I am hoping that my IS Black Pearl Yellow Tri-Fin is going to work for her.

Great advice!!!!

Ramzety    1

X2 X3 X4 Squirt...

I guess i got lucky on the squirt since it was the first board i bought and really the only one i have spent much time on. My question is for thoes that have been on the squirt what is the next step up. Not really looking to spend a bunch of $$$ if it's not going to be at least better than the Squirt...

Moss?

DD Carbon?

MN_Surfer    0

Rode my new Grindwater Slaysh today....this board is super forgiving!! It is super slow but easy to ride. It is VERY fragile...if you push on it too hard with your fingers you can crush it. It spins like a top, probably because the fins are super short. 3 people rode it today; 170lbs 180lbs and 200lbs. The heaviest guy did not like it... I am the 180lber and the 170lber had a ton of push, and could ride it very far back on the wave. You can put all of your weight on your front foot and it doesn't nose dive one bit. I will give this board some more time this weekend since I am waiting for my new Endless Break to arrive and I also ordered 3 Shred Stixx today. I think I have a bad addiction!! :spiteful:

duffymahoney    10
Rode my new Grindwater Slaysh today....this board is super forgiving!! It is super slow but easy to ride. It is VERY fragile...if you push on it too hard with your fingers you can crush it. It spins like a top, probably because the fins are super short. 3 people rode it today; 170lbs 180lbs and 200lbs. The heaviest guy did not like it... I am the 180lber and the 170lber had a ton of push, and could ride it very far back on the wave. You can put all of your weight on your front foot and it doesn't nose dive one bit. I will give this board some more time this weekend since I am waiting for my new Endless Break to arrive and I also ordered 3 Shred Stixx today. I think I have a bad addiction!! :spiteful:

What stixx boards did you get? I am getting a new elevation wed. My buddy dropped my custom one and wrecked it.

Foiler    1

I almost bought one of those Grindwater boards but decided against it after hearing how fragile they are. I wanted something more durable as a boat board that everyone will ride.

Ended up getting an IS squirt. Rode it for the first time yesterday which was really my first time surfing (actually rode for 5 minutes once behind another boat full of people and holding the rope which didn't really amount to anything). I absolutely love the fact that it fits in my wakeboard rack. I was able to ride it ropeless first day weighing 180 lbs with only a 750 lb sack in the rear locker and the center ballast full so I was pretty happy about that.

islander033    2
.....My buddy dropped my custom one and wrecked it.

:wallbash:

....I was able to ride it ropeless first day weighing 180 lbs with only a 750 lb sack in the rear locker and the center ballast full so I was pretty happy about that.

:spiteful:

duramat    462
Ended up getting an IS squirt. Rode it for the first time yesterday which was really my first time surfing (actually rode for 5 minutes once behind another boat full of people and holding the rope which didn't really amount to anything). I absolutely love the fact that it fits in my wakeboard rack. I was able to ride it ropeless first day weighing 180 lbs with only a 750 lb sack in the rear locker and the center ballast full so I was pretty happy about that.

Nicely done sir! :spiteful:

rizza32    0

So Duff did you have to wait 4 to 6 weeks or are they caught up as far as making boards now and have existing stock.

marsh9man    0
X2 X3 X4 Squirt...

I guess i got lucky on the squirt since it was the first board i bought and really the only one i have spent much time on. My question is for thoes that have been on the squirt what is the next step up. Not really looking to spend a bunch of $$$ if it's not going to be at least better than the Squirt...

Moss?

DD Carbon?

Squirt is my first board too, and this is my first season surfing, and we love it. We have taught several people on it, and it feels like a board you can progress on as well. It is light, smaller, and fits great in my wakeboard rack.

I am at least 230 lb's, maybe more being the end of summer, and I ride it no problem, as do people who weigh 90 lbs less than me.

I have had the traction pad peel away from the board a little towards the nose, but not a big deal.

duffymahoney    10
So Duff did you have to wait 4 to 6 weeks or are they caught up as far as making boards now and have existing stock.

I normally get put last on the waiting list. They give people that pay full price boards first. This is actually a board that was made for photoshoots. It has a gloss finish. My buddy paid me for the board and he is repairing it and he is gonna sell it. So I was just out an elevation for a week or so. Totally sucks riding other boards after that rocket.

rizza32    0

THats funny, you had to slum it for a week. Im plannin on gettin a stixx next season. Just like MN surfer I have a problem. TMBS can be a debilitating problem. Too Many Board Syndrome. Yes its a real condition look it up. Well a real condition for the members of this site.

MN_Surfer    0
What stixx boards did you get? I am getting a new elevation wed. My buddy dropped my custom one and wrecked it.

I picked up a Comp 1, Rebecca Ort, and a Thresher....you can't have too many boards. I try to ride all of my boards but still have my favorites. I now have 8 boards with more to come.