tank222

Age Of Boat Owners/Members.

poosie    7

45 feel 30 act 20. 2 daughters, wife who love the boat. started out young with a 16' chapparel just for skiing, had a 20' bayliner and then moved to the inboard. probably be my last unless future grandkids really take to the sport. good thread

ladderrat    0

40 goin on 20..... mentally anyway....... i know this by the fact the 'kids' joe b n i crew wiith have a hard time keepin up with us! father of 4, married 12years......... nicw thing about bein old is i can afford all those toys i wanted when i was 20!.......

wahi wahi

:clapping:

Troy    234

I'm 30, wife 25. Married 5 years, 2 1/2 year old boy and a daughter due in October.

Bought first boat (1994 Four Winns) in 2007, I liked to Slalom ski and couldn't afford much but the Four Winns looked and ran as if it just rolled out the showroom. Took up wakeboarding mid-summer 09. Sold the Four Winns in Jan 2010 for $300 less than we bought if for. Bought our 08 Avy brand new in January 2010. Looking to install my surf ballast this winter to start surfing next summer.

This site is great! Great people that like to have fun. We pick on each other and have a good time, Everyone just needs to remember this in a forum and words can be taken out of context and don't get upset. :surfing2:

LakeSurfer    10

I am 35yrs old but mentally I am in my mid 20's. I have been married for 8 years and we have a 5 yr old son and a 1 yr old daughter. My 08 Avy is my 2nd boat. I had an MC 205 in my 20's that I sold so I could go back to grad school.

I cant think of a better thing to waste my money on: great way to spend time with the family and every time I get out with the guys just to go surf I feel like I am 25 yrs old again. Heck, a buddy and I went to the lake this Wed and surfed from 7:00 pm - 10:30 pm. 1st time I ever night surfed and it was awesome (few pics of my buddy. His 3rd time surfing).

post-465-1279220009_thumb.jpg

post-465-1279220039_thumb.jpg

Edited by LakeSurfer

Bongo Fury    640
Just wondering the age of most the boat owners on this site, I've been looking at alot of pictures and videos latley and it just seems that every one is alot older than me. Just wondering I'll start.

23 I turn 24 in October.

Funny…seems to me everyone on this sight is younger than me….I guess that’s because most are: I’m 53, married for 17 years to my first and only wife. We have two boys 14 and 11, and we live on the coast just outside of San Francisco. I’m a workaholic who threw caution to the wind and bought a lake house and my Falcon in 2008. It is my first boat, and I can truly say it has changed my life. I wish I could say I feel 20…..but I can say I feel a hell of a lot younger than I did before I got my boat. It has also done wonders for spending time with my family. My wife says when I’m on the boat I’m always smiling.

wakewife    0

Hey Bongo I lived in Half Moon Bay/ ElGranada for the first 16 years of life, family is still there. Pacifica is just as nice, we always enjoyed a good surf session on the break there.

What lake do you usually boat at?

GOBIG    4

I am 35yrs old but live more like I'm in my 20's....... Been married for 7 years with 2 daughters 8 and 2.

My 07 eclipse is my 5th boat. Had a couple Supras a 90 and a 91 before my awesome wife talked my into buying our centurion. I love being able to spend time on the water with the family.

Bongo Fury    640
Hey Bongo I lived in Half Moon Bay/ ElGranada for the first 16 years of life, family is still there. Pacifica is just as nice, we always enjoyed a good surf session on the break there.

What lake do you usually boat at?

We love the coast, but when the fog comes in we like to head to the lake. We have a place at Clear Lake and keep the boat on a lift there. Wife and kids just left an hour ago to go back up. With any luck I can head up there sometime tomorrow morning.

wakewife    0

I heard it has been pretty chilly down that way recently. Especially for summer.

1911    4

29 years old here. Typhoon is my first boat and I couldnt be happier with it.

Im Danny. turned 40 in april. Married 16 years with 2 daughters 13 and 10. The Elite V is our second boat. My parents have always had a lake place, so I was always around boats. When My buddy got my oldest wakeboarding when she was 8, I decided to sell are tahoe deckboat, and buy a inboard. I can honestly say it was one of the best decisions I ever made. The kids love to go on the boat,so its good times with family and friends!!

Could you younger "kids" use larger font - plz!

43 years young - HAPPILY married for 19 years

2 kids - boy 6 and girl 4 (ditto to all the comments about GREAT FAMILY time)

Awesome stereo upgrade in my Enzo this winter to all WetSounds - but mostly because my hearing is starting to go at my age :surfing2:

3rd boat - 1st was Baja and now have an Enzo

And of course - we have an old persons boat - a PONTOON :censored:

Work/play schedule during our summer months:

Work Mon-Thur

At the lakes Thur evening-Sun evening

Love to surf day AND night :thumbsup:

To all everyone in your 20s - good choice of priorities in life :thumbsup:

I'm 35 and my wife is 34 the Avy is my second boat, the first one was a tahoe and I just moved up to a Centurion this year. We have 3 kids 6, 5 and 1 month and the older two both love the boat.

CTMILKMAN    0

Canada, pretty similar situation here, wife and I are both 35 with 3 kids 9, 5 1/2, & 2. Been married almost 10 years and this is our 1st boat. I may 35, but I like to think of myself as 17 yr old and an 18 yr old; the 18yr old is the responsible one who pays the bills and keeps things going & plans for the future, while the 17yr old pushes the limits of everything and only worries about today!!

My dad has had 2 boats so far, the 1st for 26 years, and his current one for 20. Neither anything special just a 19ft outboard, but I have been drivin them longer than I've been drivin a car!! Kids love our Avy and I am teachin my 9 yr old & possibly the 5yr old how to wakeboard this year.....surfin is on tap for next year

Edited by CTMILKMAN

Canada, pretty similar situation here, wife and I are both 35 with 3 kids 9, 5 1/2, & 2. Been married almost 10 years and this is our 1st boat. I may 35, but I like to think of myself as 17 yr old and an 18 yr old; the 18yr old is the responsible one who pays the bills and keeps things going & plans for the future, while the 17yr old pushes the limits of everything and only worries about today!!

My dad has had 2 boats so far, the 1st for 26 years, and his current one for 20. Neither anything special just a 19ft outboard, but I have been drivin them longer than I've been drivin a car!! Kids love our Avy and I am teachin my 9 yr old & possibly the 5yr old how to wakeboard this year.....surfin is on tap for next year

I started my little guy out on the ez ski this weekend, it was a huge hit and the surfing is unbelievable I definitely recommend picking up a fat sack for the rear locker.

CTMILKMAN    0

my 9 yr old tried waterskiing last year but was easily discouraged, i attributed to age, but now that his little brother is startin to push him, he tends to throw caution to the wind, should be a great summer.

... Kids love our Avy and I am teachin my 9 yr old & possibly the 5yr old how to wakeboard this year.....surfin is on tap for next year

Just my 2 cents - start them this year!

Obrien has a Jimmie Jam wakesurf for young kids:

http://cgi.ebay.com/OBRIEN-JIMMIE-JAM-KNEE...=item3a561c93ac

I am not connected to this listing but this is what we started with.

This year started 6 yr old on it with NO wave (5-6 MPH) for him to learn to stand.

Now he is on a "real" board and surfing with LITTLE wake.

LMAO when he got done and said he was "about ready to throw the rope" ! ! !

Start them early - go with lower speeds and smaller wave -and always HAVE FUN ! ! !