WakeDoc

Boatmate Trailer Modifications Completed

WakeDoc    471

In 2008 WakeDiva and I met Owen from Boatmate Trailers at the Centurion 2008 World Wakesurfing Championships. He and the crew from Boatmate were admiring our boat that was being used as the PA system for the event. To their surprise the boat was sitting on a stock Boatmate trailer, we didn't see spending the extra money on a trailer used for towing the boat to and from the lake. Owen could not of disagreed more, he said, "A boat that looks like that needs to be sitting on a blinged out trailer." Later that year a sponsor of the boat did not renew, so I gave Owen a ring, without hesitation he said we're in. Long story short, in the off season we put the boat on a set of dolly’s at Texas Sport Boats, Owen's crew made a delivery to Houston and loaded our trailer to take it back to their factory. A few weeks later they delivered the trailer, you would have thought it was brand new. WakeDiva and I stood there catching fly's with our mouths open, we could not believe the difference the "blinged" out trailer made. The even bigger surprise was to come, we hitched the boat to the truck and headed home, I quickly realized how much better the boat towed with the low profile tires and mag wheels, like a Corvette on a t-bar.

After the accident Owen called to see if we were ok after chatting for a while I told him that the everything was totaled including the trailer. We talked about it for a bit and then he asked so what are we going to do for the new trailer? We talked about it several times over the following couple of weeks and this is what we ended up with.

gallery_66_177_36385.jpg

A custom trailer that looks as good as the boat but, WakeDiva and I took it one step further and had the frame of the trailer wrapped. Instead of the standard weld on mounting plate for the spare a splined shaft, the same as the axel, was welded to the trailer frame. The spare is mounted to an complete hub assembly, which is then mounted to the welded on spline shaft, so if we are on the road and a bearing on a hub goes bad we can pull the entire spare hub assembly off the trailer and place it on the axel, which might take a little time but would not leave us stranded waiting for parts. As much as we tow the boat this was a huge plus for us.

gallery_66_177_42315.jpg

We liked the stainless fenders so much on the last trailer that we went with them again. Since we were replacing everything and wanted to do something different we went with the radio-edit Cepek DC-2 wheels to match the truck. We believe they contrast well with the stainless fenders and black trailer.

gallery_66_177_6911.jpg

To give the trailer a different look Boatmate brought the front step even with the top of the frame rail giving it a beefier look, like one solid piece.

gallery_66_177_61094.jpg

An up close view of the stainless fenders with the Centurion helmet embossed on them and the DC-2 wheel and tires. With the last boat being wrapped we have a rule that everyone always gets on and loads from the swim platform this reduces the chance of scratching the wrap from climbing over the side of the boat. On the last trailer the step ended just past the guide pole. On this trailer Boatmate extended the step to the end of the trailer and made the step even with the top of the frame rail giving it a beefier look, like the step in front of the fender. This makes it easy to step up onto the step and then onto the swim platform.

gallery_66_177_25907.jpg

A close up look at the Boatmate logo on the wrap and the polished non-slip diamond plate on the step.

gallery_66_177_236.jpg

Bringing the step to the top of the frame rail also gave Boatmate more room on the back of the trailer so they could use the longer more modern LED brake, reverse, and running lights. All of the lights on the trailer are colored LED’s with clear lenses. The ratchet tie downs are not a necessity but, make securing the boat a lot more convenient and are easy to install, inexpensive upgrade to any trailer.

gallery_66_177_65802.jpg

The trailer rails are wrapped with a black background to match the rest of the trailer with the same purple lightning bolts that are on the bow and stern of the boat.

gallery_66_177_8103.jpg

A little closer shot of the CenturionCrew.Com logo, the graphics make it look like raised chrome lettering.

gallery_66_177_60396.jpg

The wrap comes over the top of the trailer frame giving the trailer color no matter where you look.

gallery_66_177_21578.jpg

The trailer also has the run way lighting from Boatmate (the clear lens light right above the letter C in Crew in the picture above this one). At the back of the trailer is a switch, when it makes contact with water the circuit is completed turning on the five white run way lights down each rail of the trailer.

What we have learned by having Boatmate trailers both stock and customized is no matter which one you get they are both very dependable, outstanding trailers. While the upgraded wheels will tow better, we never had an issue with the original stock trailer. The best thing we have found about the Boatmate trailer is the outstanding customer service. So whether you have a Boatmate trailer you want to upgrade, thinking of buying a new boat and not sure what to order on the trailer give Boatmate a call. They are dedicated to building the highest quality premium boat trailers available. Boatmate knows their customers work hard, play hard and depend on their products to give them the most out of their trailer every time they tow.

Troy    234

Very Nice! compliments the boat very well!

Foiler    1

Looks sweet! I agree Boatmates customer service is second to none. Issues that I had with my trailer were taken care of quickly with no hesitation and I felt they went above and beyond. Made me very glad that my boat came on a Boatmate trailer and then made me realize how much nicer they are compared to the VM trailers that a lot of the West Coast boats come on and I never paid that much attention to the trailers when I was actually looking at the boats.

acpilot    1

Wow, looks awesome, it must be nice to live in a climate where you can pull that around and not have to wash it everyday.

MANDC    0

X3 on boatmates customer service. Owen is the man. I too had issues with our trailer and owen met me at five in the morning to get my trailer and make it right. THEY R GREAT> :surfing2:

WakeDoc    471

Thanks everyone we wanted to do something we had never seen before on this boat/trailer.

Wow, looks awesome, it must be nice to live in a climate where you can pull that around and not have to wash it everyday.

I wish, spent a couple of hours cleaning it last Sunday, took a nap, woke to darkness, what??? It's only 5:30, look out and the skies are black, no rain in forecast. We grab keys and haul you know what to storage, half way there it opens up and we have to tow through a now muddy construction area, we were PISSED. Spent part of this past Friday night and Saturday morning cleaning boat and trailer for the pictures, finished cleaning what the lake didn't clean off the axles etc. on Sunday. Oh and around here, bugs, bugs and more bugs splattered every time we tow especially at night.

looks amazing. i didnt even notice the trailer wrap till this post.

it surely pulls off the entire look of the boat itself.

lets see a wrap on the truck!

quick question: you said in another post that youve been working on a new wrap since last september. that means that it was supposed to go on the old boat right?

anywho, looks great. you need to plan some trps around the country and come and visit other CCC members, california first though :surfing2:

Joe B    17

Looks great and matches the boat.

I too agree that 18" wheels tow Soooo much better over my old stock 14". Spends more time hugging the curves than bouncing around and wagging the dog.

WakeDoc    471
looks amazing. i didnt even notice the trailer wrap till this post.

it surely pulls off the entire look of the boat itself.

lets see a wrap on the truck!

quick question: you said in another post that youve been working on a new wrap since last september. that means that it was supposed to go on the old boat right?

anywho, looks great. you need to plan some trps around the country and come and visit other CCC members, california first though B)

That is because the trailer was not wrapped in the first pictures we posted...:surfing2:...not wrapping the truck, would look great but, like to be able to put it all away after the weekend.

Yes, the wrap was originally intended for the boat we loss, was supposed to be wrapped two weeks after the accident.

We do want to travel some but, I think cali is going to be a little to much driving for a long weekend...:unknw:...might need to find a place that more could meet at.

That is because the trailer was not wrapped in the first pictures we posted...:harhar:...not wrapping the truck, would look great but, like to be able to put it all away after the weekend.

Yes, the wrap was originally intended for the boat we loss, was supposed to be wrapped two weeks after the accident.

We do want to travel some but, I think cali is going to be a little to much driving for a long weekend...:unknw:...might need to find a place that more could meet at.

oh, you mean the boat doesnt have wings? i was thinking you could just fly here in a few hours! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

why the weekend? take a week off work. the boss wont mind [[maybe?]] :innocent:

rammer998    0

Wakedoc & diva,

Awesome unit, makes me jealous :thumbsup: Being up here on the westcoast of Canada, I saw my first Boatmate trailer today. I stopped by the the new dealer or should i say I think they are a dealer since there was 3 2010 Centurions delivered there today. Anyways, they have an 2010 Avy on a boatmate trailer. 18" wheels and had the run way lights. Just looking at the trailer and comparing to a VM trailers, I would say the Boatmate trailer is nicer trailer.

Spud    7

Okay, everything I have said about not upgrading my trailer.... Changed.

AWESOME !!

I too love the stainless fenders with the Centurion helmet logo on them. Stands out and makes a difference for sure. X2 on the low profile tires pulling better.

desotodave    0
That is because the trailer was not wrapped in the first pictures we posted...:harhar:...not wrapping the truck, would look great but, like to be able to put it all away after the weekend.

Think Lake Powell! 186 miles long and more shoreline than the west coast of the United States! Beautiful beaches and crystal blue water!!!

post-747-1276610448_thumb.jpg

WakeDoc    471

I would love to make a trip to Powell problem is not getting there, the problem is making the 20 hour drive home after spending a week on the lake, it would be nothing short of BRUTAL!

Bigcatpt    408
Think Lake Powell! 186 miles long and more shoreline than the west coast of the United States! Beautiful beaches and crystal blue water!!!

I am thinking I am gonna be there in 3 weeks. I'm thinking a lot...... must focus......

islander033    2
.....We do want to travel some but, I think cali is going to be a little to much driving for a long weekend...:unknw:...might need to find a place that more could meet at.

I would love to make a trip to Powell problem is not getting there, the problem is making the 20 hour drive home after spending a week on the lake, it would be nothing short of BRUTAL!

Lake Newell in Southern Alberta it is then! :harhar:

jquick    0

i like how bright the lights are when submerged.

desotodave    0
I am thinking I am gonna be there in 3 weeks. I'm thinking a lot...... must focus......

Doc,

That sounded like an invite to me!!!!!