Jackfly    0

Used my PP (old 6.5) for the first time and had two issues. While slowing to turn around after buddy biffed, I pulled back to idle, and I got a really loud prolonged alarm. I thought it was the Merc alarm, but turns out it was coming from the PP. It stopped after about 10 seconds. has anyone had this issue? My second problem is that when slowing to turn around, I pull throttle into neutral, then shift into idle, and I can't give the boat gas. I have to push the throttle almost all the way to full, then the engine starts to wind up. I finally noticed that the PP speed shows like 55 mph when this is going on. When the boat comes to a complete stop, the speed "resets" and throttle feels normal. Any thoughts on this one?

islander033    2

Call PP at 1 (902) 468-2150, they have great customer service.

zapisor    43

Yes, what he said,

I have 6.5 and its never done any of those things. The only time I get an alarm is when the computer dosn't quite boot up after starting and I have to cycle the ignition to reset it.

tank222    2

I hate my pp it doesn't work at all.

bcollins    18

Ahhhh, that's blasphemy. PP saved my life/marriage.

bcollins    18

Did you try and test the servo? I think there is a way to test it, referenced in the manual. Maybe the paddlewheel is off? Other than that, I got nothing. I installed mine and it's worked great ever since.

Edited by bcollins

Packrat    13

There is also a way to remove slack from the PP pulley wire as I recall it is a knob on the top of the unit that you twist until it is snug. Perhaps there is too much slack. I would check the manual and the other suggestions above. I too have gotten great customer service from PP in the past.

zapisor    43

Phone them, there is not better customer service than these guys

poosie    7

do you have stargazer or the paddlewheel. i had noticed in the past before i put in the stargazer that the paddlewheel would be way off for some reason which would affect your pp

Joe B    17

Ahhh, alarms and not holding speed (hunting/surging) and all kinds of weird stuff... Make sure your batteries are fully charged!

It was a pain in the neck to troubleshoot as it was something weird everytime. Battery was the issue. I then added a 2nd battery and good to go.

Try that before you pull your hair out. Try running it in RPM mode to exclude the paddlewheel as the people at PP had me troubleshoot. Open engine cover, put in neutral and turn off PP and it'll ask that it's in Neutral, click YES and go back and watch/hear the servo spool back up to make sure it's not sticking.

tank222    2

I'll have to find my manual and make a call and see what's going on.

kmoney    2

i agree my buttons don't even work and its gonna cost around $200 to fix after shipping both ways.... wish they were located in the country!

bprobertson    8

I know that sometimes my perfect pass will beep at me when i shift to neutral and i just have to engage the throttle and then put back to neutral. I was told that it was a throttle stick issue and to much or little play in the throttle line.

Joe B    17

FWIW, the beeps were always related to a drop in voltage for me. I went to 2 batteries and charge them once a month and haven't had any beeps or hunting for speed since.

kmoney    2

how hard is it and what tools do i need to pull the PP display gauge.... i have to send it back.

Is the loud beep I hear when I turn the key on due to PP or do all centurions do this on startup?

tank222    2

My problem is that once I get to my set speed, it doesnt take over. I awlays have to play with the throttle.

Kevin Baugh    78