islander033

Attitudes with different boat brands

ladderrat    0

OH CRAPOLA!!! i have seen it all now. comin in today watched a pair of jet skis with three people between the two loadin in (filling their seat storage with beer- in a dry lake state mind you). two younger kids- guy n girl (teenagers) and a scruffy' looking fellow in his late 30's early 40's. long story short the older 'gentleman' proceeded to start doing donuts less than 20ft from the dock (in the no-wake zone) as 2 of us were coming in to unload and 1 boat on the dock next to him!!!! needless to say, more than a few were upset. thought id seen it all- time for another smack in the face from ol Newton........... :nea:

i need a beer...........

later

dave

islander033    2

So we are coming into the marina at about 22:00hrs on last Saturday. Right behind us a bunch of yahoos are still pulling an empty tube 60ft behind them. The rope was right across the launch area and they never did pull it in until they had their boat out of the water. It is a wonder that no one got the rope around their prop.

To quote Dean Wormer from Animal House...."fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life". Yes they were drunk and obviously stupid.

I am so glad that I beat them to the marina.

WakeDoc    471
So we are coming into the marina at about 22:00hrs on last Saturday. Right behind us a bunch of yahoos are still pulling an empty tube 60ft behind them. The rope was right across the launch area and they never did pull it in until they had their boat out of the water. It is a wonder that no one got the rope around their prop.

To quote Dean Wormer from Animal House...."fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life". Yes they were drunk and obviously stupid.

I am so glad that I beat them to the marina.

Should have taken a picture of them, here is one from last year. This guy came in on plane, zig zagging through a cluster of boats waiting to load, in a NO WAKE zone with people yelling at him. He stopped, someone jumped off the front of the boat, threw it in reverse and ran over the tube rope he was dragging. What's the quote?

WQ1185903493.jpg

islander033    2
Should have taken a picture of them, here is one from last year. This guy came in on plane, zig zagging through a cluster of boats waiting to load, in a NO WAKE zone with people yelling at him. He stopped, someone jumped off the front of the boat, threw it in reverse and ran over the tube rope he was dragging. What's the quote?

I would have had a pic of this fiasco but it was getting pretty dark and I only had my crappy camera phone on board at the time.

The quote was in quotation marks. ( I may have messed it up a bit as well, but you get the idea).

VaBeachBum    0

I've been out of town, just got back to see your comments. I'm not shy.

Anyway, I'm just saying that it's easy to get upset at all the ignorance on public waterways. There is a lot of it. I try to teach people as much as I can. Last night, I was on someone else's boat for the first time. The driver turned a hard left just as the person was about to take a wake hit from that side. The wake washed out, and the rider got tossed. I was on someone else's boat. I didn't want to seem like an tush, so I kept my mouth shut. They may know what to do, they might have just made a mistake. Regardless, if I ride with them again and it happens, I'll say something.

I try to spread knowledge. I do help people at ramps. My dad and I struggled with his first boat. And there were people all around us getting pissed or laughing or whatever. And we got really frustrated. We did some things wrong and it sucked. Now, we look at each other and say "look, this is OUR time at the ramp. We will make sure we don't rush ourselves into making easy mistakes."

So many people are quick to point fingers and laugh or whatever. My thought is spread the love, spread the knowledge. Chances are, the person struggling at the ramp will accept your offer to help with a smile. If not, then walk on by.

(short rant)

Our flight coming back from Mexico got canceled. When we found out, all of the travelers began ranting. The plane was canceled due to mechanical difficulty. I'm ok with not flying on that plane. Not everyone else. And the ruckus they started made me really upset with how Americans acted in that capacity. Sure we were inconvenienced, but we were alive and on the ground. It took us an additional 30 hours to get home after dealing with all of this. And the whole time people are bitching out anyone they could find. I just sat peacefully and watched it all go down. When someone complained to me about not getting on that plane, I'd say "I'm ok with not flying on a plane having mechanical difficulties" and leave it at that. They found that I would not fan their fire.

I spoke to one lady about the problems with our american attitudes in situations like this and said "I just try not to get stressed or angry in situations like this because it gets you no where."

She said to me "I noticed that about you"

That was the nicest compliment I've been paid in a long time.

Sit back and breathe deeply. Anger never works as a solution.

(sorry for the long post, haven't been on here in a while!!)

islander033    2
Sit back and breathe deeply. Anger never works as a solution.

I totally agree to this.

I also think that ignorance is no excuse either. People should take it upon themselves to be aware and educated about the task at hand. Be it parking lot and launch procedures or just anchoring in safe areas to bob around and enjoy the day with there families.

VaBeachBum    0

A neighbor asked me yesterday if I would accompany him to the boat ramp to help him load his boat. He said he had done it once, but really wanted some good pointers. We had a successful and fairly quick load while other boat launchers lined up at the ramp. He was very grateful that I took the time to help him.

And while we were there, we saw a family that was having trouble loading their boat. We stopped to help them as well. They were very appreciative too.

(There were a few in line breathing heavy and starting to get angry with them, and I wasn't going to let that happen on my watch. Some people can really be nasty.)

A neighbor asked me yesterday if I would accompany him to the boat ramp to help him load his boat. He said he had done it once, but really wanted some good pointers. We had a successful and fairly quick load while other boat launchers lined up at the ramp. He was very grateful that I took the time to help him.

And while we were there, we saw a family that was having trouble loading their boat. We stopped to help them as well. They were very appreciative too.

(There were a few in line breathing heavy and starting to get angry with them, and I wasn't going to let that happen on my watch. Some people can really be nasty.)

What saddens me is when help is declined.

Last year were waiting to launch at the "launch" side of the ramp we used to use and the guy ahead had a brand new "trophy" (bayliner) fishing boat. I never knew they made a walkaround style boat that small. He had parked his chrysler minivan with a precarious looking hitch and trailer way too high on the ramp. he had his significant other holding the boat steady at on the ramp dock while he had every foot of winch strap from his trailer payed out. He walked the strap down... too short... honey, move the boat forward.... too short... honey, move the boat some more... too short... bow now hitting back of trailer and bottoming out on ramp with wakes/waves. we offered to help him load and had suggested he move his trailer into the water some more--He insisted only an idiot would know you should never get the trailer wheels wet and that if we wanted to help we should shut up and get in and help his wife who (not in swimwear) was now in the water up to her chest trying to push the boat on the trailer on the slippery ramp. All subsequent help was refused with very colorful language. a small crowed had formed which they were oblivious to. I didn't have the presence of mind to point out that every time it rains the wheels would get wet-on second thought I probably would have gotten punched. To this day I have no idea how they got launched to begin with.

We missed the rest of the show as the recovery side of the ramp opened up long enough for us to get in. On our return we noted a fair amount of gelcoat scuffing on the "launch priority" ramp. Never did see them at that ramp again.

Edited by eleventenths

ENZONONO    0

whether it be roadways, or waterways, there is always one in a crowd. It's not the Mercedes that cut you off, it's the driver. It's not the MC that is stupid, it's the driver. I find that it seems the more the car, or boat cost the more that owner feels the rules dont apply to them. Ignorance in a car, or boat unfortunatly is just a part of life.

JMO

islander033    2
whether it be roadways, or waterways, there is always one in a crowd. It's not the Mercedes that cut you off, it's the driver. It's not the MC that is stupid, it's the driver. I find that it seems the more the car, or boat cost the more that owner feels the rules dont apply to them. Ignorance in a car, or boat unfortunatly is just a part of life.

JMO

I wish there was only one at the marina that I use. It is usually 5-20 all at the same time and they all think that they are in front of me...lol.

I guess that is the price of doing business in a resort town.

superdtf    68

I've owned ski nautiques and mastercrafts exclusively (since the late 70's). The brand of boat has nothing to do with it. The huge majority of people don't know how to drive to minimize or direct rollers - especially those new to the lake. BTW, coming off plane quickly and fast idle back to your skier is nearly every bit as fast as the power turn and significantly less dangerous in other aspects. Besides that, people won't keep thinking your a rookie (that's got to count for something). :D

I didn't buy the Enzo because it was less less snobby. I didn't pass on the super air nautique because it was more expensive. We bought the Enzo because it was the best boat. -- Really, that switchblade is silly-tush bitchen.

tush? I think it was donkey.

I love you guys.

Edited by superdtf

Good laugh... the clown's who try and tow their tube (and kids) under the bridge, boat one side of the piers', tube the other... dumb....

Kramer    0

Yeah, I have a few friends with Nautiques and Mastercrafts, and all are pretty cool about different brands except for one. In this spoiled brat's eyes, if it doesn't cost at least 80k, it sucks. He stuck in this world of brand names and the only thing that makes a boat is the sticker on the sides that costs you an extra 25k. It's sad really but oh well, I didn't buy a Nautique, but his daddy did. :good: They are all nice boats, but it's the attitude of the owner that ruins it.

enzo on LI    79

I know this is an old topic, but I have owned my 08 SV230 for 2 years now, and would have to agree with comments about MC owners being, lets just go with rude, for now. Before my Centurion I owned a MC X30. Probably the only MC I will own. I was about 25 when I got it, on my own, without mom and dads help. I think I was somewhat the same as most of the other MC owners out there. My neighbors have owned a MC Prostar 214 for 2 years as well now. Ever since they got that boat, our relationship with them has gone down hill. Their attitude slowly seemed to change. Maybe cause theya re slalom skiiers and we are boarders (will slalom myself on occasion), or maybe its just cause we bought a different brand. I dunno. My point is, is that around here in NW Iowa, everything is pretty much MC, and that is unfortunate, cause after joining this forum, I really wish my wife and I could meet a lot of you guys. I think there is so much more fun to be had on the water, than what I have experienced thus far.

islander033    2
..... I really wish my wife and I could meet a lot of you guys. I think there is so much more fun to be had on the water, than what I have experienced thus far.

When I see someone with a Centurion I automatically assume that they are good people. I haven't been disappointed yet. :thumbsup:

duramat    462
When I see someone with a Centurion I automatically assume that they are good people. I haven't been disappointed yet.

YEP!....................except for Bigcat

HA HA!

Bigcatpt    408
YEP!....................except for Bigcat

HA HA!

Where did that come from??? Just cause I didn't invite you to Pineview?

Thats it.... I'm taking my boat and going home!

Always picking on the fat kid.......

NO SOUP FOR YOU DURA!!!!! LMAO!!!

Edited by Bigcatpt

h20king    794

sort of the standing joke here in Oregon what is the difference between mastercraft/Lexus owners and a porcupine?the location of the prick

duramat    462

LOL funny stuff! :unworthy:

Nick    0
Nothing says douch like a bunch of 20 somethings in daddy's boat

whoa whoa whoa im 20 and im at the lake every weekend in my yes my own boat. I work 2 full time jobs and go to school full time, not all 20 year olds are douches, i know thats not what your saying at all lol just wanted to point out there is atleast one not spoiled honest 20 year old with his own boat so if anyone is in cen cal drop me a line and well hit the lake. and btw im 100 percent agreeing with you the general rule is the more expensive the boat the bigger the douche behind the wheel.