Sign in to follow this  
Smokytrail

Does anyone use Speakersox or Screamin Sacs?

Smokytrail    0

Has anyone used either brand to cover their tower speakers? I'm looking to install a few pairs and am wondering about the quality.

Thanks!

Smoky

rizza32    0

I used speaker sox for a loud liquid set up on my last moomba. They worked great and kept their color well without fading. The accumulation of highway travel bugs was easily cleaned off. Just dont forget to safety knot after the bungee so you dont loose em while on the road.

Audionly101    39

I have used both. The speaker sox are nice because they are more form fitting and can be left on all the time although they are very breathable and mostly just keep the bugs off and some water out. The Screaming Sacs are more water resistant but don't fit as well and need to be taken off to get decent sound from them. The big downfall to the screaming sacs was they have the elastic hole on the top to install them, but water gets inside them and does not drain out the holes in the bottom very well so they collect water. Both have their perks but I would recommend the speaker sox IMO.

post-619-1270161160_thumb.jpg Here is a pic of the Speaker Sox on my Bazooka Tubbies on my Malibu last spring.

Edit to add picture.

Edited by Audionly101

LakeSurfer    10

I have the SpeakerSox for my WS Pro 60s. They also gave me a fee mirror cover. I think they work good.

srhoffman    0

+1 for the speaker sox, I had the screamin sacs and they were nice at first but they faded really fast and never really had that "tight as spandex" look I wanted for the speaker cans and as someone mentioned the rain got in and collected in a low spot..which never seemd to be where the pre-cut hole was.

The speaker sox look awesome have held up for the past season and I got the racks and mirror cover too.

Steve

jquick    0

i use them and just like everyone else they make thinks easier to clean.

CTMILKMAN    0

Do you guys leave them on all the time, or just when you aren't using the boat? I am looking at adding a pair of tower speakers myself, leaning towards the hollowpoints, and unfortunately haven't owned with a tower til recently

LakeSurfer    10

I only put them on when I am towing or put the boat in storage. I take them off when I am at the lake (even though you dont have to). I like the look of the speaker grills.

CTMILKMAN    0

That was kinda what I was thinking, but just wanted to make sure, it was hard enough convincing the wife to get 1 pair, never mind a replacement pair!!

I have the screamin sacs on mine, they fit very well, but don't conform quite like the sox. The only issue I think I have had so far is that the speaker vibrates the fabric when it "hits" and so I take the covers off when I am at the lake so I don't have to hear the vibrations.

smitty    0

We have the Speaker Sox, they work well as said above but ours fadded really quickly now they are almost grey.

Roy    0

Screamin sacs have worked well for me, have spkr,board racks and mirror cover. Great for keeping the bugs from mashing into everything. They clean up very easy.

WakeDoc    471

another for Speaker Sox, use them for towing, storage and put them on if the weather turns bad.

Jackfly    0

Speaker sox on mine and they stay on good and look okay. Funny thing is I didn't take them off when I was buying the boat and didn't notice I'm missing a grill. They will have to stay on until I find a replacement. (DOH!)

WakeDoc    471
Speaker sox on mine and they stay on good and look okay. Funny thing is I didn't take them off when I was buying the boat and didn't notice I'm missing a grill. They will have to stay on until I find a replacement. (DOH!)

Depending on what type of speakers, I have been able to find replacements on Ebay in the past.

Foiler    1

I have the speakersox on my Bullet hollowpoint 770's. They are great and sound good even if you leave them on. They were pretty cheap on ebay.

Smokytrail    0

Thanks for the input guys!

I went for the Speakersox and the owner gave me a great military discount!!!

I can't wait to get them on the boat!

enzo101mo    98

I also have speaker sox and got them on ebay with fast shipping them to me. I to just put them on went trailering and storing. At the lake they come off because I like the looks of my speakers. Like everyone saying they do work very well when they are on also. They are made to fit your brand of speakers too for a great fit.