Kb11    0

I wan to put carpet in the boat and was curious if anyone on here had done so? What it cost, and what was the best type to use thanks

WakeDoc    471

Do you currently have snap out carpet?

Kb11    0

Yes, Not a big fan at all... Some love it and i see the bennifit but i just dont like it that much...

WakeDoc    471

No a big fan of the carpet itself but, like the ability to pull it out and clean, until the accident I had planned to take the carpet to a local shop and have some heavier pile sewn onto the top of it.

elc    2

Not a huge fan of carpet in boats either. I have two buddies that I ride with that have carpet in their entire boats and since they use them a lot, they constantly have to clean the carpet. If they don't, the carpet starts smelling like mildew, quick. I wish my storage lockers did not have carpet in them. We always have weight in the locker and there is always water from the jackets ropes sacs etc. that get on the carpet - often they start smelling. If you don't use your boat for water sports carpet may be a little easier to maintain.

Bigshow    0

If I could I'd remove all the carpet from my boat. My first centurion had a diamond hatch nonskid floor under the carpet. I'd rather had rhino liner under the seats, back lockers and so on. Putting carpet in boats just doesn’t make any sense to me.

h20king    794

guess im odd man out here but I like carpet in a boat it gives it a more finished look in my opinion.I installed the carpet in my last boat with a true marine grade 40oz carpet I forget the brand also I have found by removing wet gear and letting it dry on the swim deck jackets on the trailer guides and cushions and lockers open that the boat dries and never smells post-777-1268193867_thumb.jpg

Kb11    0

H2OKing ... what did you find to be the best way to install it ?

Joe B    17

This was discussed in the mods section last year too.

My suggestion was to see if you like the back non-skid deck on Yamaha Jet Boats as the vendor makes carpet replacement kits or you can buy rolls and do it yourself. It's like 1/4" HD foam pad this is very nice on your feet. The company will send you a piece of material for free.

Here's the website: http://hydroturf.com/index.php

I liked it alot. You thought our carpet was bad, Yamaha has Berber carpet as stock. Carpet is crazy thick and holds a ton of water.

h20king    794

I had the boat torn down to just the hull than built the boat the way I thought it should have been built to begin with after I glassed in the floors and coated them with gell I scuffed the gell and glued the carpet making a seam at the gunwales which was invisible because the carpet was so thick super comfy its hard to tell but the boat in the picture started life as an 84 trutrak

duramat    462
Carpet is crazy thick and holds a ton of water.

Just more ballast!

I really like my snap carpet, Ive never had a problem with it. It would be nice to get a newer one though. Is the trick to Pressure Wash it to rough it back up again looking new?

Carter13    69

I sure like carpet and the snap out is awesome.

Troy    234
I sure like carpet and the snap out is awesome.

x2

elc    2
I really like my snap carpet, Ive never had a problem with it. It would be nice to get a newer one though. Is the trick to Pressure Wash it to rough it back up again looking new?

I pressure washed mine a couple times a season. I usually sprayed some carpet cleaner on there first and let it soak for a bit, then pressure washed it. This cleaned it pretty well.

ladderrat    0

quick solution for the carpet odor..... i keep the tide containers when the wife is done, still has a bit of soap left in it..... fill it halfway with hot water... pour it on the carpet, rinse, done...... no odor either..... do it bout twice a year.