Tucker

Centurion will be closeing their doors

MANDC    0

WOW. now you are taking bets on a company going out of business.

I sure hope you are wrong.

If you feel that strongly, maybe you should sell your boat while it still has some value?

desotodave    0
WOW. now you are taking bets on a company going out of business.

I sure hope you are wrong.

If you feel that strongly, maybe you should sell your boat while it still has some value?

Read my rationale over on the Crew forum.

elc    2
When you consider Dealer of the Year means they sold the most boats, does not make it just a local issue. I think that losing their OLDEST and highest volume dealer should make everyone sit back and ask why. And no, the dealer is not struggling financially.

You are beating a dead horse.

When you have experience restructuring a multi-million dollar business, come back and talk. Until then, I hear your pain from a consumer perspective... You lost a great dealer, I am sorry to hear that.

WakeDoc    471
Let's take a look at Centurion 3 years from now. My money is they will either no longer be in business, or be owned by someone different. Mark this on your calendar, I will reply in e years.

Funny thing is Dave, you are more upset about the breakup of M&M and Centurion than the fact that your boat is worth half of what is was 2 years ago. I don't know about you but the recession has killed the value of my boat.

desotodave    0
Funny thing is Dave, you are more upset about the breakup of M&M and Centurion than the fact that your boat is worth half of what is was 2 years ago. I don't know about you but the recession has killed the value of my boat.

Is still love my boat, and it is just over 1 year old right now as I bought in fall of 08 so I have no plans on selling my boat any time in the near future. Boats are depreciating assets and I treat them as such. But, what I don't want is to own a boat with no dealer support, or a factory to back it up. I wish Centurion would either post some info on what is going on, what they are thinking etc..

Troy    234

I normally don't get into arguments like this.

But Dave, you just said you are not selling your boat anytime soon and you also said that M&M will still do Centurion warranty work. So what is the problem. So what if M&M doesn't sell Centurions anymore. Maybe by the time you are ready for a new boat M&M and Centurion will make up and start selling Centurions again. Would I be upset if my dealer stopped selling Centurions? YES but as long as they will still do Warranty work I will be happy, it will be a long time before I am ready for a new boat again. My .02.

rammer998    0
I contacted Les Clark at the Fineline East plant via email tonight and he gave me a call at home. He confirmed that they have switched to PCM for sure. They have been using them on all 2010 models. The East plant had been offering them for about 5 years as an option. He said the KK would not offer them to the dealers out West. He also told me that they are much quieter than the Mercs, have a digital throttle system, have a smoother shifting transmission and are able to operate the Pro-Vision Dash with a engine based Cruise Control system standard. Mercury refused to make their engines intergrade with the Pro-Vision Dash system. One other difference is that PCM is able to continue to offer the less expensive Non-Cat engines until January 1 2011 everywhere but in the state of California, but MerCruiser because of the size of the company had to switch to CAT engines on January 1 of 2010.

He also said they have had a long term relationship with Acme Propellors and are still using them on every boat they built. He has no idea where that rumor came from.

There production is up from last year, they have orders on their production board all the way out to the end of May as of right now and the boat show season is just starting. The Merced plant just opened back up and they have orders all the way out to May as well. Things are looking good right now.

Seems to me he was really excited to talk to me and wanted me to know the facts as they are at this time.

:horse:

Stupid question, what is PCM?? I'm assuming thats an engine. Does anyone have one of these in there boats and what do you think of them?

My Merc purrs like a kitten. I haven't any troubles with it except for a sensor just after I bought it (warranty).

Up here in BC, I dont here of any news what is going on in the Centurion world. Im sure glad I found this site to keep me informed on news and other happenings :thumbsup: .

David    0

Don’t have a lot of experience with PCM motors but I do know this.

No more cheap fuel filters. The PCM will take a Fuel control Cell that is about three times the price as a standard merc filter.

I remember helping a buddy change one and he was complaining about the price.

Edited by David

rizza32    0

My last Moomba had a PCM. ITs a good engine and I didn;t have any problems with it. Mastercraft also uses PCM.

h20king    794

pcm has been around forever i had one in my 84 centurion.nautique has used them forever MB also.in my opinion it's great to see centurion and PCM back together

Spud    7

Thank you for changing the subject.... :thumbsup: