Tucker

Centurion will be closeing their doors

Tucker    0

I just found out that centurion has lost their biggest dealer in Canada and M&m Watersports/ Board Co will no longer be a Centurion Dealer. I also heard that centurion has no more Dealers in Cali! WTH is going on? M&m was their longest running dealer, and made surfing for them. This cant be good!

Edited by Tucker

elc    2

There is a dealer within 10 miles of my house in Southern California - I was there over the holidays. As far as I know there are multiple centurion dealers in California. If you are going to post something like this on WW and here back it up with a reliable source.

LakeSurfer    10
If you are going to post something like this on WW and here back it up with a reliable source.

Could not agree more. Especially since this is the first time you have ever posted on either site.

Tucker    0

Do they have any 2010 boats? My sources are very good. Do I want it to be true, no. I love my centurion and have been skiing behing them since 1991. It is true about M&M call them and ask them.

elc    2
Do they have any 2010 boats?

Yep

It is true about M&M call them and ask them.

Not referring to this

h20king    794

maybee m and m lost centurion not the other way around 2008 and 2009 were very toughf for dealers.

MANDC    0

If you must start a rumor that you cant back up, at least learn to spell CLOSING correctly.

What are your sources?

WakeDoc    471

Tucker,

Funny Centurion had this to say in a press release on january the 1st:

gallery_13_111_3398.jpg

VIDEO

Fineline Industries will begin the new year by calling back its work force to build a growing order backlog for its Centurion boats.The companyʼs global distribution reports increasing retail activity and a reduction in retail inventories resulting in a stream of new 2010 orders.Throughout 2009 Centurion also invested in new products and entered new channels further strengthening order volumes.

“Itʼs with great relief and excitement that we are able to return to more normal production rates after the challenges of 2009.We anticipate bringing back our trained work force and look forward to doing some hiring to support our newly growing demand,” announced Centurion President Rick Lee.

Centurionʼs new Commercial Flight Division targets commercial watersports operators. Its new Flight 33 is has been well received by the commercial parasailing industry and sets new standards for performance, client comfort and mechanical efficiencies. Centurion developed the new line of industrial strength boats from a clean sheet and took them on the road so commercial accounts could directly experience the new technology.The company now has several orders for the Flight 33 from operators in the US and abroad.

Advancing new products, innovative features and technologies to its main product collection captured the attention of many new dealers who recently joined the Centurion fold.Further, the company has invested heavily in cutting edge consumer development web based technology. Centurion management believes that its combination of world class products, new technologies and commitment to its dealer network position the company for growth and continued order backlogs well into 2010.

Does not sound like they are closing the doors, sounds more like they are opening them wider, do a little research next time.

If you are so sure of yourself what is your source that "Centurion will be closeing their doors" give us the details?

First post on the site, starting rumors. what a F_N TOOL!!!

Tucker    0

I guess I should have said is Centurion closing, and again sorry for the hurt feelings!

MANDC    0

I dont think anyones feelings are hurt.

We are just asking for your source on this information. There are lots of people who are directly and indirectly affected by Centurion being in business. Before you go around spreading rumors just make sure you know what you are talking about.

Edited by MANDC

David    0

I hope centurion is around for a long time to come, I love my little elite V. I have notice a few things that seem odd. Like wakeboard magazines recent boat buying guide did not include a single ski centurion boat. I also noticed a lack of ski centurion adds in the entire magazine. I hope that means they are going after the surf market.

Tucker    0

I heard this info and found this site and I thought it would be the best place to get answers. I will not give any names due to the fact that I dont want to cause anymore problems. I have had a centurion since 93 and love there boats, I couldn't beleive what I was hearing.

WakeDoc    471
I guess I should have said is Centurion closing, and again sorry for the hurt feelings!

Feelings hurt...nope, just pissed off that people like you go off half cocked spreading rumors without verifying the facts first with no regard to the outcome. I am sure you would be OK if you were a business owner and I did the same thing to you, your business, your family, your employees and your customers, Right? Your original post is absolutely IRRESPONSIBLE!

I heard this info and found this site and I thought it would be the best place to get answers. I will not give any names due to the fact that I dont want to cause anymore problems. I have had a centurion since 93 and love there boats, I couldn't beleive what I was hearing.

Then why would you post it?

Tucker    0

Ken W. again I am sorry that my one post pissed you off so much. I went about getting answers the wrong way I guess and got in a hurry. Thanks for the warm welcome to the site. I did not mean to start any rumors. I hope your business has no lasting problems due to me.

WakeDoc    471
Ken W. again I am sorry that my one post pissed you off so much. I went about getting answers the wrong way I guess and got in a hurry. Thanks for the warm welcome to the site. I did not mean to start any rumors. I hope your business has no lasting problems due to me.

Sorry Chad George/Tucker I forgot to welcome you to the community kind of got side tracked when your very first post was "Centurion will be closing their doors"

I have seen a friend take a HUGE hit on his boating industry business because of a half cocked 15 year old spreading rumors on the internet with no regard for the effects his actions may cause, so I don't take it lightly.

Coming back to apologize and clear the air shows that you are trying to set things straight, so I am willing to chalk it up to starting off on the wrong foot and sincerely welcome you to the site. See you around, I have no hard feelings, hope you feel the same... :thumbsup:

Tucker,

I just noticed you started this false rumor on WakeWorld as well. And it looks like you got slapped down on there as well. Again it was your first post on that site.

I am also amazed that you seem to know a lot about Ken and his business for a first time poster. Looks like to me you are either some regular using a new name or someone asked you to steer up something.

I know nothing about M&M, but I am sure if they are no longer a dealer there must be a good reason for it. Companies do not make decisions on a dealer based on whims, they usually do it for sound reasons. We had a large marine dealership over here at Lake Gaston a few years ago and at first they told people they had been dropped by their Manufacturers, but then the truth came out and they had been selling boats to consumers and had not been paying the bank off for the loans on the boats. And the bank came in and shut them down and took all of the inventory from them. Now again I know nothing about M&M but I just wanted to show you a example of how a story can get twisted around sometimes when someone needs to try to cover up some other reason.

The good thing is you have your boat and you seem to like it from what you have said. So go and have fun when the warm weather comes back.

Bigcatpt    408

Tucker,

M&M watersports is just up the road from me. I hope this is a bad rumor. Are you located in the Utah area? I will give them a call tomorrow and check it out but will feel like an tush if they laugh and tell me that I'm the 12 caller to ask that today and deny the rumor....