elc

Lets see your tow rig!

WakeDoc    471
08 4x4 We definitely have some hills around here, I do the same thing with hills but hate going 65 it feels like your going no where with 6 people both full of fuel I'm getting like 8 mpg but I guess I really cant bit*ch when I drive 75-80 to the water.

LMAO...I am the same way every weekend I am like a kid on Christmas morning, got to hurry up and get to the lake, then it is a leisurely cruise home at the end of the day, probably use twice as much gas getting there as we do on the way home.

1fasdzl    0

03,F250, 4x4, 6.0 Powerstroke Diesel, 20x10 KMC Rockstars on 33" Nittos, 4" exhaust, Big turbo, injectors and a tune. Let's just say that going uphill in 105* heat with the A/C crankin, 6 peeps in the car, a bed full of weekend gear and a 23 footer in tow, passing a car in the slow lane going 75 is no problem! :thumbsup:

post-290-1250742532_thumb.jpg

post-290-1250742613_thumb.jpg

you can kind of see my truck. its right infront of my fifth wheel!

thats 73 feet [[8 feet over legal ca limit]]!!!

post-773-1250874052_thumb.jpg

Roy    0
post-433-1250985579_thumb.jpg 07 suburban 2500 LT,08 ENZO 230

Very Nice sorry but got to give props to my fords boys out there lol heres my 01' F-250 6.8 V10. Packin about 14.5 MPGs all the time so not to bad. A couple mods- AEM Brute Force intake, 22" mazzi Hulk wheels on 32 inch tires, Indash touch Kenwood 5140. Gets the jobs done :thumbsup:DSCN2001.jpgFILE0178.jpg

poosie    7

just picked up an 09 F-150 pulls the boat much easier and rides better than the 04.

post-395-1251236071_thumb.jpg

nickw    0

'07 Toyota Tundra Limited

Pulls like butter, couldn't be better.

post-444-1251243902_thumb.jpg

islander033    2

08 Dodge 1500 4x4. I just did an 8 hour round trip haul and I averaged $25.00/hr CDN.....beat that...lol

post-115-1251254920_thumb.jpg

Troy    234

Here is our tow rig. 02 Ford F150 Harley Davidson Edition. Supercharged 5.4L. about HP/465tq at the wheels (had the tune adjusted since the last dyno run) She only comes out the garage when the sun is shining. I hope I don't have any ramp problems. All of our ramps are very steep, and with the truck being just 2wd I hope I have enough traction.

100_5915.jpg

100_5914.jpg

elc    2
I hope I don't have any ramp problems. All of our ramps are very steep, and with the truck being just 2wd I hope I have enough traction.

Nice truck. You will not have trouble on the ramps. I (actually my wife) use to pull our boat out with an 05 2wd 4.7l Tundra. Our ramp is VERY steep and slippery; we would pull our boat out no problem.

Troy    234

elc,

Thanks for the post and the compliment! That makes me feel a lot better about the ramp!!! I defiantly didn't want to have to get rid of my truck.

h20king    794

here is ours 08 gmc siera crew four wheel drive post-777-1263832208_thumb.jpg

WakeDoc    471
here is ours 08 gmc siera crew four wheel drive 001.jpg

Great looking truck... :thumbdown:

How is yours on towing, a friend has one he pulls a trailer with a 4X4 on it that weighs about the same as your boat and he was not as happy as he thought he was going to be?

h20king    794

tows great dont even know the boat is back there but i have the trans cooler,3:73 in the rear end plus a power programer and high flow air filter

WakeDoc    471
tows great dont even know the boat is back there but i have the trans cooler,3:73 in the rear end plus a power programer and high flow air filter

I am guessing it is the programmer, which I figured was most likely the difference. Did you by chance tow before and after the programer, if so how big of a difference did it make?

h20king    794

we only live four miles from the ramp so all towing before the programer were short trips so hard to tell. he should still have plenty of power though without the programer they are rated at 330 hp maybee he has a different rear gear ratio as a couple were offered

WakeDoc    471

Cool thanks for the tips I will pass them on.