Wakeballast

need feedback from all centurion owner. seat booster

Wakeballast    12

hi guys,

I'm making a a plate to raise my driver seat about 4 inches on my RI257, to give a better view while driving (wakesurfing mode) and wanted to know if there is an interest from other boat owners. I could make a production run.

I had one in my Axis and my wife love it.

thx

bellow is an example but not final product.

seat.jpg

• Like 1

Troy    234

Mine has a round base. ?

chenige    84

On my old 2000 elite I had the guy redo the cushion with 5" foam. Not enough. Made up a 2x4 platform I put between the seat and cushion. Not enough again. 

So I am going to make up a 5" plywood riser  and cover it this winter. 

daz28iroc    73

Maybe a picture of the finished product for better understanding of what ur making?

Jake707    171

I made a wood insert as well that fits between the bottom of the seat and the seat cushion then wrapped it in a matching vinyl.  overall lift was about 6"s  ( haha I got a chuckle out of typing that).  This def looks like a better overall design but what fits your 257 more than likely wont come close to fitting my 2000 Elite.

I like the idea.  Does your plate mount with existing mounting holes and hardware or is there drilling involved?  What is a ball park cost without shipping?

Chexi    35

Can't seem to find it on their website now, but christinesmarine.com used to sell a cushion they called "Buttz Up" that goes on top of the seat.  Works really well, and it just so happens to perfectly match the height, width and depth of empty space right behind the driver seat of my SV233.  Why Centurion did not upholster more of that or put gatorstep on that or use that space better is somewhat beyond me. 

chenige    84

I would be interested depending on dimensions and price. I would like it better if the bottom flanges went toward the middle though. I would wrap it with my white seat vinyl on 3 sides 

Edited by chenige