Wakeballast

RI257 first day review

Wakeballast    12

1st day review of the Centurion RI257
 This is truly an amazing boat overall. The interior is very well thought after. I was very impressed with all details. The  limo lights and the tower lightning is the best I have seen!
The dash technology was intimidating at first. However, once you start using it, it was very easy to understand. The cockpit visibility was great. It is such a great looking boat with comfortable seating. We loved the compartments for the coolers, for easy access to all.

In regards to navigation, the boat was very easy to navigate. It was  very smooth and stable. Our lake tends to be windy at times, but the RI257 remained smooth and easy to navigate through the choppy waters. The PCM 450 has plenty of power even with heavy load.  The transmission is well geared. The boat has fast acceleration. I loved the quick launch feature. This makes the boat on plane very fast, and  the  surf wave came instantly.
In regards to the wave, I was in heaven. The surf wave was the longest I’ve ever been on. The wave was firm which  allowed the riders to do  tricks  much easier.
Pros:
-quality surf wave
-adjustment to the wave
-power and transmission
-stereo and light setup
-very stable boat in choppy water
-Ram fill
-Cats system
-limo light
-great storage

Cons:
-the accelerator handle is to close too the right side panel. This did not allow me to have my handle fully around it. I believe that it would need to be pushed out a little more,  or create an indentation on the panel.
-bimini top need to be longer for such a big boat
-stereo volume should be on the dash or easier access than under the accelerator

Overall amazing boat a must try.

19430115_10211547134369026_126703687374834239_n.jpg

image1 2.JPG

Edited by Wakeballast
miss spell
  • Like 2

257Tsunami    50

Great review. Great looking boat.

In regards to your Cons list....... there is actually a larger Bimini available. It is made by Sewlong and is called the FCTv3. It is massive. @Bawshogg and @Darkside (along with others on here) have it. I've heard nothing but good things. I know there are a few different ways to go about getting one. Not sure which way is the least expensive.

Here is the link... http://sewlong.com/page/centurion

• Like 2

InfinitySurf    302

Incredible looking wave, awesome boat.

• Like 1

CO Surfer    289
6 hours ago, 257Tsunami said:

Great review. Great looking boat.

In regards to your Cons list....... there is actually a larger Bimini available. It is made by Sewlong and is called the FCTv3. It is massive. @Bawshogg and @Darkside (along with others on here) have it. I've heard nothing but good things. I know there are a few different ways to go about getting one. Not sure which way is the least expensive.

Here is the link... http://sewlong.com/page/centurion

Wow!  They have doubled their price since last summer!  Supply and demand I guess.

• Like 1

Wakeballast    12
2 hours ago, gravity12 said:

What are you running for weight?

full ram full pnp play plus 1000lbs wakeballast bags

stoked    1,039
10 hours ago, carguy79ta said:

I have the big bikini.  it is the width of the boat and about 8 to 9 ft long

That's one big woman

Edited by stoked
  • Like 1

stoked    1,039

Is their any interference with the surf rope and the back of the sewlong? Any rubbing?

It's definitely a steep price, I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat at 2K, but 3500 is crazy for some tubing and fabric. I could fab my own for that amount or could learn to really love my stock bimini... 

• Like 1

Bawshogg    77

I think the tubing and fabric are a small part of the cost. The machining process for the brackets and mechanisms is most likely where most of the expenses lie. Its super slick. By far the EASIEST bimini to deploy and stow I have ever owned because of those brackets. Its just a REAL quality product and I can see why they charge a grip for one after owning it.

Truth be told....I didn't want it. My ginger wife pitched a fit about the half bimini and we ended up with the Sewlong ...she was right. Glad we have it now.

CO Surfer    289

No issues with the rope.  It tapers down slightly after the tow point.  There is nothing to catch the rope.  I haven't seen any damage caused from the rope rubbing and I'm now at 135 hours or so with it.   Can't believe the price increase...