Sign in to follow this  
Shaka

Chaos Bamboo Series Ringer

Shaka    146

Anyone have any experience with this board? I'm trying to find a big guy board that's faster than my LS Red Rocket.

Dandy    43

I do not have experience with that particular board, but I have worked with Nick (Chaos) before. I had contacted him, explained what I was looking for, height, weight etc and he made a suggestion - even offered up a blemish board at a discount since he had one available...didn't even have to ask. He was spot on. He knows what he is talking about - used to and maybe still does Ocean Surf.

I have been so pleased with my board and his service that I have recently put a deposit down on a custom board, since he didn't have a blem available. We are having a Spooner build...big cruiser. Since it is something that the kids will be goofing with, he suggested putting some additional glass on it for durability.

Just reach out to him @ info@shredstixxusa.com

SoulCraft gets a lot of rave review and they should! I have had the opportunity to ride quite a few of their boards and Jeff and his team put together great stuff. I think that Chaos just doesn't do as much marketing/have as many riders and is often overlooked. I decided to try Chaos because I have seen Nick on alof of the forums providing suggestions and support, even helping a few guys along building their own boards. I wanted to support him since he provides so much free support and I am glad I did.

So, long story short, I would contact Nick at Chaos and if you are not comfortable there, reach out to SoulCraft, I have no doubt that either of these companies can build something for you that you will be happy with.

Good Luck

Cdifranco    463

What defines a big guy board for you? Whats your weight, height etc. What size board are you looking for? You looking for a board to just cruise or shred? I think it all depends on what you're looking for. Chaos boards are not my cup of tea but they may be yours, a little more information could help us point you in the right direction. Like Dandy said, hit the phones and make some calls also.

Cdifranco    463

double post?

Edited by Cdifranco

Shaka    146

What defines a big guy board for you? Whats your weight, height etc. What size board are you looking for? You looking for a board to just cruise or shred? I think it all depends on what you're looking for. Chaos boards are not my cup of tea but they may be yours, a little more information could help us point you in the right direction. Like Dandy said, hit the phones and make some calls also.

I don't want a plodding cruiser. I want something with speed that can perform a bit. My weight fluctuates between 280-320. I'm hoping to fix that over the course of the summer but I'm sick of having to work so hard to stay in the wave.

Cwazy1    89

I'd recommend that you go with a custom shape catered to what you want out of the board. Many of the 'big guy' boards are meant to chill on and ride like a longboard.

If you want something more performant, I'd recommend that whoever builds your board do so in that manner. Meaning you probably want a shorter, but thicker and wider board to support the weight, but also want performant aspects like a flat tail, or even fang tail and good concave bottom in order to channel water for better speed. Then you want to pair that with some fins that will give you better edge to edge performance, any of the futures v2 foil fins will reduce the feel of a wider board by making it edgier and also faster to gain speed by generating lift.

RhuntIII    555

DrNate has the fastest big boy board known to man. Soulcraft.

Dandy    43

Anyone have any experience with this board? I'm trying to find a big guy board that's faster than my LS Red Rocket.

Shaka, I had to contact Nick @ Chaos regarding the board I am working with him on and passed along your question. I haven't been seeing him posting too much lately, guessing that he is getting busy with board building. Since he was replying to my message, he included a bit of info. Again, I would just suggest reaching out to him via email or a call. He most likely will have some insight for you and I have never felt that he will try to "close a deal", so call him and a few other shapers and see what they have to say and go with what makes you comfortable.

Here is the info:

"The Ringer XLs will be lighter, faster and more nimble than your IS Red Rocket. They are a high performance big boy boards, that will carry riders into the truly big boy class. They can be fitted with premium Chaos Fins, the only fins actually designed for wake surfing. Surf fins are OK, but lack the extra drive that is need behind the boat. Surf fins are designed as generalist or designed for long drawn out turns, something you do not do behind the boat."

h20king    794

Like said above call Nick at chaos or Jeff at soulcraft and go with what you like best. They are the two best board builders period and have more combined experience then all other wakesurf builders put together. Either can shape you a performance board that will work for you.

Shaka    146

Thanks guys. I'll call both of them. I just want something faster than my Red rocket and with a little higher performance.

h20king    794

Soulcraft is always my first and only choice both will work for you though.

stoked    1,039

Soulcraft is always my first and only choice

LOL!! We had no idea!

• Like 5

WakeDoc    471

Putting out another option, checkout the build thread below.

HERE

This is a fast board that can be sized to any rider. I have been riding the original version for years.

Shaka    146

I saw that. Maybe I'll get one of each.