carguy79ta

BOUGHT AN RI 257 !

Darkside    248

I would also suggest skipping factory cover and ordering one from EVOLUTION! Cory already has 257 template, he is also making swim platform cover.

The Evolution covers are top quality, and customer service is amazing.

daddyrabbit    0

Would you be willing to measure the actual length, nose to tip of swim platform? I have a restriction for length in my boathouse.

Thanks in advance,

DR

carguy79ta    67

mine won't be here till june..

does anybody know the height on the trailer with tower UP?. am planning a 12'tall x 16' wide door. want to make sure 12' is tall enough.

Darkside    248

Just over 10' tower up 8' 9" tower folded. 12' door will be fine.

Super excited mine is supposed to arrive at the dealer today! Hoping to take delivery next Wednesday.

• Like 1

carguy79ta    67

thanks Darkside. congrats on your delivery! pics or it didn't happen...

sounds good on the height. my Axis is actually 10.5 feet high. so it is about the same height. sweet!

BoardCo    110

12' door for the Ri257 works fine but it is close. We measured one for a customer who is building a garage for it and the total height to the top of the anchor light is right about 11' 8".

Darkside    248

Carguy79ta, you should make your door 14' high if possible. That way it can be used for RV also. You never know what you or even a future owner will be putting in there 10 years from now.

Thank you boardco for measurement, I passed along what I was given from factory...

Fivebar2    176

Just checked into my flight to go watch my baby come out of the mold. So pumped!!

• Like 2

carguy79ta    67

BoardCo..thank you for the measurement. it seems like all the factories of all brands struggle with the tower height on trailer measurement. aaahhh the customer will figure it out...I will talk to my wife about the motor home idea. personally I don't like them. however my wife's family had them for years. I figure I can surf till I am 70. if I keep in shape.

Darkside    248

Fivebar have a great trip! It is an awesome experience. I was fairly impressed, they are in a constant state of change as demand is accelerating faster than expected.

wheels    151

I heard it's 3 months now to get a 257 from order. Sounds like they are getting busy.

Darkside    248

I heard it's 3 months now to get a 257 from order. Sounds like they are getting busy.

I have heard same thing, only a couple 2017 build slots left

carguy79ta    67

I have been finalizing my order with my dealer. will be submitted by noon tmro to Centurion. if all the build slots are taken what does that mean? I get an 18? I am thinking there is at least 1 slot left for mine, since my dealer has been going back and forth with Jason with questions.

Bawshogg    77

You would be correct. Glad I got my order in when I did!

cripper    8

Just bought an Ri257 today...will finalize next week sometime. I've read other than a bit of lead in rear there is not much you need to do to this boat? Can anyone think of anything else I may want to do? I feel like on my Malibu 247 I spent months tweaking it adding and removing things!

On another note, does anyone know the models on amps, speakers and sub? I'm not familiar with Focal or Roswell. I had the JL W6 Sub and Wetsounds in-boats in last boat....will this new set up on Ri257 leave something to be desired?

Cant wait to actually get it on water!

post-7033-0-98551900-1487888358_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

carguy79ta    67

congrats Cripper!! is that your boat? awesome! looks like it is half a city block long!

I have to wonder...is it only malibu owners that are flocking to Centurion?

• Like 1

Darkside    248

I have to wonder...is it only malibu owners that are flocking to Centurion?

No there are some former Axis owners too....lol

cripper    8

Thanks guys! I'm stoked to go get it and start tinkering around!

Darkside- you already have yours don't you? If so, I am thinking I may do away with rear transom pnp bag and do as you guys suggested and just put around 500 lbs of lead back there. My question is does boat come with fill line plugs for the fill line back there? I don't recall see anything in gear bag they had..... I have 5 kids 10 and under and it scares me they may accidentally hit a fill button when I'm not looking! If it doesn't have them where can I get them?

Thanks!