enzo101mo

Centurion's Line for 2017

enzo101mo    98

I just got off on Centurionboats.com notthings has changed, but still only three boat Ri217 Ri237, & Carb Pro Maybe Nautique is cutting back on the Centurion line and took ideas from Centurion and putting them into their boats. I hope they don't fade out Centurion in the years to come

Edited by enzo101mo

wheels    151

my dealer has already built and ordered ri257 and fi. So they are definitely coming.

• Like 1

enzo101mo    98

my dealer has already built and ordered ri257 and fi. So they are definitely coming.

Good to hear

Cdifranco    463

Allegedly... You know the rules. Pics or it didn't happen

• Like 1

Ha

wheels    151

Ordered, not take delivery of. No pics. I do know that the fi will not be a traditional v bow design

Cdifranco    463

Ordered, not take delivery of. No pics. I do know that the fi will not be a traditional v bow design

Pics of build sheet.

Donterry    7

It's a weight and displacement thing. I surf port and run port ram/pnp full, starboard ram 80 pnp 40, full bow weight and 400 lbs lead with 5 to 6 crew. QS @ 50/55 and center between 50-60. Cats 20-30. RPM range 4000-4200. That is a lot of weight and counter forces to push the Ri to 12/12.6

I agree with you to a point but I think it has more to do with the inefficiency because of the steep shaft angle and the too small prop diameter.

In our RI237 we typically surf with three people in the boat and one surfing. We don't fill the bow PNP which I believe weighs around 750 lbs and we run the non-surf side ram at 90% and everything else is full. And our surf RPM's are around 4200.

When we ride in our friends G23, that has the same engine but better shaft angle and the prop diameter is correct for the transmission ratio, we fill all the tanks completely and have 9 people in the boat when 1 is surfing. The G23 surfs at about 3300-3400 RPM's.

When you look at the backed off ballast weight on the RI compared to the full ballast and more passengers in the G23 the total weight is about the same if not heavier on the G23 but the RPM's are much lower.

CO Surfer    289

That's unfortunate. I was hoping the Fi would be some form of a V nose design.

Bongo Fury    640

That's unfortunate. I was hoping the Fi would be some form of a V nose design.

X2

DarksideR    1,679

Don't know why y'all hate on the hammerhead bow. I love it. Interested to see the new design

What's going to make me laugh is the price tag

• Like 2

Cdifranco    463

What's going to make me laugh is the price tag

Already know I can't afford it :thumbdown::unworthy:

Jake707    171

Already know I can't afford it :thumbdown::unworthy:

Yup! only benefit for me would be seeing which model I will buy in 20 years

• Like 1

Yup! only benefit for me would be seeing which model I will buy in 20 years

Truth. Perhaps that ri257 would be big enough to live on? Sell my house and get a "house boat" tiny houses are all the rage

Edited by Tommywalton1974

Copenglenn    44

Truth. Perhaps that ri257 would be big enough to live on? Sell my house and get a "house boat" tiny houses are all the rage

If that's the case, then I too shall jump on the minimalist bandwagon and get an Ri "house boat" :laughing:

CO Surfer    289

Don't know why y'all hate on the hammerhead bow. I love it. Interested to see the new design

I can't say that I hate it. I just like the traditional V nose more. I will say that I like other "pickle fork" designs more than the Centurion hammerhead. I'm fine with the Ri modified V nose. I do like the SV bow design best. Even the SV isn't a straight V nose (pretty darn close though).

bprobertson    8

I actually like the hammerhead design and functionality, but my biggest complaint is that I take at least one roller into the bow every time out. We are super cautious when we turn etc and it still happens. We never submarined our old avy or SV 240. Part of me thinks that is the biggest reason they redesigned, as it is expensive to roll out a top cap for only 3 seasons... IMHO

Darkside    248

Sorry, DarkSideR...my brother from another mother...

I joined here a while back and was lurking in the shadows, I was contemplating an ENZO at the time. But as Baws noted I stayed with BU. It's that time again and 95% positive next one will NOT be BU.

I surf 95% of the time and I am Goofy, so having the ability to switch sides quickly has always been high priority. I am demoing 237 in a couple weeks but also really want more info on the 257. We actually use our bow for passengers on a regular basis. Someone is up there almost every outing, at some point. So the larger bow boats appeal to us.

I have been incredibly happy with my BU wave, but you have to slam the P!$$ out of it to get anywhere. The new RI series seams to be a great fit for us.

I should have done a more appropriate intro...

Hilarious I am DarkSide....

I have a wake surfing addiction....

• Like 1