IROCNParts    108

Does anyone with a newer centurion boat have any breaker issues? My ri237 has a breaker located near the main battery switch that keeps popping.

It's a 50amp and when it pops it kills all the pumps, the lights and control of the cats and trim tab. I can reset it but I have to wait 20 seconds plus.

Last night I was out and it went 4 times. It's annoying as now I have to fill each bag separately so it doesn't overheat and pop.

I'm thinking maybe a short somewhere. Originally I thought it was the pumps causing the pop but mid surf last night it went off even with no pumps on.

Anyways it's quit annoying, just wondering if anyone else has hear of a similar issue.

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

Maybe more of an overload than a short.

Fivebar2    176

That sucks. Haven't had that issue with my 237.

Cdifranco    463

Options boat with 5800lbs of ballast and cant fill them at the same time for fear of blowing breakers. :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

truekaotik    458

I would have it looked at, that is not supposed to pop easily. If your mechanically inclined then check all wiring (which is a PITA) to said equiptment that shuts down when it pops.

IROCNParts    108

I was looking around closely today, there is so much wiring, however I did note the power wire from the breaker seemed to be loose. Tightened it up. Hopefully that's it. I would be ecstatic if it was but I won't be able to test it until tomorrow. Long weekend traffic!

Thanks for the help guys.

IROCNParts    108

I was looking around closely today, there is so much wiring, however I did note the power wire from the breaker seemed to be loose. Tightened it up. Hopefully that's it. I would be ecstatic if it was but I won't be able to test it until tomorrow. Long weekend traffic!

IROCNParts    108

NW Boat Sports    232

Yes, that should be the fix. If you can get a couple of turns on the nuts, that should work. We had one come in last week but the one that was loose was on the back side of the dash. I will let the factory know.

• Like 1

Yes, that should be the fix. If you can get a couple of turns on the nuts, that should work. We had one come in last week but the one that was loose was on the back side of the dash. I will let the factory know.

. I swear when the day comes for a new boat in coming to y'all. I'll bring the big truck/flatbed. Haha. You guys are great with all these new boat issues.
  • Like 2

Lak3surf3r    714

I had that issue with my red button breaker and it was actually the breaker malfunctioning. It wouldnt fully trip and release when it did and you would have to just push and hold the bar in for a second so it would stay.

IROCNParts    108

It's been a couple days and since discovering the loose wire no issues. Good news I guess? Kinda crappy that little things like this are being missed.

• Like 3

DarksideR    1,679

The factory definitely needs to up their quality control game.

Glad to hear that's all it was.

• Like 3

Cdifranco    463

I know a great engineer that could easily handle their marginal quality..

• Like 2

Donterry    7

Does anyone with a newer centurion boat have any breaker issues? My ri237 has a breaker located near the main battery switch that keeps popping.

It's a 50amp and when it pops it kills all the pumps, the lights and control of the cats and trim tab. I can reset it but I have to wait 20 seconds plus.

Last night I was out and it went 4 times. It's annoying as now I have to fill each bag separately so it doesn't overheat and pop.

I'm thinking maybe a short somewhere. Originally I thought it was the pumps causing the pop but mid surf last night it went off even with no pumps on.

Anyways it's quit annoying, just wondering if anyone else has hear of a similar issue.

I hope all of those devices don't pull their power through that fuse and you are just loosing the device that controls them otherwise this is horribly unsafe for a few reasons.

The ballast pumps alone would pull 48 amps (12 amps each x 4 pumps), so running all 4 pumps and anything else on that circuit could overload it. Also if only one pump shorted it would have to draw more than 50 amps to blow its breaker.

I'm crossing my fingers that the breaker is just for a control module that switches power for those devices but I also haven't found the breakers/fuses for the pumps yet.

I read this post the other day. Then I experienced the same problem on Friday evening.

I checked all of the breakers and found the offending device. The terminations on both sides were loose. I reset the breaker and headed in. My son and I tightened those terminals and checked all other terminations Saturday morning. No problems on our Saturday outing.

Thanks for the post.