DarksideR    1,679

Is anyone else's trailer suspension squeaky? Mine is and my last trailer was not. Like non stop, every little bump, it squeaks. Drives me nuts and just doesn't seem right.

Any help is appreciated.

volzalum    280

Not mine, but mine is on leaf springs instead of torsion axles.

DrNate    426

Lube it up?

WakeDoc    471

Turn the stereo up!

• Like 1

Jake707    171

Turn the stereo up!

The perfect problem solver, works every time. My bayliner was on a galvanized trailer and that thing sounded like it was going to fall apart. Would squeal from the driveway all the way to the lake so I would just crank up the stereo in the Tahoe and drown it out. The Elite has a steel leaf spring trailer and doesnt make a peep.

My boatmate is on torsion axles. Not a peep. The brakes on the other hand are sticking starting recently. How can it be squeaking on torsion axles? Nothing flexes other than that bar. I bet it's just one. I'd take a rim off one at a time and find it. Won't hurt to make a round through the yard

Edited by Tommywalton1974
  • Like 1

CO Surfer    289

Pretty sure our trailers are the same Dark. Mine is quiet driving down the road. No suspension noise. I do get a brake squeak on the ramp but that's likely because I only drive it a few hundred yards from the ramp to storage and am never on the brakes hard enough to get them dry.

gravity12    83

My wife always ask if ours is ok. Has a kinda rattle sound.

DarksideR    1,679

It's definitely a suspension squeak, not brakes. I'm sure it didn't do it the first few times I towed it. And my last trailer was an upgraded VM, this is my first boatmate. I hear they dropped boatmate for 2017.

I'll have to take a close look at it soon.

stoked    1,039

I probably have the same trailer as you, and I don't have a squeak. Like the others say, give it a good lube or check with your dealer. I will say my surge brakes scream like a banshee starting and stopping. I took the trailer to my dealer and they said everything was fine. My 07 BM didn't scream or squeal, but I did go through two entire sets of axles...

DarksideR    1,679

My brakes don't make any noise. If only we could put our two trailers together... one would be perfect and the other....

• Like 3

stoked    1,039
My brakes don't make any noise. If only we could put our two trailers together... one would be perfect and the other....

You can send your actuator to Maryland, I'll send you my axles ;-)

• Like 1