Bongo Fury    640

i really think the differences between a sv244 bull, sv230, fs44 and most likely the new 237 will be very close. you could probably make all these boats so close in wave and shape it would not matter.

I couldn't disagree more about that statement. The FS hull & SV hull are a totally different wave and shape. Ri, I have only ridden behind it for a total of 4 minutes and that was with QS, I am looking forward to see what it does listed & from what I have been told it is pretty sweet!

I do not know about LCM. I know Overby Marine has one coming in soon!!!

I think I get what doug is saying.....those of us on this site are the 1%....we are the ones obsessed with these boats and our waves......for most people these waves are all huge and awesome.....to most eyes there is probably not a big difference between these wave making machines. JMTC

Edited by Bongo Fury
  • Like 1

RhuntIII    555

1%ers, sounds gangster... I like it. I also like that new S238

• Like 3

super1990    18

I was at the World finals and I have to say that RI237 made an amazing wave. Great looking boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lak3surf3r    714

I think Nathan is going to disagree with you considering he has an FS44 and is picking up his 237 in a week or two. Watching Worlds the 237 made a ridiculous wave (of course it had a bunch of lead on it though)

I have yet to ride it, but the kid loved it at worlds and landed all her tricks in finals especially some she has a hard time with on our FS44. She said her skim wave was bigger than how I set it for surf and the surf wave was almost too much (but she still won ;) lol). Keep in mind there was a lot of extra weight in it at worlds and they were using a combination of quicksurf and listing it. The wave was super long and was very forgiving and I saw several riders recovering switch tricks from behind the whitewash with ease AND was super clean when it was set properly without wash rolling down the face or cuts in the wave. Now it did vary a lot for other divisions and washed out because of the 5' depth in spots but my kid rode 1st in the morning both days for both surf and skim divisions and had a full tank of gas and a fresh boat for qualifying and final rounds.

Looks can be deceiving in watching what that wake looked like...Riding behind it was a completely different story..... I should get behind one again within the next couple weeks and see what the boat can do listed, vs QS and lead.

I will have mine in the next few weeks and plan on doing the same tests. The RI237 is already mine and has been on order for over a month now so I hope its as good if not better as my FS44 listed and will try to produce the wave jeff page and keenan made unlisted on the yellow RI since those pics looked amazing!

Edited by Lak3surf3r

doug743    53

i have had an 09 sv230, 2012 sv244 and now a 2015 fs44 and loved all 3. i like somethings about the sv244 better than the fs44, but like things about the fs44 over the 244, the sv230 was the easiest boat to set up period. fill the enzo sack and be done with it. but the power plant was low in HP and small fit and finish things are much better now.

IROCNParts    108

Lookin for more info on this topic..... Anyone have any comparisons on ri237 vs fs44. I don't care if the supreme is cheaper/better I want real wave comparisons between the 2 if anyone has any!

Stretch    409

I think Lakesurfer is the only person here that has had both (or told us about it)

h20king    794

Read the thread my RI237 has arrived should tell you all you want to know

• Like 2

Cdifranco    463

I think Lakesurfer is the only person here that has had both (or told us about it)

Should say "that has had every boat centurions made" haha sooo jealous

• Like 1

viking    491

^^ Good one ^^

If I could I would too!! But pocket book and climate just won't allow it :)

He sure keeps us posted on the models doesn't he.

Edited by viking
  • Like 2

DarksideR    1,679

I've had very little time on each boat. The FS44 set up easily just like the other FS series boats. Created great waves on both sides, listed. The Ri237 took more ballast to create a lesser quality wave... at least in the short amount of tuning time I had. I believe it took lakesurfer close to 10 hours to dial in his Ri. I don't know how repeatable the settings are but it feels more finicky than the FS boats. The trim tab is MASSIVE and makes massive changes to the wave with the slightest adjustment.

My personal feeling is that if you want the highest quality boat, with the best options, the most storage, and the newest gadgetry, then the Ri is your boat. If you want the best wave making machine that is only slightly lesser in fit and finish and don't mind listing your boat, I'd stick with the FS.

Again, I've had very little time in both. But a decent amount of time on the FS33, which I still prefer over everything I've surfed.

Good luck Mike. Can't wait to see what you decide on.

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

Should say "that has had every boat centurions made" haha sooo jealous

^^ Good one ^^

If I could I would too!! But pocket book and climate just won't allow it :)

He sure keeps us posted on the models doesn't he.

LOL

I prefer my RI237 over my FS44 for a few reasons. The depth of the seats and freeboard is much bigger and feels more like sitting in a supreme or a G. Dark is right it did take me about 10hrs to get dialed but there were touchscreen ballast defects then, and the boat is touchy but once you get it dialed its pretty much the same settings every time after that. I can make the same size/push wave with QS on my RI as I could listed in my FS44 and its clean with no double lip and is actually longer than my FS wave too. I also think the interior is better fit and finish in the RI along with the software in the 2016 RI vs 2016 FS boats but just a tad smaller in length but with at least triple the storage capacity!

Heres all my videos of both of those boats if you want to compare waves. (all RI vids are QS and FS44 are listed unless stated in the title)

copy and paste all but the quotation marks

"http://vimeo.com/user29540708"

Edited by Lak3surf3r

gator808    84

Watching some of those videos nate has me itching even more to get back out on the water! I wished I lived somewhere I could surf year round!

I have surfed all the supremes, fs22, and fs33. I could only imagine how much better the wave would be on the fs44. I did get a chance to crawl through the ri237 at the boat show last month and I will agree with nate that the fit and finish I feel is better than the fs models. The only downside to me was even with the deeper free board is the storage under the seats was not that great. That would be my only downside to that boat. As far as the wave, I have not surfed it yet. However, from what my friends in the industry have said it really is one of the best if not the best waves on the market. I have heard stories of people getting on top of the lip and dropping into the wave and they feel like they are going head over heals because of how steep it is. I think if it was me I rather use a boat that has a incredible surf wave with a surf system. I always have a lot of friends or family in the boat and not all of them fill comfortable driving a boat much less one listed. I think centurion hit a home run with this boat!

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

Watching some of those videos nate has me itching even more to get back out on the water! I wished I lived somewhere I could surf year round!

I have surfed all the supremes, fs22, and fs33. I could only imagine how much better the wave would be on the fs44. I did get a chance to crawl through the ri237 at the boat show last month and I will agree with nate that the fit and finish I feel is better than the fs models. The only downside to me was even with the deeper free board is the storage under the seats was not that great. That would be my only downside to that boat. As far as the wave, I have not surfed it yet. However, from what my friends in the industry have said it really is one of the best if not the best waves on the market. I have heard stories of people getting on top of the lip and dropping into the wave and they feel like they are going head over heals because of how steep it is. I think if it was me I rather use a boat that has a incredible surf wave with a surf system. I always have a lot of friends or family in the boat and not all of them fill comfortable driving a boat much less one listed. I think centurion hit a home run with this boat!

correct gator, the under seat storage is about the same as the FS33 due to the stock 5100lbs of ballast but the under seat storage is non existent in the 44. Where you also gain storage over the FS models is under the sun deck pads, under the observers seat is quite a bit bigger and the flip up seat behind the helm on the starboard side (that I wasnt a fan of until I got the boat).

cjohnson    33

correct gator, the under seat storage is about the same as the FS33 due to the stock 5100lbs of ballast but the under seat storage is non existent in the 44. Where you also gain storage over the FS models is under the sun deck pads, under the observers seat is quite a bit bigger and the flip up seat behind the helm on the starboard side (that I wasnt a fan of until I got the boat).

It is unreal how much ballast they're adding to boats these days. My old boat didn't even weight 4,000 lbs and the new ones are pushing over 11,000 lbs loaded up. I wonder how much of the recent improvements are a function of increased displacement vs. changes in hull design.

Hippies would never get into this sport with that kind of carbon footprint. haha.

• Like 5

Cdifranco    463

There shall be no replacement for displacement!

Bongo Fury    640

There shall be no replacement for displacement!

X2

DarksideR    1,679

As far as the wave, I have not surfed it yet. However, from what my friends in the industry have said it really is one of the best if not the best waves on the market. I have heard stories of people getting on top of the lip and dropping into the wave and they feel like they are going head over heals because of how steep it is.

You and me both on the surf year round front! Although I have been out twice this winter in a drysuit, it's fairly cumbersome and makes it more difficult to do certain tricks. At least for me it does! The boots alone take away from the experience, but it's still a blast!

This "friends in the industry" talking about how great the wave is, is a bit of a sore spot for me personally. How often when a new model comes out, have we heard these claims of AMAZING results to only be let down by reality?? The Supreme S238 for instance... I believe "FS44 killer" were the words I heard from people with friends in the industry. Here we are almost a year later and still haven't seen anything coming close to that claim. And quite possibly the worst video reveal I have ever seen for a boat! I do have a friend who owns one and has been putting alot of time into dialling it in and I'll say that it is extremely close to matching what the FS44 can do, but by no means is it as good as the claims. The only thing better about it is the price. <just my opinion

All that being said, it is nice to get caught up in the hype of a new model boat. Especially when you are in the market for said boat. I just wouldn't get my hopes up that it'll blow the doors off the top wave makers already out there.

• Like 2

cjohnson    33

All that being said, it is nice to get caught up in the hype of a new model boat. Especially when you are in the market for said boat. I just wouldn't get my hopes up that it'll blow the doors off the top wave makers already out there.

I 100% agree with this. The differences in wakes seem pretty minor between brands, never mind new model of a manufacturer. That said, I was at the boat show yesterday and the Ri237 was the best looking boat there (and reasonably priced). The new Malibu M235 was $220K CDN and quite underwhelming. Everything else seemed pretty much the same as last year. Maybe prices have plateaued......ok probably not.

Stretch    409

I still don't understand how the Canadian boat market is treading water

• Like 1