WakeDirt

Asymmetrical plate anyone?

LKASurfing    53

if you run on the goofy side at all this will be the best mod you could do. One of those threads there was some plans some one posted with the correct angle to have three holes and bolted to your factory plate.

I had don this on my 2012 and worked perfect.

WakeDirt    19

you want to mount it up about an 1/8" so that you don't get spray from the wing. There will be a small gap between the transom and the front edge of the plate. It's where others that mounted flush had spray coming from.

WakeDirt, that A-plate looks awesome! Is that a decal or etched or what??

Ya the guy was able to etch anything you wanted, it was pretty cheap too. I imagine he has raised his price by now ha ha

• Like 1

WakeDirt    19

My boat is right hand drive so my wing goes to the right, I belive he sold nick the one in the photo above and made mine right handed.

• Like 1

Troy. R    198

WakeDirt,

How'd your reg. Wave turn out?

WakeDirt    19

WakeDirt,

How'd your reg. Wave turn out?

Well, sadly I don't have an answer, I installed it later in the season, and between drought and my busiest fire season to date here in cali, it is untested. We went out and didn't get to surf the last trip out. I will update asap!! I do know my goofy wave is amazing ruth the right hand drive right now

• Like 1

BigFoiz    23

Ya the guy was able to etch anything you wanted, it was pretty cheap too. I imagine he has raised his price by now ha ha

I sent the guy a couple emails and never heard back so either he's not in the business anymore or his email changed. I gotta find someone to make me one, I'm sold on the idea

BigFoiz    23

I just text him for you.

Awesome, let me know if he's down! Thanks

BigFoiz    23

Here's a photo of mine, it's under the FAE. I'll see if I can find the thread 4b6bf44b1aee9c4ff95718daaef2e637.jpg

I noticed that yours is mounted to the back of the transom now instead of undermount. My stock plate is undermount but I'd like to mount about 1/2" up and mount on the transom like you did there with a slot in the hinge for the drain plug. Did you make the switch or was your stock plate already mounted like that? I'm curious as to how to mount/screw the hinge into the fiberglass so it stays and doesn't allow water to seep into the fiberglass.

Nick213    583

I haven't seen mine yet but the installer said he did it almost exactly the way you described. Except it's flush with the trandsom, and he cut the stock plate then powder coated it to use as a filler plate.

stoked    1,039

Here's a photo of mine, it's under the FAE. I'll see if I can find the thread

I noticed that yours is mounted to the back of the transom now instead of undermount. My stock plate is undermount but I'd like to mount about 1/2" up and mount on the transom like you did there with a slot in the hinge for the drain plug. Did you make the switch or was your stock plate already mounted like that? I'm curious as to how to mount/screw the hinge into the fiberglass so it stays and doesn't allow water to seep into the fiberglass.

It came stock like that, that's how they do it now. My 07 Avy was under

WakeDirt    19

post-427-0-65999100-1461794713_thumb.jpgpost-427-0-01559100-1461794720_thumb.jpg

BigFoiz, on 27 Apr 2016 - 11:59 AM, said:

My Fixed was also mounted underneath originally, I filled the holes with 4200 and mounted on the transom. I didn't want any "stowed lift" while the tab was set all the way up, so I opted for transom mount.

• Like 1

Nick213    583

Alright guys, what ram are you using and how high up from the plate are you mounting them?

My installer called me and I guess fineline sent me a hydraulic ram.... So I have to order a electric ram and am leaning toward a lenco 101 or 101XD

Troy. R    198

If I remember correctly, mine is a 101. I mounted Ming to the transom as well. I cut the stock plate off at the transom.

• Like 1

Troy. R    198

As for mounting, I adjusted the actuator all the way in, installed it on the plate, installed the hull-side bracket on the actuator, lifted the plate as high as it would go (which is the point that it hits the exhaust flange), set the bracket against the transom, and marked the holes.

• Like 2

Sata3000    15

I bolted an A plate to my fixed plate to make sure I like it before adding an actuator.

post-5926-0-09056900-1462237410_thumb.jpg

DrPringle    10

Any weird spray just bolting it like that ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sata3000    15

Any weird spray just bolting it like that ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't tried it yet.