WakeDirt

Asymmetrical plate anyone?

WakeDirt    19

I was looking to get a asymmetrical plate for my avy, and found a guy on MB Owners that made a plate for his brand new MB. Well I am very happy I stumbled onto this deal! I am excited to get it mountex, he made it and shipped in in a day! I will ask him if he is cool with me posting some contact info on here, super nice guy.

post-427-0-13897600-1438026521_thumb.jpg

Edited by WakeDirt
  • Like 1

BenHolloway    29

hinge and all... looks pretty cool

WakeDirt    19

emilescobar@yahoo.com

Here is his contact

ssgviper    7

I was looking to get a asymmetrical plate for my avy, and found a guy on MB Owners that made a plate for his brand new MB. Well I am very happy I stumbled onto this deal! I am excited to get it mountex, he made it and shipped in in a day! I will ask him if he is cool with me posting some contact info on here, super nice guy.

Hey, does this mount exactly where the manual plate mounts under the transom? I want just a wake plate made, not asymmetrical and I want it to mount exactly where the manual one mounts so I do not have to drill holes in my boat aside from the actuator. Do you have a pics of it mounted?

Thanks!

Copenglenn    44

Do you have a link to his thread over there?

WakeDirt    19

I have his email, but don't have a link. I mounted on the transom. I think mounting to the bottom would look cleaner, but would provide more natural lift. I have read the a plate can defeat some push, do I mounted mine a bit higher so that it won't affect the wave as much while up and stowed.

ssgviper    7

I have his email, but don't have a link. I mounted on the transom. I think mounting to the bottom would look cleaner, but would provide more natural lift. I have read the a plate can defeat some push, do I mounted mine a bit higher so that it won't affect the wave as much while up and stowed.

What did you do under the transom where the old manual plate attached? Did you just leave the holes there, seal them off, or what?

BigFoiz    23

What is the purpose of the asymmetrical plate? I've got a 2012 Enzo SV233 I just picked up and I keep hearing about A-plates, just looking for some more info

stoked    1,039
What is the purpose of the asymmetrical plate? I've got a 2012 Enzo SV233 I just picked up and I keep hearing about A-plates, just looking for some more info

There is a thread somewhere in here started by Troy that is probably everything you need to know. Search on asymmetrical plate

BigFoiz    23

There is a thread somewhere in here started by Troy that is probably everything you need to know. Search on asymmetrical plate

I tried searching asymmetrical plate, didn't get any results but I'll keep searching. Thanks for the info my friend!

stoked    1,039

I tried searching asymmetrical plate, didn't get any results but I'll keep searching. Thanks for the info my friend!

Here's a photo of mine, it's under the FAE. I'll see if I can find the thread

4b6bf44b1aee9c4ff95718daaef2e637.jpg

stoked    1,039

Here you go:

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php/topic/8608-addition-of-asymmetrical-plate/

BigFoiz    23

I ended up finding the thread, was searching in the wrong forum lol. That looks awesome, I'm definitely going to see if I can get one of these made. Is there any reason why you couldn't just have a welding shop weld a wing onto the existing tab instead of fab a whole new one? Seems like that would be a cheaper option...

stoked    1,039

That's what I did without the welding on my old Avy. It had the lip going around so I was able to bolt it on. It really comes down to aesthetics and what you're willing to live with. The one thing to be careful about with the welding is that it becomes difficult to adjust afterward. Some people (including me) had problems with spray on the regular side and that required to bend it up a bit.

DarksideR    1,679

you want to mount it up about an 1/8" so that you don't get spray from the wing. There will be a small gap between the transom and the front edge of the plate. It's where others that mounted flush had spray coming from.

WakeDirt, that A-plate looks awesome! Is that a decal or etched or what??

Edited by DarksideR
  • Like 1

Nick213    583

you want to mount it up about an 1/8" so that you don't get spray from the wing. There will be a small gap between the transom and the front edge of the plate. It's where others that mounted flush had spray coming from.

WakeDirt, that A-plate looks awesome! Is that a decal or etched or what??

Its etched, mine is exactly the same. Probably from the same guy.

post-4481-0-95424500-1460937234_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nick213    583

Lol that is the same pick as wakedirt has, my plate has the notch out for the drain plug....

post-4481-0-83476300-1460937684_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

BigFoiz    23

Its etched, mine is exactly the same. Probably from the same guy.

What did that set you back? I emailed the guy earlier today, we'll see if he responds.