boatnut    230

Yes they do

In both sweat and npt, and plastic

Edited by boatnut
  • Like 1

DrNate    426

Never thought about a ball valve. Interesting thought but not sure how it would work

boatnut    230

It would be a few bucks more for sure, but the more pressing issue would be, can you find a 12v electric actuator strong enough, or maybe even more intriguing possible manual Control, ......

stoked    1,039

It would be a few bucks more for sure, but the more pressing issue would be, can you find a 12v electric actuator strong enough, or maybe even more intriguing possible manual Control, ......

Mine is pretty much manual now. The issue is that if it gets bumpy, it actually opens the gate a bit. Before I know it I'm going 20 mph, listed, and bouncing up and down. It's such a great idea, why couldn't they execute?!?!

• Like 1

chadr    328

I think that they would work great! The three inch ones are pricey but I bet you would alleviate a lot of these warranty issues. I just googled these and they are $850 each.

http://www.valworx.com/product/electric-actuated-lead-free-brass-ball-valve-3-12-24v-acdc/electric-actuated-brass-ball-valves-12v-24v?gclid=CMHO0IX9pcYCFUhgfgodnBACJg

I am putting in 1.25" ones in my ballast build and they tested out great. I have high hopes for them.

Here is my testing video.

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

I think that they would work great! The three inch ones are pricey but I bet you would alleviate a lot of these warranty issues. I just googled these and they are $850 each.

http://www.valworx.com/product/electric-actuated-lead-free-brass-ball-valve-3-12-24v-acdc/electric-actuated-brass-ball-valves-12v-24v?gclid=CMHO0IX9pcYCFUhgfgodnBACJg

Holy monkey, $850 each! Do they have financing?

Edited by stoked
  • Like 2

chadr    328

Holy monkey, $850 each! Do they have financing?

I just think that its funny that Fineline's R&D department don't see this as an issue. How much money do they spend on crap valves where they could install the correct valve on these $100,000 boats? $850 is used up in about two change outs under warranty! Maybe they are trying to keep the dealers in work or something!

• Like 1

enzo101mo    98

post-474-0-09695100-1435074753_thumb.jpg

OK guys did a short investigation on 3" brass Ball valves and Rain bird has them for $350.00 so go online or to your nearest Landscape/irrigation supply store and check it out. I am really shock that Centurion didn't look into a better valve than plastic.

Edited by enzo101m0

chadr    328

post-474-0-09695100-1435074753_thumb.jpg

OK guys did a short investigation on 3" brass Ball valves and Rain bird has them for $350.00 so go online or to your nearest Landscape/irrigation supply store and check it out. I am really shock that Centurion didn't look into a better valve than plastic.

Make sure it is a Ball valve. That may be a solenoid valve and they get full of crap and stop working. Dirty water will clog it up to where it won't close all the way.

enzo101mo    98

post-474-0-59800500-1435076014_thumb.jpg

Yes it's not a ball valve, But reading more it said that it will handle the dirtest water contions

Lak3surf3r    714

My starboard valve broke within 1 hour of ownership. Worked like a champ during the demo, broke during the first session. I'm guessing I have the newer generation, there is a black plastic"O" that connects an actuator to the gate handle to lift it up and push it down and it snapped off. Have you seen this issue in any of the numerous repairs you had to do? I've been waiting for 2 weeks for the replacement parts to come in, right now everything is being held together with black tape... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually had that exact scenario during my demo. The fill gate wouldnt open and we had to manually open it. and I chalked it off to being a "hand built boat flaw" sine it happens but I had no idea what i was actually getting in to. If ball valves are only $850 they would have spent less for those than all 12 of the replacements they have made on mine.

stoked    1,039

I actually had that exact scenario during my demo. The fill gate wouldnt open and we had to manually open it. and I chalked it off to being a "hand built boat flaw" sine it happens but I had no idea what i was actually getting in to. If ball valves are only $850 they would have spent less for those than all 12 of the replacements they have made on mine.

My fear is that it keeps breaking for me, my dealer is 3 hours away on the other side of some of the worst traffic in the country (DC). I can't keep going back and forth like that. I asked if they could just send the replacement directly to me so I can fix it myself. Hopefully they're working on another upgrade that uses ball valves or doesn't snap off so easily...

Lak3surf3r    714

My fear is that it keeps breaking for me, my dealer is 3 hours away on the other side of some of the worst traffic in the country (DC). I can't keep going back and forth like that. I asked if they could just send the replacement directly to me so I can fix it myself. Hopefully they're working on another upgrade that uses ball valves or doesn't snap off so easily...

That sucks, luckily my lakes and dealer are no more than 20 min from me in either direction.

chadr    328

Make sure it isn't a one way valve also. The link says Forward Flow Design. I think I see a flow arrow on the side of it also. Probably would be a good thing to call a plumbers supply to verify!

DarksideR    1,679

What does Calabria use? They've had the "quickfill" tech on their boats for a long time. Do they have failure issues like this?

DarksideR    1,679

Bet Mike Murphy's system would have a lot less issues.

This guys a mad scientist!

• Like 2

Kevin Baugh    78

What does Calabria use? They've had the "quickfill" tech on their boats for a long time. Do they have failure issues like this?

they use the same valves so... I guess it depends I have had 0 failures on my quickfill

demo9asx    23

Correct me if im wrong but I think Calabria is a gravity based quick fill system like the MBs. Valves are located in the transom and ballast will fill up when you stop. Way less stress on the valve vs. ramfill

DarksideR    1,679

Correct me if im wrong but I think Calabria is a gravity based quick fill system like the MBs. Valves are located in the transom and ballast will fill up when you stop. Way less stress on the valve vs. ramfill

That is correct. And is why I mentioned it. Quickfill is the same. Ramfill is different. People with both are having issues.