Stretch

What happened to truck prices?

Stretch    409

I inserted the truck models. Ram came in 3rd for light duty.

What about heavy duty? I don't have any reason to buy a 1500 at this point

I see you put Chevy top, was dodge last again?

chenige    84

HD ford and Chrysler were below industry average and therefore not rated.

Edited by chenige

Stretch    409

Industry average from what one other manufacturer?

RhuntIII    555

Cutting on the Fords are we.

Well I just traded in my 2006 f250 for a 2012 f250. Stay away from the 6.0 unless you have extra money to bulletproof the engine. I'm not to sure why I went with Ford over the other manufacturers other than the fact I was buying used and looking for a 3/4 ton in the 40-45k price range. I purchased this truck right at 30k miles and was able to purchase a manufacturers warranty to 90k+ miles. I'm hoping this will be a wise investment (F.O.R.D.). The truck was bought new from the local Ford dealer and it has had all the servicing done from this dealer with full documentation.

Anyway The truck was making this God Awful sound when shut off, something to do with the vacuum lines and a waste gate solenoid. It was covered under warranty. This is the only problem up to date. I'll post again when more problems occur. This 6.7 pulls the pooh out of the Avy and I'm very happy with all the Lariat features. SYNC and iPod work very well together.

Don't forget to shop/negotiate the interest as well. I was able to drop 1.75% by shopping around and telling the dealer I want to do business all in house if the price is right. I also waited to the very end of the month to make the deal.

• Like 1

Stretch    409

Well I just traded in my 2006 f250 for a 2012 f250. Stay away from the 6.0 unless you have extra money to bulletproof the engine. I'm not to sure why I went with Ford over the other manufacturers other than the fact I was buying used and looking for a 3/4 ton in the 40-45k price range. I purchased this truck right at 30k miles and was able to purchase a manufacturers warranty to 90k+ miles. I'm hoping this will be a wise investment (F.O.R.D.). The truck was bought new from the local Ford dealer and it has had all the servicing done from this dealer with full documentation.

Anyway The truck was making this God Awful sound when shut off, something to do with the vacuum lines and a waste gate solenoid. It was covered under warranty. This is the only problem up to date. I'll post again when more problems occur. This 6.7 pulls the pooh out of the Avy and I'm very happy with all the Lariat features. SYNC and iPod work very well together.

Don't forget to shop/negotiate the interest as well. I was able to drop 1.75% by shopping around and telling the dealer I want to do business all in house if the price is right. I also waited to the very end of the month to make the deal.

Nice to hear! Thats a very pretty truck. I have heard enough of the 6.0 to rule it out. Also even after bulletproofing it is urged to stay away from them with bio, and ill be running 20% at the least most likely. I am spoiled by newer interiors so would most likely be interested in 6.7 f250s 2010+ RAM and 2008/9+ GM

Edited by Stretch

DarksideR    1,679

Love my Ford F-150... Just wish I had a diesel.

Dandy    43

Nice to hear! Thats a very pretty truck. I have heard enough of the 6.0 to rule it out. Also even after bulletproofing it is urged to stay away from them with bio, and ill be running 20% at the least most likely. I am spoiled by newer interiors so would most likely be interested in 6.7 f250s 2010+ RAM and 2008/9+ GM

With the GM product, if you can, go 2011 or newer. That was one criteria when I was shopping. In 2011 I know the diesels if not all 2500/3500 received a significant suspension upgrade along with now including what had been the "snow plow prep" package (dual batteries, upgraded alternator...). The suspension is a well done "progressive" that rides decent, even better with weight and does not squat as far. Factory hitch is rated for 13000 lbs towing WITHOUT a WD hitch. Not trying to sell ya on GM but it may be worth spending a bit more and going 2011+

RhuntIII    555

If Biodiesel is anything like the Flexfuel-E85 stay away from it. Only use it incase of an emergency.

I tried the E-85 in the wife's 2008 Suburban (absolutely love this truck) and it ran like crap! Then I towed the boat... Oh Hell No!

It's a subpar fuel that should only be used when there is no petroleum available.

JMO

Stretch    409

If Biodiesel is anything like the Flexfuel-E85 stay away from it. Only use it incase of an emergency.

I tried the E-85 in the wife's 2008 Suburban (absolutely love this truck) and it ran like crap! Then I towed the boat... Oh Hell No!

It's a subpar fuel that should only be used when there is no petroleum available.

JMO

I agree on factory tuned with flex fuel vehicles, disagree with e85 on the whole. When tuned correctly it unreal the timing you can run and thus the power you can make with still lower temperatures, but you have to tune to optimize it.

Turbo cars eat it up, and run 50+hp over pump premium. But no, biodiesel is nothing like ethanol really other than being made in the USA. Much of it is made from already used oil instead of being thrown away, it has better lubricity than #2, runs quieter, smells like French fries. And supports American farmers, and workers the whole way down the chain. Plus, I can make it my self for a dollar a gallon and know exactly what I've got. Not like shell fuels etc - with unicorn poop because we care about your engine.

But that's not what this is about :) I'm very glad to hear your information on that 6.7. It seems like all the 3/4 tons will tow like a dream for me, and finding out how to shop best has made this invaluable.

viking    491

I'm still loving my 07 classic LBZ Duramax. Shopped hard back in 2010 to find the old body style LBZ before all the emissions crap and DPF. Still hard to beat the LBZ in my book!

See no need to buy newer since I've modded out my truck and only 65K miles. Miles are low as It really only tows the boat and 5'er in the summers.

Will never go back to gasser and if I had to buy now I'd probably look at GMC again but look at 1-ton dually.

• Like 2

RhuntIII    555

I agree on factory tuned with flex fuel vehicles, disagree with e85 on the whole. When tuned correctly it unreal the timing you can run and thus the power you can make with still lower temperatures, but you have to tune to optimize it.

Turbo cars eat it up, and run 50+hp over pump premium. But no, biodiesel is nothing like ethanol really other than being made in the USA. Much of it is made from already used oil instead of being thrown away, it has better lubricity than #2, runs quieter, smells like French fries. And supports American farmers, and workers the whole way down the chain. Plus, I can make it my self for a dollar a gallon and know exactly what I've got. Not like shell fuels etc - with unicorn poop because we care about your engine.

But that's not what this is about :) I'm very glad to hear your information on that 6.7. It seems like all the 3/4 tons will tow like a dream for me, and finding out how to shop best has made this invaluable.

I'm gonna have to do some digging on this tuning with the E-85 and biodiesel. Interest peaked.

Stretch    409

I'm gonna have to do some digging on this tuning with the E-85 and biodiesel. Interest peaked.

:) do it! Big time power to be had running alcohol when doing correctly. Really only downsides of biodiesel with proper maintenance are from dpf emissions stuff. Rip it off like freaking sprinkler valves. I tell you what the gov does the most backwards stuff. Delete dpf+biodiesel + methanol injection = more power, less emissions than with dpf, better mpg, less crap to break. Lower egt's. Sigh.

Stretch    409

I'm still loving my 07 classic LBZ Duramax. Shopped hard back in 2010 to find the old body style LBZ before all the emissions crap and DPF. Still hard to beat the LBZ in my book!

See no need to buy newer since I've modded out my truck and only 65K miles. Miles are low as It really only tows the boat and 5'er in the summers.

Will never go back to gasser and if I had to buy now I'd probably look at GMC again but look at 1-ton dually.

Does 3500 start 1 ton? Or 4500? Or is it the DRW that makes it go up to a 1 ton.

only thing i can add is i have a 7.3 ford f250 4x4 diesel 2003, and a 2003 chevy silverado hd and i have driven everywhere in the ford ,dirt ,sand, desert,mountains etc. the chevy, I can not even drive it, it has so many issues including a instrument cluster that does not work. ford guys usually sit back and watch the arguments, unless they bought a 6.0 litre.

• Like 2

chenige    84

Industry average from what one other manufacturer?

From the entire database of all vehicles. They will not put a vehicle in a segment top 3 when it is below the entire industry average(1.47 problem in 3 years).

So all Ford and Chrysler HD trucks are below industry average.

BUT, if you look at the data (only brand data is available unless you pay for it, not individual models) the industry average is 1.47 problems per vehicle in 3 years. GM and Chevrolet are both at 1.23 with Ford at 1.88 and Chrysler at 1.73. That means there is only about 1/2 more problems in 3 years between the GM products and the other two. Not really a lot of difference. Even between the vaunted Toyota at 1.11 the difference to GM at 1.23 is almost negligible.

10 years ago the differences were much greater with a large spread between Toyota and the others. Today not so much. Pretty much all vehicles have from 1-2 problems (on average) in 3 years.

I do feel sorry for Land Rover and Fiat owners though.

Stretch    409

From the entire database of all vehicles. They will not put a vehicle in a segment top 3 when it is below the entire industry average(1.47 problem in 3 years).

So all Ford and Chrysler HD trucks are below industry average.

BUT, if you look at the data (only brand data is available unless you pay for it, not individual models) the industry average is 1.47 problems per vehicle in 3 years. GM and Chevrolet are both at 1.23 with Ford at 1.88 and Chrysler at 1.73. That means there is only about 1/2 more problems in 3 years between the GM products and the other two. Not really a lot of difference. Even between the vaunted Toyota at 1.11 the difference to GM at 1.23 is almost negligible.

10 years ago the differences were much greater with a large spread between Toyota and the others. Today not so much. Pretty much all vehicles have from 1-2 problems (on average) in 3 years.

I do feel sorry for Land Rover and Fiat owners though.

AH! ok i see what you are saying,I thought averages were remade in the "section" you designated" Thanks!

Bigcatpt    408

I also have the 07 classic LBZ Duramax! Love it. Yours is super low miles! I am at about 77K which is low for a 9 yr old truck.

• Like 1

Carter13    69

H,

Those pictures are classic. You can't tow for $hit and I would put money against those guys that my 06 4Runner would off road circles around them. Those are only good for pavement princess cruising.

That Ford reminds me of my 07 KR PS350. It hauled the hell out of my AF 860 camper but was not trustworthy at all.

h20king    794

H,

Those pictures are classic. You can't tow for $hit and I would put money against those guys that my 06 4Runner would off road circles around them. Those are only good for pavement princess cruising.

That Ford reminds me of my 07 KR PS350. It hauled the hell out of my AF 860 camper but was not trustworthy at all.

Got my Dodge dialed hauls the AF and boat no problem. Couple upgrades and its money. Did the Hellwig big wig say bar kit Firestone airbags and custom rear leaf springs. Also put all bilstein shocks on all the way around