RVR-RAT

YETI COOLER

stoked    1,039

In my Avy, absolutely! In the 33, nope ;-)

stoked    1,039

So I'm back from a 4 day weekend at the lake. By the morning of the 3rd day, there was no more ice (however beverages were still insanely cold). Maybe I had my expectations too high, but I was hoping for a little more. However, it never left the boat, when I covered the boat, it was under the cover which can get like an oven some times. On the flip side, the outside temperature never really got above 70 degrees and my boat is mostly in the shade. I did only use an 8lb bag for 24 BLLs. Had I filled it to the top with ice, I'm pretty confident it would have still been there on the 3rd and 4th days

I also didn't "prime it" as suggested on here by putting ice in it for a couple of days first. It did have all of our cold food in it for the 2.5 hour drive to the lake house before I dumped all of that out and filled it with beers and ice. We're headed to OBX via the lake next weekend, so I'll try putting ice in it first for a day or so before filling it. And I'll use way more ice.

Other than that it is super nice. I've had other soft coolers that leak after the second use, ice that melts within a couple of hours, and just no durability. The Yeti is super strong and I showed everyone how it was leak proof by turning it upside down when zipped shut. I'm definitely glad I got it as the boat cooler

• Like 2

acman    59

i have a 45 to keep ice in and use a bag 30 for the boat cooler. Works great. Gotta keep the lid closed on the hard cooler for best ice retention. I also use some of the Yeti ice blocks; those things will freeze water. Toss it in the bag cooler to extend the ice as it melts.

Edited by acman
  • Like 1

Mmarsh    59

true. Gotta keep em shut. My sons can't get that through their beautiful heads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick213    583

i have a 45 to keep ice in and use a bag 30 for the boat cooler. Works great. Gotta keep the lid closed on the hard cooler for best ice retention. I also use some of the Yeti ice blocks; those things will freeze water. Toss it in the bag cooler to extend the ice as it melts.

So I read this at lunch...... Well I ended up at REI after work and bought 2, 4#ers and will give them a try in the hopper40 I just bought.

Next weekend can't get here quick enough!

Nick213    583

And acman, that post cost me another $60+ so thank you for that! In a very sarcastic voice lol

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

If you can hold out, wait until you see what Fineline has in store for model year 2017 :thumbsup:

Uhhhmm, no. LOL. THIS IS MY YEAR DAMMIT! LOL

• Like 2

acman    59

And acman, that post cost me another $60+ so thank you for that! In a very sarcastic voice lol

LOL, $60 your wife didn't spend on a pair of shoes!

stoked    1,039

So I read this at lunch...... Well I ended up at REI after work and bought 2, 4#ers and will give them a try in the hopper40 I just bought.

Next weekend can't get here quick enough!

Let me know how they work out, I was on Amazon and the reviews for the 2s were up and down

stoked    1,039

We're just talkin' coolers :) Pretty sure you can get one :)

"You can have a new cooler or a new boat, but not both"

"I'll show her"

1323.jpg

• Like 1

Mmarsh    59

f061c5d07acb7f4636af4b27febc4d8e.jpg

If you're gonna go...go big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

"You can have a new cooler or a new boat, but not both"

"I'll show her"

1323.jpg

LMAO!

I've stretched the budget so far, that statement may just be true!

• Like 1

Stoked,

Does your 40 Yeti Hopper 40 fit in the bow under the filler cushion in your FS33? Interested in getting one and trying to see what the best size is. Thanks

stoked    1,039
Stoked,

Does your 40 Yeti Hopper 40 fit in the bow under the filler cushion in your FS33? Interested in getting one and trying to see what the best size is. Thanks

I suspect no, I can tell you for certain Friday. It fit perfectly in the walk through, I think the base might be too large to fit in the foot well, but I'll check for sure

Thanks, much appreciated. When you say walk through, you are actually getting the Hopper 40 to fit in the "interior cooler" in the walk through from main area to bow?

Nick213    583

I think he means on top of the cooler in the walk through.

stoked    1,039
I think he means on top of the cooler in the walk through.

Exactly!