TaylorSok

Vinyl Treatment - boat care

TaylorSok    5

I'm curios about what everyone is using to treat the vinyl in their boats? I just purchased a new SV233 and want to make sure I treat the interior with something before we start using it.

What's the best product to use? What about the gelcoat too? Thanks!

Bongo Fury    640

We use 303 UV protectant once before the season and then maybe again once more during the season. We wipe down and clean everything with a 50/50 mix of white vinager and water after every outing. We keep a couple of spray botttles on the boat at all times. We use this for everything from cleaning spills to getting rid of water spots. As far the the Gelcoat we have the exterior of the boat fully detailed with a great wax job at the start of every season.

Edited by Bongo Fury

I use boat bling everything there hot sauce is awesome, and there vinyl cleaner has UV protection as well, I have used the UV 303 as well that stuff works well to.

DarksideR    1,679

X2 on the 303. I use it a few times a year. Only thing I've noticed is that if you use too much, it transfers to your feet when you walk over the seats and back of the boat. Then the surfboard EVA pads get a wee bit slippery. Which sucks donkey balls.

• Like 1

truekaotik    458

Spend the money on opti-coat... You'll be surprised....

TaylorSok    5

Thanks, guys!

ReSession    165

I use Babe's (http://www.babesboats.com/) - good smell and it's not super slick like the 303 stuff like Darkside mentioned...once it's on your feet, good luck not slipping off your surfboard! I was literally scrubbing the bottom of my feet to try to get it off!

DarksideR    1,679

Yep^^^ The first time it happened to me I thought it was the board. Took me a minute to figure out it was my feet!

enzo101mo    98

A long time boat dealer told me years ago to use 409 on you vinyl every time your done with your boat for the weekend. I have done this to of two of my boats for years and they still look brand new. My Enzo is an 2005 and going to 10 in July and my seat look like the day I bought it.

• Like 1