ReSession

Anyone (else) picking up the 2015 Inland Surfer Keenan Flegal Pro Surf model?

ReSession    165

I just came across the BoardCo.com preorder and had to put mine in (says 3 days free shipping too!) - looks like they are going without the front pad (in lieu of surf wax)? Anyone surf one at a recent competition? I'm wondering if wax will get tracked into boat from your foot? I'm not used to waxing wakesurf boards, but I'm ready to find out! I'll probably order the traction pad as optional, but want to try with wax first. Any experience with front foot wax versus pad?

http://www.boardco.com/products/1222-Wakesurf/29560-Inland-Surfer-Keenan-Pro-Surf-Wakesurf-Board-2015/

Admitted, I haven't been too "pumped" on the 2013 KF Surf model (blue and black) that I picked up...it's definitely more of a pump-pump board versus the jet-fighter speed of the Flyboy! I don't really like the slope of the older nose and hoping this squared off/hammerhead nose will be something I like?

post-581-0-05483500-1418831596_thumb.jpg

Edited by ReSession

LKASurfing    53

I rode Keenan's prototype this summer. Much better than the older model. I had a hard time getting the board to release off the wake based on how wide the board is in the tail. The tail is narrower in the production model. I rode a Fly Boy for the past couple years but have switched to the Phase 5 Wire.

Personally I am not a fan of wax do to possibly getting all over everything, plus I find I slip off it more. Also, if you like landing airs, you will start to heel dent the board.

• Like 1

WakeDoc    471

For $950 I think I would have a custom board made.

ReSession    165

WacDoc - are you talking custom graphics like a Soulcraft or custom shape like a Stretch/Flyboy board? What companies would you suggest looking at for custom shaped boards?

h20king    794

Greg if you have not tried a soulcraft you should I think you would love how they ride. But if the flyboy is your thing but you want custom but don't want to spend the $$$$ for one of the Stretch boards I think James Walker is coming out with a line of semi custom boards under his own name.

• Like 1

Erksonray    10

No way, the boards are made overseas. There are plenty of talented shapers here in our great country. Inland Surfer sold their souls to make more $$$. Surfing is all about soul. To me there is no soul in a board made by people who have no idea what surfing is.

h20king    794

inland boards are made over seas but the new James Walker wake surfing boards are made here in the good old USA. Go take a look at the walker's FB page it no longer has FLY BOY anywhere on the sight and all the video showing the inland or fly boy logo has been blured

ReSession    165

For those interested in reading up about the IS/Flyboy licensing issue, check out http://jameswalkerwakesurfing.com/wth/

I guess my only reason I'm hesitant to go with Soulcraft is that they 'look' to be very similar in shape and size to our Walker Project BombPop and IS Flyboys...is it lighter/faster/more responsive? I still say my custom Flyboy bequeathed to me by Jeff Walker is my favorite board, but over the years she started taking on water and got waterlogged.

Dreamer    96

I've got a Flyboy (the first version by IS) and a TWP Bomb pop. Both great boards but I prefer the TWP as it has a bit more nose rocker and pearls less. The construction of the Flyboy is so much more durable than the customs though.

duramat    462

Walkers and Inland have parted ways?? .......interesting....What brought that on?

DarksideR    1,679

Did they actually think they'd still be able to use the name Flyboy after selling it to IS?

If I read between the lines correctly, that's what it sounds like.

I still think that the Soulcraft that I rode/wrecked in Texas a few years ago is my favourite board that I have ridden. Squash tail Jetty I believe.

ReSession    165

I decided to cancel the order on the KF Surf...just not sure it would be the right board for me (or anyone other than him?!).

I then reached out to Jeff Walker who confirmed that they are working with the guys @ The Walker Project to introduce a new board as h20king mentioned - a version that James rides with a bamboo skin, and a standard construction model (quoting Jeff: "not as robust as the bamboo sknned one, probably better suited for lightweight riders or folks that aren't landing from airs over and over."

Here's a link to their future store - http://store.jameswalkerwakesurfing.com/products/16-2/

Definitely the board I'm going with! It looks very similar in shape to my original red James Walker Flyb*y model built by Jeff that I love (added a pic to compare to the new one on the right).

post-581-0-24028300-1422399483_thumb.jpg

post-581-0-60523900-1422399484_thumb.png

Edited by ReSession

DarksideR    1,679

Looks pretty similar. Wonder if they make a big "guy" model?

WakeDoc    471

I am guessing Jeff Walker was right in the middle of the split since anything he touches seems to self-destruct.

duramat    462

I am guessing Jeff Walker was right in the middle of the split since anything he touches seems to self-destruct.

LMAO

I ADMIT...that board is a fun board (FB), my best riding has been on that board.

But dayum the drama that came along with that board that was played out on Hate world at the time with him on a rampage flinging crap everywhere and at everyone and even at Centurion at the time...I swore I'd never own one.

WakeDoc    471

^^^ you and me both, sad thing is James has to pay the price.

DarksideR    1,679

LMAO

I ADMIT...that board is a fun board (FB), my best riding has been on that board.

But dayum the drama that came along with that board that was played out on Hate world at the time with him on a rampage flinging crap everywhere and at everyone and even at Centurion at the time...I swore I'd never own one.

Sounds like some entertaining reading. Please point me in the right direction

Nick213    583

Sounds like some entertaining reading. Please point me in the right direction

X2