DarksideR    1,679

That's a pretty cool looking Bimini. Very unique and looks highway capable.

DarksideR    1,679

Feelin pretty bummed out right now. After pricing out and working out my payments, I've come to the conclusion that doing the FS33 winter mod just cannot happen. I still have my FX22, but want to improve the wave without exposed bags. So it's looking like a change in brands may be on the horizon. I love Centurion, I love the style, I love the performance, I love that they're focused on surfing and have been for years. Just wish the Canadian dollar would come back in line with the US some!

So, right now I'm looking at two other boats. Supreme S238,(which I've yet to be impressed with the waves I've seen) and MB B52. Anyone have any other boats I should check out? It's going to be a sad day for me to not be a part of the Centurion family. Got a lot of stickers to remove. LOL.

will either of these boats fit in your garage?

Wylie_Tunes    146

Feelin pretty bummed out right now. After pricing out and working out my payments, I've come to the conclusion that doing the FS33 winter mod just cannot happen. I still have my FX22, but want to improve the wave without exposed bags. So it's looking like a change in brands may be on the horizon. I love Centurion, I love the style, I love the performance, I love that they're focused on surfing and have been for years. Just wish the Canadian dollar would come back in line with the US some!

So, right now I'm looking at two other boats. Supreme S238,(which I've yet to be impressed with the waves I've seen) and MB B52. Anyone have any other boats I should check out? It's going to be a sad day for me to not be a part of the Centurion family. Got a lot of stickers to remove. LOL.

Tige with TAPS-3

• Like 1

h20king    794

If you are not gettin a good wave out of the 238 you are doing something wrong. Did you set it up like I suggested?? The tige wave is good but if you are coming from a fineline boat you will not be happy. The wave lacks the curve and push in the back of the pocket. The MB will make a nice wake but requires tons of ballast to get there. If I was looking to change brands I would look to supra super nice boat and a great wake

Wylie_Tunes    146

The tige wave is good but if you are coming from a fineline boat you will not be happy. The wave lacks the curve and push in the back of the pocket

Is this based on surfing the 2016's with TAPS3? I found the Z3 to be the complete opposite. Best Z3 wave Ive ever surfed and with more time to dial in, like one of the best waves ive surfed. The pocket was long with an effortless recovery. And this was surfing on an 8 year old CWB Tsunami 4.9 to boot. I think the Rz2 new R22 with TAPS-3 have some huge potential, based on what we've done with the Rz2 in years past listed.

DarksideR    1,679

I am not a fan of he Tige brand. I think they look badass on the water but that about it. The low height tower makes it a definite NO. Thanks for the thought though Wylie.

H, I haven't demoed the Supreme or the MB yet. Just going by things I've seen on the net. My buddy has an MB F21 that is DIALLED on the goofy side! All water ballast, all hidden. It can hold it's own against the FS33 wave that I love so much. The regular side isn't quite as good. But I've seen really good things from the B52. Although I don't love the tower and dash. The vinyl is in my opinion, better than both Supreme and Centurion. There's awesome storage in them too. Really utilizing every space. The way they put together the hull is very impressive. It's surprising they aren't more expensive. AND... they've incorporated board storage into the Bimini! So many good things really.

I will definitely demo the 238 and really hope that I like it. Just wish I could stay Centurion. I've said it before, I'm a fanboy.

• Like 1

Stretch    409

Never expected to come on and see that. But supreme and mb both seem like great options

• Like 1

chadr    328

Never expected to come on and see that. But supreme and mb both seem like great options

Agreed! I have ridden behind both of these boats and feel with the right person dialing it in, you will be comparable.

Wylie_Tunes    146

I am not a fan of he Tige brand. I think they look badass on the water but that about it. The low height tower makes it a definite NO. Thanks for the thought though Wylie.

H, I haven't demoed the Supreme or the MB yet. Just going by things I've seen on the net. My buddy has an MB F21 that is DIALLED on the goofy side! All water ballast, all hidden. It can hold it's own against the FS33 wave that I love so much. The regular side isn't quite as good. But I've seen really good things from the B52. Although I don't love the tower and dash. The vinyl is in my opinion, better than both Supreme and Centurion. There's awesome storage in them too. Really utilizing every space. The way they put together the hull is very impressive. It's surprising they aren't more expensive. AND... they've incorporated board storage into the Bimini! So many good things really.

I will definitely demo the 238 and really hope that I like it. Just wish I could stay Centurion. I've said it before, I'm a fanboy.

They have a new tower this year, that is higher then the Alpha-Z and have released three new models for 2016.

RhuntIII    555

They have a new tower this year, that is higher then the Alpha-Z and have released three new models for 2016.

Nobody cares about Tigé around here. :spiteful:

• Like 2

DarksideR    1,679

Yeah... honestly it feels like I'm moving out of town and leaving all my friends behind. I hate it. But I'm sticking around here no matter what boat I get!

h20king    794

Yeah... honestly it feels like I'm moving out of town and leaving all my friends behind. I hate it. But I'm sticking around here no matter what boat I get!

there is a reason mb is so cheap. Send a message to pat at NW Boat Sports and ask him about MB. He sold them at one time so he has the lowdown on them

viking    491

If I was looking to change brands I would look to supra super nice boat and a great wake

Definitely agree with you H on this..............however doubt that the issue of price is going to be remedied if looking to Supra!

• Like 2

Wylie_Tunes    146

Nobody cares about Tigé around here. :spiteful:

Yep, I know

post-2261-0-89696200-1447462143_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

stoked    1,039

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Replace the bags with lead. Takes 1/8th the space so you can hide them under the seats with no exposed bags. Wait the dollar out buddy!!

Stretch    409

Next year this time would be such a great time to sell I bet

DarksideR    1,679

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Replace the bags with lead. Takes 1/8th the space so you can hide them under the seats with no exposed bags. Wait the dollar out buddy!!

Honestly, there's no room. The FX22 has enough...( too much actually) weight in the rear corners. I had lead in there and had to remove it. The real issue is it not handling enough weight for what I'll call an "Epic wave". It's got a great wave with the ballast I have plus two to three people in the boat. But riding an FS33 ruined it for me! Any more weight just creates wash. And I can't have that. Lol.

Next year this time would be such a great time to sell I bet

I see what you did there. Nice try. I hope you find what you're looking for next year bud.

I have considered waiting for the dollar to change but who knows how long that'll take if ever. And my boat will just continue to depreciate. So, I'm moving along with it.