sprocketeer    9

The regular wave on my S21 was great without much effort but I really struggled with the goofy wave on my S21.

I had an A-Plate fabbed up thanks to Shaka's contact and came up with this. The goofy wave pictured is with the stock ballast and cleaned up great with the A-Plate.

HUGE WIN!

2nbslmd.jpg

15yzsiv.jpg

2cdfkhu.jpg

Starboard Quickfill - Full

Port Quickfill - 30% Full

Starboard PnP - Full

Wake/A-Plate - 75%

10.6 MPH

chadr    328

Did you bolt it thru the flange or is it bolted to the bottom? Pics of underneath would be cool! Very nice wave BTW,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

tprice    118

Sproketeer, have you tried it without any counter?

My. 226 goofy wave is super clean but only with no counter weight

sprocketeer    9

Tprice,

I tried it every way you can think of. It's just not the same as the 226. A-plate works for me.

sprocketeer    9

Did you bolt it thru the flange or is it bolted to the bottom? Pics of underneath would be cool! Very nice wave BTW,Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's bolted thru the flange. I wanted to be able to go back without holes in the bottom In case it didn't work.

tprice    118

Glad it worked for you!

tprice    118

Glad it worked for you!

mlajeunesse    0

I m kind of new in that sport, i have a supreme v 208, want to increase height and lenght of my wave, can it help to add an a-plate like this ?

Also, we are all goofy style, why do you have to put it on the opposit side ? Like i told you i m knew in that sport

DarksideR    1,679

Height: more weight, possibly go a little slower. But that'll decrease your length. Bow weight will increase your length, but possibly decrease your height. Takes a lot of tinkering to find the sweet spot on some boats.

Try not to concern yourself with how tall your wave is. Yeah, it's impressive... LOL. But what's really important in a good wakesurf wave is the amount of push, the shape, and the size of sweetspot. Ie. the area of the wave that you can move easily within.

The A-plate wing being on the port side DOES seem backwards, but it all has to do with taming the damn prop wash. And it tends to really kick up off that side of the plate. We don't really need to now the "how's" of it working. Just know that it does! :)

I believe ReSession used to have a V208. Maybe send him a personal msg asking how he weighted it.

what happens if a plate on both sides anyone?

DarksideR    1,679

Flattens out the regular side wave a bit I believe.

traysonh    11

I see that you doubled or tripled the surface area of your OEM wakeplate. I've seen the centurion ones obviously. How did you decide on how far back to extend your plate? Are you just mirroring the centurion design or did you make yours bigger for some reason?? I've never measured the a-plate on the centurion as I don't have a huge stake in cleaning up my goofy since most all my riders are regular. but I have a couple friends that are VERY interested in cleaning up their goofy...

20150108_203616.jpg

traysonh    11

Nevermind. I found the big 11 page thread on it and it has all the info and measurements I could ever want. Great mod though!

• Like 1

phillewis    39

The regular wave on my S21 was great without much effort but I really struggled with the goofy wave on my S21.

I had an A-Plate fabbed up thanks to Shaka's contact and came up with this. The goofy wave pictured is with the stock ballast and cleaned up great with the A-Plate.

HUGE WIN!

2nbslmd.jpg

15yzsiv.jpg

2cdfkhu.jpg

Starboard Quickfill - Full

Port Quickfill - 30% Full

Starboard PnP - Full

Wake/A-Plate - 75%

10.6 MPH

Anyone know if the hull angles are the same on the S21 and S226? If so, sprocketeer... Did you have a local shop build yours or did you make it yourself? Any way of ordering another one? If not, do you have measurements or a diagram for yours? Would love to try one of these on my S226...

Getssum    10

mlajeunesse:

ReSession had a V220, which is more similar to your V208 than too many others in older Supreme lineup.

I've also got a V220 and my setup is as follows:

Pulled factory small ballast tanks and re-did engine dividers, allowing to fit FlyHigh 750's

FlyHi Bow bag under seats

Zero counter weight except the extra items (tube, life jackets, etc) that won't fit in the compartment with the sac.

2 Leadwake.com 55 lb bags for balancing.

If you can , get everyone to sit on the driver side of the boat, or at least in the center. There's not a lot of extra room in the V208 as the seating isn't truly "Wrap Around" so you may be able to add a Flyhigh "Fat Brick" behind the drivers seat, or order extra leadwake.com bags.

This should get the boat leaning pretty good, and will get you very close to the rub rail.

As you know our boats are a good 10"-12" narrower than a lot of the newer boats, and have a pretty flat transom. Which is why our wakeboard wakes are killer.

I've worked a bit on fabricating a "surfgate" type thing, but haven't done any in water testing yet.

viking    491

Anyone know if the hull angles are the same on the S21 and S226? If so, sprocketeer... Did you have a local shop build yours or did you make it yourself? Any way of ordering another one? If not, do you have measurements or a diagram for yours? Would love to try one of these on my S226...

Good Question and interested in the answer as well. Also does the A-plate help clean up the wakeboard wake on starboard side? Speed helps but that side is still very finicky with weight and thinking A-plate would assist there too?

Thanks

Cyclingdad    2

I measured up my S21, and compared to the drawing that was floating around (I think it was based on a S226). The angle is the same, but the width of the bottom (flat part) of the hull was narrower on the S21.

The S226 flat part is 13.75" wide, the S21 flat part is 12.25" wide (the same width as the factory wake plate).

I just had some asymmetrical plates fabbed up, and am picking them up this week. I'll be fitting one up to my S21 this weekend. Excited to see the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprocketeer    9

Phil,

I did have a local shop fabricate one for me. Kingdon Sheet Metal. I would check with the S226 owners to see how they set up their boats. I'm not sure you need one. Anyway, I have the drawing I gave to Kingdon if you want it. Just PM me your email and I will send it to you.

sprocketeer    9

Here is my updated Goofy setup. It is still not as good as the regular side but it works pretty well.

I replaced the stock PNP bags with Sumo 900's (Just about a perfect fit). I think the stock bags are about 500lbs. I also rerouted the vent lines to the opposite side so they don't drain while underway.

Starboard quickfill - 100%

Port quickfill - 0%

Starboard PNP (900) - 100%

Port PNP - 0%

Any extra on or under the starboard seat will help!

Trim/A-plate - 75%

Speed 9.6 (non-gps)

Here is my A-Plate Drawing (If anyone wants the PDF drawing, Just PM me your email and I will send it to you):

Edited by sprocketeer

viking    491

Sprocketeer - Do you do any wakeboarding at all and if so does it help?

Nobody on my crew surfs the goofy side so at this point I don't have any incentive to do the A-plate just for that. Mainly interested in working on the wakeboard wake for my kids. Speed helps improve the wake but not the kids confidence! would like to clean it up at slower speeds.

Phillewis - same question if you forged ahead and modified your wakeplate with the A-plate mod and any experience with wakeboarding speeds

Maybe just the new tab design would work? Or did they change the shape solely for aesthetics to look more like the quicksurf tabs?

post-3649-0-33512500-1460655278_thumb.jpg