Troy. R    198

Another thing that might help on this mod is if the addition of the a-plate isn't level/flush with the stock plate but "Up" some it MIGHT help. It appears that the new boats a-plates are NOT level flush the the bottom of the hull like MY stock plate is.

I considered doing this with mine, but the port side exhaust flange will not allow for it. If you mount the plate much higher than level with the bottom of the boat you won't be able to get enough up stroke. The wing on the plate will get the exhaust flange. As it is with my plate mounted level with the bottom of the boat, the wing touches the port side exhaust flange when the plate is in the full up position.

Shaka    146

Kingdon sheetmetal in SLC. I'm going to do up a correct version of the tab instead of one that bolts on bottom of previous tab. Maybe we should team up and do two at the same time.

I was at Powell a couple of weeks ago and made some further observations regarding my version of the plate. To remind you folks I bolted mine to the bottom of the adjustable plate that was already on the boat. This worked great for cleaning up the wake on the goofy side and didn't affect the regular side. However there is a bunch of spray coming up. It's a minor annoyance but it's enough that I wouldn't recommend adding a plate in this manner.

An buddy of mine and I looked hard at what was happening with the plate while we were surfing. I found that due to the plate being mounted under the current plate that water would end up coming over the top of the wing and was causing turbulence that resulted in the spray. It's simply a matter of the plate being too low in the water. The fix is easy, abandon the idea of an undermounted plate and simply use the Duramat method. Find a piano hinge that fits the mounting area under the hull and weld the plate to the top of it. I figure this will put the plate about about a quarter of an inch above the bottom of the boat. I just need to find the mounts for my rams to attach to the plate.

I've had a new plate fabricated with a piano hinge. I will mount the hinge tonight and then mark where the plate should be welded to it. Same with the small plate for attaching the rams. I had them bend the wing up an extra degree because it wasn't quite perfect in following the hull transition. Here are a few pics:

• Like 1

enzo101mo    98

Ok guys which design works the best? I read this whole thread and I a little confused. I down loaded the drawing for the stationary plate because that's what I have. I have a 2005 Enzo 230 with a stationary trim Plate and side swipe exhaust. I been hearing about the splash maybe that's because of the rear exhaust blowing on the plate. So is the angle 18 with 6.5" length up rise and round the corners? Is there a gap between the hull and the plate?

I want to get one made and I know a metal shop with a laser cutter and all I would have to do is supply him a template. Please let me

stoked    1,039

Ok guys which design works the best? I read this whole thread and I a little confused. I down loaded the drawing for the stationary plate because that's what I have. I have a 2005 Enzo 230 with a stationary trim Plate and side swipe exhaust. I been hearing about the splash maybe that's because of the rear exhaust blowing on the plate. So is the angle 18 with 6.5" length up rise and round the corners? Is there a gap between the hull and the plate?

I want to get one made and I know a metal shop with a laser cutter and all I would have to do is supply him a template. Please let me

My hull for a 2007 Avy was 16 degrees, can't imagine a big difference between a 2005 Enzo and 2007 Avy, but your should definitely measure yourself. I used 6.5 up.

I also have side swipe exhaust, I don't think it plays here.

This past weekend was the first weekend on the lake with the new plate. The goofy side is perfect now, but we get a really bad splash on the regular side, hits the rider right in the face. I can minimize it by putting the tab all the way down to 100%, but that really shortens the wave. If I speed up, the splash comes back. I tried gorilla taping every seam between the trim and the A-Plate (I did one like Troy's that connects to the existing plate) to see if that was the issue and nothing worked. I sacrificed my wife's perfect wave to give myself a better wave, she is not happy...

DarksideR    1,679

Can we see some pics of your A-plate stoked?

That sounds very strange.

One thing you can do to try and figure out what is causing the splash, is remove your swim platform so you can see exactly how the water is rolling off the edges of the tab and the boat while surfing.

Edited by DarksideR

stoked    1,039

Can we see some pics of your A-plate stoked?

No. The boat is gone in favor of a 2015 FS33. The splash is all it took to convince the wife we needed something better... Best mod I ever did... :sorcerer:

I can tell you it looked just like Troy's but without the lip that went all the way around. The plate was level with the hull.

• Like 4

DarksideR    1,679

No. The boat is gone in favor of a 2015 FS33. The splash is all it took to convince the wife we needed something better... Best mod I ever did... :sorcerer:

I can tell you it looked just like Troy's but without the lip that went all the way around. The plate was level with the hull.

Oh yeah! That IS the best mod by far! You're gonna love that FS33 sooooooo much!

• Like 1

Troy    234

My wife LOVED the wave of the FS33 we tested but we couldn't swing the price. My poor old Avy will have to last for a LONG time! LOL

Shaka    146

The plate was level with the hull.

And that's where your spray is coming from. They plate has to be above the hull a bit or else water flows between the hull and the wing which causes the spray. This is the reason I decided to do another version of mine. If I still get a bit of spray I'll have them bend the wing up a little more or add a rail around the top edge of the wing.

DarksideR    1,679

And that's where your spray is coming from. They plate has to be above the hull a bit or else water flows between the hull and the wing which causes the spray. This is the reason I decided to do another version of mine. If I still get a bit of spray I'll have them bend the wing up a little more or add a rail around the top edge of the wing.

SHHHHHHH! Don't let his wife hear that! LOL

• Like 2

stoked    1,039

SHHHHHHH! Don't let his wife hear that! LOL

:sofa:

• Like 1

adambomb2000    35

Hey if Duramat happens to read this, or anyone else is chatting with him, please check PM - trying to get ahold of him...thanks!

ironhead    4

My goofy wave looks like an I/O made it...

(I'd post a pic but unsure how to)

1)This A plate sounds best mounted on the transom not the bottom of the hull, sound correct?

2)I've weighted the boat 1100# locker and between 200-1000# plus some peeps.

Advised by a centurion sponsored rider, to no or minor improvement. Was at my local dealer today he advised the a plate should work

3)WHYYYY! ?

Just got this 2010 enzo sv230 to surf the baddest boats, and am frustrated beyond belief...

Any advice is welcome

TIA

DarksideR    1,679

Is the wave just washy? Or does it lack push as well? The A-plate will help clean up wash. The wash is created by the way the water rolls off the port side of the trim tab. The A-plate softens that turbulence.

Besides that, you need more than an 1100# bag. More than even a 1400# enzo bag. 1400#'s plus 3-4 people all on the starboard side should give you a very nice wave. Absolutely NO counterweight or bow weight.

Bongo Fury    640

On our 233 we almost never run goofy but on our regular wave we use both quickfills (500lbs ea.) PNP (750#) Pro (550#) and a 400 on the seat. Wave is killer! Sometimes add some bow weight for my youngest son who likes to ride waaaaaay behind the boat.

ironhead    4

Darkside

Ya it's not very pushy, and it is VERY washy...

The total on surf side (goofy) is up to 2100 mid ship (1100 in locker, 200 fast fill and we have had up to 2 more 400# sacs one on the seat one on floor)

I have been advised to no counterweight, and no bow weight (I have tried them tho)

ironhead    4

Darkside

The total on surf side (goofy) is up to 2100 mid ship (1100 in locker, 200 fast fill and we have had up to 2 more 400# sacs one on the seat one on floor)

I have been advised to no counterweight, and no bow weight (I have tried them tho)

ironhead    4

Bongo

I have zero issue with the regular side..

I do ride heel side there sometimes but not home to me!?

DarksideR    1,679

Darkside

What exactly is this 200 fast fill?

You should have a fair amount of push with that weight. Water should be crossing the rear corner of your vent while under way.

You have to have the trim tab down almost all the way on the goofy side as well.

ironhead    4

Ha the 200 is that shty hard tank under the seat, I was goings remove and install a 400 in its place. Might get 350 out of the space.

Ya the rub rail is wet for sure... The only thing I can thinking is an improperly calibrated trim tab.

I'll rework the tab calibration and get an A plate on it, if that fails. Four winns!? Lol

I'll post again after that

• Like 1