Dreamer    96

I have the asymmetrical wake plate. I spoke with Larry at FAE and they are going to reshape the downtube on the new pipes, hoping to alleviate this problem.

I'm in the process of adding a flap under my swim platform. Should be testing and taking pictures on Friday.

Bongo Fury    640

I hope this can be worked out......as much as I want an FAE I am just not ready to put a flap on my boat....guess I will wait it out to see what happens.

duffymahoney    10

Flaps only look ugly when you trailer your boat:)

Bongo Fury    640

I know Duffy...my boat sits on a lift.....I guess I just can't come to terms with it right now....great idea by the way!!

jiriki    13

I know Duffy...my boat sits on a lift.....I guess I just can't come to terms with it right now....great idea by the way!!

You can make it removable? Wouldn't the benefits of the FAE outweigh the ugly looks? Besides.. the stainless version of the FAE is pretty sexy looking... especially siting out of the water on a lift.

Bongo Fury    640

Yup.....I agree with you......I loved the stainless FAE and had it on my Falcon V......best mod I ever did to the boat.....I am going to sound stuck up here but it's going to take a quite a bit to get past a flap on the back of my new boat.....it's just me and no disrespect to those running a flap.....soon enough Centurion and FAE will figure out how to make it work right with the A plate and the surf step....and when they do I will be first in line to buy one.

post-901-0-60963300-1399925367_thumb.jpg

duramat    462

Dreamer do you have an a plate ?? My new boat is loud .If i have to choose FAE or a plate I'll pass on the a plate so the FAE is closer to the boat to eliminate some spray

post-50-0-69724500-1399943568_thumb.jpg

Go for both

• Like 1

duffymahoney    10

Larry is looking at making flaps. I'm sure he can figure a way to make them better looking.

Dreamer    96

The bracket is on for my flap. I used the flush mount brackets from an FAE kit. Had a 2"x2" angle welded to a square tube for stiffness.

post-821-0-64410500-1400024318_thumb.jpg

Dreamer    96

The flap is on. Doesn't look too bad. Tough to cut 3/4" horsemat straight.:)

It is as wide as a symmetrical (wing) plate would be and hangs a couple inches below the bottom of the hull. Sure hope it is effective.

post-821-0-16717000-1400039543_thumb.jpg

post-821-0-73956400-1400039553_thumb.jpg

RhuntIII    555

Wow Dreamer, big flap. Have you ran this behind your boat? Looks like it was well built.

DrNate    426

I can't wait to see/hear about the water test on that Dreamer!

Bongo Fury    640

I can't wait to see/hear about the water test on that Dreamer!

X2!!

Dreamer    96

The first one I bolted on yesterday was 24" deep and I thought there might be too much stress on the components so I took it off. This one is only 16".

Dreamer    96

The results are in. The flap did eliminate the spray from coming in my boat when the wake plate was down. We still did have to run the plate around 30% to clean the wash up on the face of the wave but it did make a difference. From the rider's position you could see the flap curled up from the water pressure.

The first picture is without the flap. The others are with the flap.

post-821-0-35583200-1400334660_thumb.jpg

post-821-0-43041900-1400334669_thumb.jpg

post-821-0-90153500-1400334677_thumb.jpg

post-821-0-46027500-1400334687_thumb.jpg

DarksideR    1,679

Looks like it did the trick! Nice clean install Dreamer!

Dreamer    96

We were out again today and our wave was awesome. I did go under the platform to look at the flap and it seems like rubber mat has lost some of its tensile strength. It was no longer returning to the vertical position and was really easy to flex up. We'll see how long it lasts.

Dreamer    96

Best pic of the day

post-821-0-67622800-1400383302_thumb.jpg

Dreamer    96

Duffy, did your flap lose it's elasticity after a couple of days riding?