lakerat

Winter surf destinations

lakerat    70

Now that I'm completely hooked, I'm thinking of places I can get a surf fix this winter. I might even eventually become a snowbird and head south with the boat for the winter. Where are some good places to wakesurf in winter?

rawinnin    73

Where are some good places to wakesurf in winter?

Houston, TX

lakerat    70

I just looked at the average temps for Houston and it looks good. How are your water levels? Best lakes in winter?

You Texans need to have another get together in the middle of winter for those of us from the frozen north. :thumbsup:

c22burns    3

Lower Alabama and Northern Florida is nice for another month or so.

lakerat    70

poidog1, That's interesting; have you ever used this service? I wonder if they have a boat that throws a decent wave ... I'll have to give them a call. I've also been in contact with someone in AZ that does the same thing but less expensive. If I ever head south for winter with the boat, it will be to stay for the whole winter; one of the few advantages of being retired.

poidog1    74

I think that someone posted this up a while back and they have a new Nautique with the surf system. You might get some decent deals since summer is over and kids are back to school. I think that another company was doing it at Lake Las Vegas as well but it might be the same guys.

HerkEng    2

Lower Alabama and Northern Florida is nice for another month or so.

I plan on wakeboarding/wakesurfing thru oct and probably into nov. water temp is still upper 70s.

lakerat    70

We were out Saturday on the Columbia river; air temp 60, water temp 60, which wasn't too bad until the wind came up .... brrrrrrrr! I used to be able to handle the cold but age is changing all that ... I ordered a drysuit today. :blushing:

RhuntIII    555

poidog1, That's interesting; have you ever used this service? I wonder if they have a boat that throws a decent wave ... I'll have to give them a call. I've also been in contact with someone in AZ that does the same thing but less expensive. If I ever head south for winter with the boat, it will be to stay for the whole winter; one of the few advantages of being retired.

I rented this boat for a couple of hours well worth the money. The people were very cool to hang with and we had a blast! Check it out.

or

You can fly down to Corpus Christi and I'll pull you behind my boat. Just as soon as she's fixed.

lakerat    70

I rented this boat for a couple of hours well worth the money. The people were very cool to hang with and we had a blast! Check it out.

or

You can fly down to Corpus Christi and I'll pull you behind my boat. Just as soon as she's fixed.

Thanks, for the info and generous invitation; I might take you up on it one day.

I still cringe everytime I think about your boat getting hit. I hope the repairs all go well.

Tleeah    33

We need a winter wake surf fest!!!! Call it the Polar bear wakefest or something. Lake Belton here in TX is still in the mid 70's. Althoug our lake is low (about 11 feet) it is a pretty good lake for surfing, the shore is rocky and mostly lined by cliffs, which keep the water pretty calm.

post-5602-0-57310400-1383054745_thumb.jpg

Tleeah    33

Utah--High altitude surfing!!!!!!

lakerat    70

We can surf in Utah all winter long! Water is in a slightly different state and no boat required! I suggest Brighton as a location! I know Big Cat is in! Dura, this is your year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQerB9VSYAg&feature=plcp

Man, that video brought back a lot of great memories. We have a great little ski area close by with good powder and short lines. My kids are all grown and I gave up snowboarding a few years ago; I heal too slowly for my body to keep up with the injuries and I find I like the cold less each year.

I hope all you guys and your families have a great snowboarding season!

duramat    462

We can surf in Utah all winter long! Water is in a slightly different state and no boat required! I suggest Brighton as a location! I know Big Cat is in! Dura, this is your year!

Ok...Im game. Bunny hill for me though LOL

RVR-RAT    269

Ok...Im game. Bunny hill for me though LOL

Just leave the antifreeze at home. Let Bigcat take care of the rabbits!!!!!!!

duramat    462

LMFAO!!! Bigcat needs to share that story...epic laughs with the disposal of a demon bunny

Chad, have you officially winterized? What about a December/Jan surf set?

Edited by duramat

Bigcatpt    408

Just leave the antifreeze at home. Let Bigcat take care of the rabbits!!!!!!!

:offtopic: LMAO!!! Hey wait..... How do you know about the rabbits? Did I tell you that story while in Texas?

LMFAO!!! Bigcat needs to share that story...epic laughs with the disposal of a demon bunny

Chad, have you officially winterized? What about a December/Jan surf set?

:offtopic: Yes a demon bunny for sure. It was more like a cat...with 9 lives. Wait... should have used antifreeze! LOL

Now I am going to have PITA come after me.

You should have seen what I did to a deer on Tuesday morning. Or what it did to me rather....

Front end of the Duramax totaled on the way to go fishing. Glad its not boat towing season or I would be pissed that my tow vehicle was in the shop for 2 weeks.

post-188-0-48113400-1384544783_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bigcatpt

surf moocher    127

:offtopic: LMAO!!! Hey wait..... How do you know about the rabbits? Did I tell you that story while in Texas?

:offtopic: Yes a demon bunny for sure. It was more like a cat...with 9 lives. Wait... should have used antifreeze! LOL

Now I am going to have PITA come after me.

You should have seen what I did to a deer on Tuesday morning. Or what it did to me rather....

Front end of the Duramax totaled on the way to go fishing. Glad its not boat towing season or I would be pissed that my tow vehicle was in the shop for 2 weeks.

Fortunately BigCat was focused on fishing! He hit that 2 point Muley like a speed bump and kept on rolling up the mountain! Caught some nice cuts!!