Bongo Fury

Rich Lifestyle

Kyle    0

This is crazy talk. This is the way my kids Tball league works. Since some cant compete with others, lets not keep score and let all the kids get trophies.

Darn it, somebody has to loose. If this isn't taught to our youth they will never strive to win. If they have no desire to win, then they will lose and society will ultimately lose.

tprice    118

Well put LakeSurfer

truekaotik    458

Lake came out with a smack down post... DAMN SON!! Lol. I love stirring the pot :)

First timer    19

Well put lake. I love the people that point their fingers at others rather than looking at themselves. Because they're a dumba$$ and bought a home they couldn't afford, it's everybody else's fault. Nothing pisses me off more than the occupy wall street movement. For the most part a bunch of hippy communists that would rather sit around than be proactive and work with the capitalist economy that this great nation was founded on. The great part about it is after they leave the cities get to clean up the huge messes left behind costing thousands of dollars which I get to pay for.

harlobra    24

A resume of age, life experience, and work history should be mandatory for this post. That may help with some of the WTF moments for the readers.

Great post Lakesurfer!

elc    2

This is crazy talk. This is the way my kids Tball league works. Since some cant compete with others, lets not keep score and let all the kids get trophies. This way everybody will feel better about themselves.

Haha, nice post Lake.

RhuntIII    555

Future America breads equality and love. Vajinas Majoras

LakeSurfer    10

To me, it's an uneven playing field. Mom and pop are in the same line of business as the big box store but their buying power is nothing compared to the big box guys so right off the bat, they can't compete.

Dark: I really dont want you to go to bead tonight loosing sleep over the small business man in the U.S. So here are a few fun facts for you so you dont think our country only has large multi-national companies:)

Small firms:

• Represent 99.7 percent of all employer firms.

• Employ half of all private sector employees.

• Pay 44 percent of total U.S. private payroll.

• Generated 65 percent of net new jobs over the past 17 years.

• Create more than half of the nonfarm private GDP.

• Hire 43 percent of high tech workers ( scientists, engineers, computer programmers, and others).

• Produce 13 times more patents per employee than large patenting firms.

Edited by LakeSurfer

CTMILKMAN    0

To sum it all up f*ck it. Do what you have to do to be happy and don't give a crap about others lifestyles. As a parent of three, my obligations changed and everything I do is to benefit my family and their success.

x2 as a parent of 4!!!

duramat    462

x2 as a parent of 4!!!

I got ya beat by one :thumbsup:

My wife and I continually tell them how good they have it compared to what we had growing up. That being said I find ways to humble them, I have a dishwasher thats been broken for quite a long time. I could of fixed it many moons ago to be honest, and lord knows the wife and I would prefer the clean dishes out of the washer as compared to the kids idea of cleaning is LOL But this is building character and making them appreciate more of the little things in life.

First, the wife and I looked at each other in awe when the Bank told us we qualified for $500,000 for a home loan when we were buying our house. We laughed like no other thinkin how on earth they could justify that and how anyone in our shoes could even think about considering taking out a loan on the income we were showing. LOL

Edited by duramat

First timer    19

That's simply amazing that you could do the math and realized you couldn't afford it. If only everybody did that. It goes back to the saying "if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is". I just wish my $350,000 home I bought 5 years ago was worth more than $250,000. My property taxes keep going up, but my home value keeps going down? This year were over the $4,000 mark at a nice $4150 it's awesome. My city is building a new library, I think it would be cheaper to buy everybody a laptop and give my whole city wifi.