RhuntIII

Go Pro, Spots-vue and or other cameras

Pro:

You Break It-We Replace It

We know you play hard and as good as our products are we know some of you are going to break it. It just happens. As with any business, damage due to customer use or abuse is not normally covered under warranty conditions. But we have a solution that lets you push our equipment to the extreme. Plain and simple if an item is broken or damaged due to use we will replace it for 12 months from the date of purchase for a flat processing fee of $35. No hassle or questions asked. Simply return the item with the processing fee and we will replace the item. The customer is responsible for shipping costs.

bobhauck    4

I have the GoPro HD2. Great camera. Very versatile. I use it on my boat, dirt bike helmet, car, etc. It comes with tons of mounts and tons of options for mounts. They also came out with a floating back plate for it, so if it falls in the water you are good. Wouldn't buy anything else.

CeeDee    16

I have a Kodak Playsport camera that is waterproof to 10 feet and does HD 720p at 30 FPS. When I play the video back on either my PC or my laptop the picture is choppy, like it stops and goes. Had the opertunity to try a GoPro over the long weekend and when playing the video back it does the same thing. I was thinking of buying a GoPro but if that is the way the playback is Im not sure I want to spend the money on one. Is it just my computer or the program I am using to play the videos. Am I missing something somewhere

duramat    462

I have a Kodak Playsport camera that is waterproof to 10 feet and does HD 720p at 30 FPS. When I play the video back on either my PC or my laptop the picture is choppy, like it stops and goes. Had the opertunity to try a GoPro over the long weekend and when playing the video back it does the same thing. I was thinking of buying a GoPro but if that is the way the playback is Im not sure I want to spend the money on one. Is it just my computer or the program I am using to play the videos. Am I missing something somewhere

a couple of things, could be at issue. Wrong CF card for the the GPRO (lower Class rating). My geus is that the GPRO hasnt been set up correcty with the software on the disk. loading the file on the disk is only part of it, theres a process of turning it on pushing the buttons. Theres a procedure for it.

How old is your comp system?

CeeDee    16

How old is your comp system?

The PC is 4 or 5 years old. The laptop is only a year old.

I did not set up the GoPro it is my brother in laws. Im not sure about the SD cards.

duramat    462

What class of card?

CeeDee    16

What class of card?

The one in my camera is a class 6. Its choppy even if I download it from the card onto the computer and play it back off the hard drive. Plays back fine on the camera itself.

CeeDee    16

I will get him to try that.

duramat    462

Cee, that class 6 may be the culprit. Im running an 8 and even then it'll jump around. Class 10 would be ideal, i have on in my wifes camcorder but she would unleash on me if I dared even thinking about taking it :blushing:

CeeDee, a class 6 SD card is the lowest I would go. I'm using a class 6 card with my Drift Stealth and have not had any problems with full HD recording. Often times, if you're getting choppy playback on your computer then it is due to the computer not being able to keep up with the HD graphics. This can happen if you're playing back over the USB cable....but you said you've moved the files to the hard drive so that shouldn't be a problem. Another reason for choppy playback can be due to the performance of your PC hardware. Some lower end graphics cards have a hard time keeping up with full HD video. With that being said, it does surprise me that you're having he problem even with 720p video. I still suspect that the choppy playback is due to your computer hardware....but I've been wrong before.

CeeDee    16

CeeDee, a class 6 SD card is the lowest I would go. I'm using a class 6 card with my Drift Stealth and have not had any problems with full HD recording. Often times, if you're getting choppy playback on your computer then it is due to the computer not being able to keep up with the HD graphics. This can happen if you're playing back over the USB cable....but you said you've moved the files to the hard drive so that shouldn't be a problem. Another reason for choppy playback can be due to the performance of your PC hardware. Some lower end graphics cards have a hard time keeping up with full HD video. With that being said, it does surprise me that you're having he problem even with 720p video. I still suspect that the choppy playback is due to your computer hardware....but I've been wrong before.

I'll have to try it on a different computer and see what happens. My laptop is just a HP netbook so it may not have a fast enough processer to play it.

DarksideR    1,679

It's most likely the laptop and it's video card. A buddy of mine tried playing video off my class 10 sd card from my GoPro and it jumped around. But did not on my slightly higher end laptop. See if you can updated your drivers on your graphics card. It may help. You can also try a program called handbrake. Google it, it's a free Video transcoder. View some tutorials on it. It's really simple to use and helps with playback.

Faction1    0

We use Contour cameras and they work pretty good as well. I know some of my team riders are using the GoPro HD and they really like that. They r waiting for the wifi pack to drop. that alone will make the GOPro the camera to have since you can leave the cam mounted to the transom and view all the action from your phone or Ipad in the boat.

Shaka    146

I have a Go Pro Hero 2 HD. I use it for scuba diving. Works fantastic for scuba when put in a housing with a flat lens. I'm excited to try it out on the boat but need to find a good suction cup mount.

Nikj    2

My go pro hero 2 with the wifi backpack is awesome

The remote is fully worth it

Being able to start and stop it from behind the boat in the water is great

I just used one of the sticky flat surface mounts so I'm not messing with a suction cup

Edited by Nikj

RhuntIII    555

So I'm on my second sportsvue camera sence DrNates boat fried it. :) got it replaced no charge. The corpus crew hits choke is all filmed with the sportsvue. The new camera's buttons are still stiff just not as. I would rate this camera a 7 with a gopro to replace it. Until then I'll use the sportsvue. May be at the crew meet we can do some side to side comparison.

wakeywakey    0

We have the GoPro HD2 with all the mounting hardware. One of the best ways to shoot is attaching the handlebar mount on a pole (I use my boat hook fully extended). The camera operator sits on the back of the boat and can get incredible perspectives from water level up-shots to fantastic down-looking overhead shots, all during the same ride. The wide angle setting lets you get super close (right in the surfer's face or toes). I will try to post a link.

RhuntIII    555

Instead of the boat hook we use 3/4" EMT to create a shot from a different angle. Nicely done wakey get that link on over.