1ftWonder

Which to buy Enzo SV230 or SV240?

1ftWonder    0

Looked at the Enzo SV230 and SV240 at the boat show. I liked the 240 for the extra room but, not sure if I really need it. My biggest concern is, if I get the 240 with the standard MerCruiser Black Scorpion will it be enough engine. I have not been out in the 240 yet but, I am trying to work out some time with my dealer on the water.

R. HOWALD    0

I dont have any experiance with the 240 but I do own a 230 and the mercruiser scorpion does just fine no matter how much weight we have in the boat. My recommendation is that if you plan on having 16 people with you most of the time then go for the 240. But If not go with the 230. The 230 has tons of storage anyway. Boat size comes down to what you will use it for.

1ftWonder    0
I dont have any experiance with the 240 but I do own a 230 and the mercruiser scorpion does just fine no matter how much weight we have in the boat. My recommendation is that if you plan on having 16 people with you most of the time then go for the 240. But If not go with the 230. The 230 has tons of storage anyway. Boat size comes down to what you will use it for.

I want to convert it to the enzo sacs and I am concerned that the engine might not have enough power for it. Do you have the 330 hp or the 340 hp?

We usually ride with 5 to 6 people but, at time could have up to 10 to 12.

Dale    0

I have the Enzo 240 with the larger engine. I drove the 240 with the standard engine before I ordered my boat. Even though it doesn't sound like much more power, it makes a difference.

In general, I'm an advocate of "over" versus "under" kill. It is easy to go bigger before you order your boat and nearly impossible to upgrade later.

Just one other note/idea: I ordered the sideswipe exhaust on my boat but wouldn't do it again. The sideswipe exhaust makes a ton of noise. My boat almost sounds like a jet boat when I'm accelerating.

1ftWonder    0
I have the Enzo 240 with the larger engine. I drove the 240 with the standard engine before I ordered my boat. Even though it doesn't sound like much more power, it makes a difference.

In general, I'm an advocate of "over" versus "under" kill. It is easy to go bigger before you order your boat and nearly impossible to upgrade later.

Just one other note/idea: I ordered the sideswipe exhaust on my boat but wouldn't do it again. The sideswipe exhaust makes a ton of noise. My boat almost sounds like a jet boat when I'm accelerating.

Great point...I had heard that and was looking for another exhaust option and found fresh air exhaust systems is anyone else using this system on a Centurion with the trim tab?

dougd    0

From my experience the 330hp is plenty for the 23...

I have driven a 24 with the 330hp with 12 people and ballasts full it did alot better than I expected. However, upgrading to the bigger engine in the 24 will get you a better hole shot when the boat is full of weight AND will help the resale if you decide to sell it.

As far as which size to get...that just depends on how many people you will have with you and if you want the extra room...I have heard lots of people say "man, I wish I would have got the bigger boat," but I havent heard many say "man, I wish I had a smaller boat" :p

my 2 cents

Dale    0

dougd said what I was trying to say. Only in a more articulate way... I have heard lots of people say "man, I wish I would have got the bigger boat," but I havent heard many say "man, I wish I had a smaller boat"

Bigger with more power is the safer choice because you won't be wishing you had less power or less space.

Silverwake    0

I have the 330hp Mercruiser in my demo Enzo 230 and think it's got plenty of power. With that said, if you're leaning towards the 240 and are really going to weight it down, I'd be looking to get the additional 10hp.

falcon_v    0

Go Big or go home is what I say. Get what you want and enjoy. They are both great moters.

1ftWonder    0

I must say I was surprised by the motor, the 23 I have driven had the 340 hp black scorp. and had tons of power without any ballast it almost felt over powered.

duramat    462

I would think you'd want the added power by the time you add people, full gas tank and fill your 3 ballast tanks. My elite V there is a significant notice by the time I've done the same, and it's got the 330.

Joe B    17

I have an Avy with the 330 and more than enough. Would fit perfect on the 23. If I got the 24, and was planning on Enzo sacs, I'd up the engine for a few extra HP. Can't go wrong either way.

Earl    0

If you can afford it, always get more. When it comes to resale you stand out from the competition and obviously get the benefits of owning it. I'm with dougd 100%.

wakeupnride    0

I'm the same way. I over do everything. But do I own a 23' or 24' Enzo? I wish. I'm in a 21' up from a 19.5'.

steedracer    0

1) Dougd...great to see you on the site!

2) In my '04 Enzo SV230, all I've got is the 315 hp 350 MAG. We upgraded the prop slightly, and we go all day long! I've got two 750# sacs in the rears, and 200# pop bags up front. For Boarding, I short fill the rears to 2/3's. I've got no problem with hole shot. And, if it's surfing you are primarily interested in, just about any offered engine will do. You don't use that much power to get someone up on a wakesurf board. We love our 23 footer!

I've driven and ridden on some '07 SV230's with the black scorpion, and it was great. Since I've never ridden on an SV240, I can't really offer an opinion. Doudd should know about the re-sale piece.

dougd    0

1) thanks Steedracer...glad to have met you last week for sure.

2) Bottom line is you cant go wrong with either! Since you are going to spend the bucks on a new boat, get what you want...that will ensure a happy boater! If you settle now to save a couple of bucks and then decide you want to upgrade it will cost you some $$$$.

Anyway, good luck with the purchase...you really cant go wrong with any of the Enzo's.

dougd

Between the 240 and the 230 it really depends what you want. The performance between the two is nearly identical and the wake is also, and with only a few thousand difference between the two it really boils down to which boat you prefer (if you would rather have a smaller one that is slightly more maneuverable).

Next, when it comes to the engine it really depends what elevation you are running your boat at. If you are running your boat over 3,000 feet then the 6.2L engine really does make a big difference, especially in the SV240. We are running ours at about 4,800 feet and a 6.2L Scorpion (340 HP) is a must up here - in both a 230 and 240. Some of our customers are even deciding to run the 8.1L High Output engine. Overkill? Maybe, but some of the lakes here are 9,000 feet - and at that elevation you need all you can get.

WakeDoc    471

We choose the 240 Enzo ourselves, we test drove the 230 and 240 both had the 340 hp Black Scorpion in them. The 230 almost seemed a little over powered, the 240 seemed just right. The deep V-hull was what truely sold me, we were on a rough lake and it cut through it like butter.

Bigshow    0

The 6.2 is a bored and stroked 5.7. Gaining 10 hp is no big deal. However, since the 6.2 has been stroked there's a pretty good increase in torque. The low RPM power on the 6.2 should be notably better.

George A    0

I have a 230 with the 330 hp PCM. I have been very pleased with the hole shot with the boat really loaded down. We have 450's in the rear, 250 hard tanks mid, v-sac in the nose, all plumbed and automatic. Then we add a 400lb sac in the front floor that totally fills the space. We have had up to 10 people with all of that full and still plenty of power.