Sign in to follow this  
duramat

Let's see Your Stereo Installs! (amps especially)

duramat    462

Im currently in the process of installing my stereo and amps. I'd like to see what youve done or how you got your stuff mounted. Too many times I'll get tunnel vision and totally skip something so obvious its comical. Feel free to post up how you did it. I garantee you that someone down the road will thank you for it :thumbsup:

Thanx all

Matt

RhuntIII    555

Please send the required deposit to the address given in the friendship package for photos on stereo system instals. :police: FYI the mounting blocks that are glassed in inside the storage compartment were to small for my second amp. I bought some starboard at a local marine shop (ouch!) cut and screwed to the glassed in mounting blocks for more surface area. Worked really well. The left over portion was large enough to install under my sub so the bub box wasn't sitting on the sometimes moist carpet. Say "moist" say it in a soft tone "moist" Next time at the boat I'll get some photos for ya.

truekaotik    458

I think Rhunts been drinking ^^^ hahaha

DrNate    426

^^^^Hahaaaaa

Mine's factory, but I'll take a pic for ya anyway :)

Edited by DrNate

RVR-RAT    269

Please send the required deposit to the address given in the friendship package for photos on stereo system instals. :police: FYI the mounting blocks that are glassed in inside the storage compartment were to small for my second amp. I bought some starboard at a local marine shop (ouch!) cut and screwed to the glassed in mounting blocks for more surface area. Worked really well. The left over portion was large enough to install under my sub so the bub box wasn't sitting on the sometimes moist carpet. Say "moist" say it in a soft tone "moist" Next time at the boat I'll get some photos for ya.

LMAO!!

duffymahoney    10

I want to see people amp installs as well. I want to re-do mine and make it more pro looking!

truekaotik    458

I am about a week out on finalization and I flush mine so you can't see wires.... I can post pics then...

You can run loom over the wires to make it look cleaner as well, this is the simplest trick... Mine looks a mess right now and only my amps, fan and 10 farad hybrid are mounted with no wires hooked up but RCA's....

DrNate    426

I already emailed these to you, but for the benefit of others I'll pos them here as well. My amp was factory. The dude you see in there is RHunt hooking up my tower speakers to the amp. It's a super clean looking install (there was covers over all the wires). Amp fits perfect there, too.

post-1251-0-26567400-1334277035_thumb.jpg

post-1251-0-12685800-1334277053_thumb.jpg

RhuntIII    555

I think Rhunts been drinking ^^^ hahaha

No drink, No coffee, No brain!!! I cleaned up those wires on DrN's boat with a little black tubing and some zip ties. Sounds good in the storage area, on the water? Hopefully even better.

"Moist" It's just fun to say, like "salsa."

Wylie_Tunes    146

Looks good Trevor. Did you know that you can pull the amp's shroud and rotate it?

duramat    462

I'll post some pics up of it all dressed up when Im back in town, but heres what I got installed so far. I put my JL amp on the bottom cause if I ever upgrade to a Syn 4 itll fit in that area. The Alpine amp that Spud sent my way (THANX AGAIN!) fits on the top and should leave room for another amp for a sub next to it (Thanx Kaotic!). I wanted to put a fused terminal block on the walkthru side but the two stereo shops I went to didnt have anything in stock (aggrivating LOL) I was in a pinch to hurry to get it done so I went with the inline fuses that worked out fine. I had to cut loose my vent hose to work around it so I'll have to zip tie it all back together, but this is just an idea. Doing this project was fun with some good help from Spud and Kaotic :thumbsup:

post-50-0-18977400-1334763223_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-85289800-1334763238_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-72085700-1334763258_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-38441700-1334763309_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-93260700-1334763329_thumb.jpg

Edited by duramat

duramat    462

The Rev-10s are mounted!! Fun project :thumbsup:

post-50-0-36141700-1334763540_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-38970300-1334763569_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-75318200-1334763579_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-05842800-1334763598_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-43692900-1334763613_thumb.jpg

truekaotik    458

that looks great Dura!!!! Especially since you have never ever done a stereo install :)

truekaotik    458

Here are mine hung... Dirty boat.... Oh well....

post-3318-0-36448900-1334798790_thumb.jpg

RhuntIII    555

Here are mine hung... Dirty boat.... Oh well....

post-3318-0-36448900-1334798790_thumb.jpg

Hung Well!

duramat    462

Hung Well!

That's what she said! :thumbsup:

Seriously that looks awesome bro!

Edited by duramat

truekaotik    458

Thanks guys.... I got a little impatient and took the pic while the sweeper was blocking a LED, the observer seat is up... haha plus the bow cover is on and as Dura and Spud knows from the videos we exchanged, my boat has crapolla everywhere ;) I will get better pics of everything done.... not high end by any means but more user friendly....

Edited by truekaotik