h20king

New pop up banner ads on the sight

h20king    794

Whats up with all the non boat related pop up ads on the sight.I just saw one for an emergency $hitter which is sort of tasteless if you ask me. whats everyone else's thoughts on them??

Cool with me if it helps them absorb some costs of the site. Whatever it takes to keep us running! :thumbsup:

truekaotik    458

Google ads... My cousin does it also on his websites... Like ya thought H, it's prolly to try and help absorb some cost...

h20king    794

Yeah I know why they do it.Just don't care for the ones that have nothing to do with boats or the lifestyle they support

duramat    462

Runnin a website aint free coupled by the fact I dont think they get the "bro deal" on their expenses to run it. A couple clicks of the button and this site is down. Im happy to have it and encourage it. I consider it simple gas money for a pull or two I think is fair, the resources here available is awesome and with many informed people (INCLUDING H......'s threads on maintenance :thumbsup:)to help others out. I have gotten my money out of this site just out of maintenance "how to's" . Im sure they (adminstrators) would love to have banners from companies whithin the sport. So anyone know anyone with a company thats related to the sport that would like to advertise here? :thumbsup:

Edited by duramat

h20king    794

Runnin a website aint free coupled by the fact I dont think they get the "bro deal" on their expenses to run it. A couple clicks of the button and this site is down. Im happy to have it and encourage it. I consider it simple gas money for a pull or two I think is fair, the resources here available is awesome and with many informed people (INCLUDING H......'s threads on maintenance :thumbsup:)to help others out. I have gotten my money out of this site just out of maintenance "how to's" . I'm sure they (adminstrators) would love to have banners from companies whithin the sport. So anyone know anyone with a company thats related to the sport that would like to advertise here? :thumbsup:

Probably would not need the pop ups if everyone that was regular on this sight paid their way like your buddy big.Not sure I like the direction this sight is going and am considering leaving.H out

islander033    2

My pop up blocker must be working. I haven't seen this issue yet.

truekaotik    458

LoL...... I havnt got pop ups yet either so my blocker is working good also...... when i read this i thought it was referring to the new ads up top and to the right side of the forum :fool: OOPS...

Spud    7

I haven't had any pop ups as well. H, where else you gonna go? you'll be back.. :rolleyes:

WakeDoc    471

There are no pop ups they are talking about the google ad banner at the top of the page.

truekaotik    458
There are no pop ups they are talking about the google ad banner at the top of the page.

Oh ok! I retract my last staement then :-) I thought that's what we were talking about to begin with but then got confused :-/ lol I've been online to long.....

duramat    462

So....an emergency shitter on Google is gonna run off H......?

Spud    7

Wish I had an emergency shitter most of the time.... :blushing:

Spud    7

Now if we can just tower mount that thing....

CrewAdmin    192

As it has been said the CenturionCrew.Com community is not free to run. We came up with several ways to generate more operating cost this year, you might have noticed the banner for 20% off on memberships. Although the banner has encouraged several of the Crew to become supporting members of the site, which we truly appreciate, it is not enough to cover the operating cost. Considering a supporting membership package comes with a t-shirt, two koozies, die cut laminated CCC decal, along with as much miscellaneous swag we can fit in the remaining space of the package plus shipping cost, there is not a lot of money to be made. To date out of over four thousand members there are just over fifty supporting members.

Another option was a Google banner, there are currently nine banners on the site, so in theory members should only see a Google banner every nine page refreshes. The one Google banner has been running in the background of the site for a month, we have been monitoring the ads and felt that most of the information provided in them was good for the Crew. Google does not give you the option to pick and choose what ads are shown, at this time we do not have any control over it. We are running this banner to see what it can do for the site, will we always have them, it has not been determined.

Currently the third way to support the site is by making purchases through CCC Unlimited the CenturionCrew.Com community store. All items are offered at the lowest prices possible and most of them have free shipping. If you find something for less, PM the CrewAdmin, we will meet or beat any price on any item in the store. Of course the revenue generated from sales, memberships, google ads or anything else helps to cover the growth of the community, benefits for members and of course operating cost.

Most of you might not know this but, there are only two of us that run and manage the entire CenturionCrew.Com community. We both have demanding full time jobs, so updating the site software, running the store, managing crew deals (like a crew flag) creating banners, basically anything thing that needs to be taken care of is done during our limited free time. We are not complaining we do it because, well for a better lack of words it’s fun, we get to meet new people that turn into life long friends and we always have something in common our passion for spending time with family and friends on the water in our boats. The CenturionCrew.Com community is for everyone and as long as the financial burden does not fall solely on us we will continue to run, maintain and grow it into something even bigger and better than it is today. Thanks for all of the support from everyone on the Crew over the past four years.

Spud    7

I, and I think I speak for most of here, really appreciate what you two do. I love this crew site and support whatever it takes to keep it running, even that means looking at pop up banners, thank you and to all who support it !

Spud

Bigcatpt    408

Probably would not need the pop ups if everyone that was regular on this sight paid their way like your buddy big.Not sure I like the direction this sight is going and am considering leaving.H out

H why do u always have to be a Richard cranium and try to bust my chops? Are u still butt hurt over the prop thread? Be careful who u call out. Remember we run in packs! LMAO

I agree, where would we be without the site. Please, Please, become supporting members. You get more in the package than the cost of membership in my opinion. I wear my T-Shirt all the time and decal looks great on the boat. And whoever does not need more koozies?

So get off your duff and purchase a membership. If just 25% of us buy a membership, I bet the ads would go away!