truekaotik

Sac set-up in Avalanche C4

truekaotik    458

Lets see or hear what set-ups for sacs in a Avalanche are the best? Thanks :-)

soulcraft    0

I have an 04 Avy c4 and love it.... I run a 1500lbs enzo sac in the Port locker, 225lbs center, 400lbs on the back seat or floor of the Port side, about 300lbs sac in the port bow and about 400/500lbs in the Starboard side as well. I found it was important to weight out the Starboard side to get the hole back end down. I have also put in another 400lbs in lead when my friends let me borrow it.

I can't believe how much weight this boat can handle and only gets better too...

post-2528-0-21355000-1318904347_thumb.jpg

post-2528-0-56676000-1318904372_thumb.jpg

post-2528-0-49280200-1318904468_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

Jeff your boat is sinking LOL but seriously with the boat slumped can you use the sideswipe on the surf side so it exits under water to quiet it down??.............................H

duffymahoney    10

I didn't like the opposite weight unless we had a ton of people. But I ran about the same amounts of weight. I found the transom sac to be most important.

soulcraft    0

H2o my surfside is under but I have the exhaust exit the Starboard side, I'm not sure about the noise never paid that much attention to it.

I'll try to blow it out the surf side and see the difference.

truekaotik    458

Thanks soulcraft that is sick!! I was gonna do 1100 lb sacs in the lockers but does the Enzo sac fit better? Plus a 155 lb brick on the transom and some bow weight. Might need to readjust what I'm thinking...:-)

Plus, your Bimini top looks different than mine, you have the Xtreme swoop tower like me I believe, what brand is the bimini top?

soulcraft    0

Yeah I think the enzo sac fits better, mine fits perfect even with the side swipe. I have the 1100 in the starboard locker and never fill it up all the way but it is an awkward fit.

I'd go with the enzo if you can swing it, I think with the 1100 you'll always want more and adding more.

I'm not sure about the bimini but i'll find out today.

duffymahoney    10

Go custom if you can swing it, keeps sacs off the seats.

LakeSurfer    10

Go with a custom Avy sac if you can afford it. The locker in an Enzo are not the same as an Avy. My custom Avy sacs were about 1,500lbs. My Avy set up was:

1,500ls custom sac (about 1,000lbs in back locker and 500lbs under surf seat)

250lbs center tank

155lbs fat brick on swim deck

400-700lbs of people (or sac) on surf seat

2,300-2,600lbs total

BCanuck    1

I was curious how you prevent the Avy sac from touching/effecting the sideswipe exhaust in the locker. I have left my hard tank in and place a 700 pound sac on top for aprox weight of 950? Any comments appreciated

soulcraft    0

Yep custom Avy is the way, I forgot about that option lol... Duffy had his Avy dialed!! I would refer to him as the professor of Avy weight, Thats who I asked when I got my boat.

Bigcatpt    408

Custom Avy sac 1500

Center tank filled 250

Fat brick on the swim deck 155

Big crew or 400# sac on rear seat (surf side)

a couple hotties in the bow or 200-250# just so I can get up to speed.

duffymahoney    10

Haha, well I was just the first to do customs. Weighting the boat is a personal opinion type of thing. I like a long wave so I ran bow weight.

truekaotik    458

ok Duff what was the cost to do the custom and what did you purchase? oh and where? lol.... did you change any pumps? would really like to keep factory pumps, i dont care if it takes awhile to fill. i have put a grand in already to mods and i havnt even done the stereo or sacs, I have about a grand to play with on sacs maybe more if i really want to. Now i want full functionallity of my boat when not surfing plus we wakeboard alot... Thanks for all the input, this is where i need help...........

truekaotik    458

Haha, well I was just the first to do customs. Weighting the boat is a personal opinion type of thing. I like a long wave so I ran bow weight.

Oh and what was your bow weight you ran? BigCatpt said the same thing but it was to get to speed, but if it makes the wake be pushed back im for that. with factory tanks we are ontop of the platform when surfing to go wireless :( unless im doing something wrong factory wise.... i fill the port and center tank and thats all when we surf now..

CeeDee    16

Is the bow weight the secret to making the wave longer. I was told some counter weight on the opposite side would help. I too seem to be rather close to the back of the boat. I'm running 1100 lbs in the port locker and stock centre tank.

bomoseen avy    45

ok Duff what was the cost to do the custom and what did you purchase? oh and where? lol.... did you change any pumps? would really like to keep factory pumps, i dont care if it takes awhile to fill. i have put a grand in already to mods and i havnt even done the stereo or sacs, I have about a grand to play with on sacs maybe more if i really want to. Now i want full functionallity of my boat when not surfing plus we wakeboard alot... Thanks for all the input, this is where i need help...........

Dude custom Avy sac is way to go. Fly high crew deal will walk you through process-dimensions can be found here, put in as many holes as you want, great service, great product, great price. Give em a PM. Absolutely love the custom...

duffymahoney    10

I buy all my sacs from www.maxwake.com . Also bigcat knows as much or more then I do about avy's now.

Here is my thread on my build.

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php/topic/2292-duffys-2003-avalanche-c4-2010-mod-thread/page__hl__%20duffy's%20%20avalanche

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php/topic/711-duffy/page__hl__%20duffy

duffymahoney    10

Only run counter weight if you have enough people or weight. My regular side was very sensitive to wash. Also you have to be careful not to let water run into the engine compartment. The avalanche isn't very tall.