dunny

wakesurfing trick lists

dunny    0

trying to get ideas of what tricks everyone is into, be honest whats the best line of tricks have you pulled on the wave in a row..

mine so far, hanging 5 out back of the wave to a backside 360 to a frontside floater air into backside 360 ollie to a backside lip slide to a water ski stance hanging back in the curl to a hyrdrant to a frontside 180 cut back to a floating backside 180 and thats were a usually lose it !

( floating in my book is the fin a half ft min out of the water)

DarksideR    1,679

Uhmm, congrats on making my surf skills feel so much more inferior now! LOL.

Still trying to figure out the 3's. Usually just do a series of lip slides and weak slash's then start trying to throw some airs and 3's. I blame my goofy wave completely though... :thumbsup:

dude_here    0

I'm with darksider. I'm usually a mix of tailslides, noseslides and some floaters. I'm learning 3's and shuvs but they feel a looooong ways a way from being consistent. My biggest achievment so far is 2 lineless 3's in the same run. I was so happy after the second, I just hopped off the board b/c it wasn't getting any better that day :thumbsup:

bobback    3

:thumbsup:

Exactly what I was thinking...I can't even visualize what most of those tricks are. haha!

The best trick I am getting close to pulling of is, I believe it's called riding switch. Where I'll rotate the board backward and ride, then rotate forward. Still using the rope, but getting pretty comfortable at riding backwards and can spin the board forward with slack in the rope; can't quite get the hang of spinning the board backwards w/o the rope.

I'm spinning/rotating away from the wave...should I be spinning into the wave?

dunny    0

Exactly what I was thinking...I can't even visualize what most of those tricks are. haha!

The best trick I am getting close to pulling of is, I believe it's called riding switch. Where I'll rotate the board backward and ride, then rotate forward. Still using the rope, but getting pretty comfortable at riding backwards and can spin the board forward with slack in the rope; can't quite get the hang of spinning the board backwards w/o the rope.

I'm spinning/rotating away from the wave...should I be spinning into the wave?

i would spin into the wave , from regular to switch, away from the wave switch to regular, same as 360 just broken into 2 parts ! my friend is really good riding switch but he does body varails instead of sliding the board 180.

dunny    0

Still trying to figure out the 3's. Usually just do a series of lip slides and weak slash's then start trying to throw some airs and 3's. I blame my goofy wave completely though... :thumbsup:

took me almost 6 summers to learn how to do 3's on the wave consistantly, for some reason this summer everything started to come together, i think its the fin on the trim plate, same as you an wiggs , more wave to play with=more time to finish tricks !

if ya wanna continue wakesurfing threw out the winter, check out www.noboard.com(or .ca) have been doing this for round 12 years, the two are extremely similar just different seasons,

Edited by dunny

DarksideR    1,679

Dude, that noboard shtuff is crazy! I've been snowboarding for 19 years and I've never even heard of that! Looks like a blast. But guess it only really works in the Pow...? Great for mixing with sledding. Thanks for sharing that!

That's alot of exclamation points... ! HA

dunny    0

Dude, that noboard shtuff is crazy! I've been snowboarding for 19 years and I've never even heard of that! Looks like a blast. But guess it only really works in the Pow...? Great for mixing with sledding. Thanks for sharing that!

That's alot of exclamation points... ! HA

noboarding is the reason i got the boat, so i can keep the the endless waving breaking all year round !

it works best in powder, an fits on a sled nicely !

Edited by dunny

zetchvp    0

I landed a triple lindy the other day. Super stoked.

enzo on LI    79

I landed a triple lindy the other day. Super stoked.

HUH? Explain this one please.

I have only landed two 3's back to back once, and only a handful of others the last two years. Have tried airs and even some shoves but to no avail.

DarksideR    1,679

I can do sweet hand stands

LMAO! You been holding out on us!

zetchvp    0

HUH? Explain this one please.

I have only landed two 3's back to back once, and only a handful of others the last two years. Have tried airs and even some shoves but to no avail.

Rodney Dangerfield...triple lindy...back to school???

Elitist    1

I used to do all those tricks, then I took an arrow to the knee

DarksideR    1,679

LMAO!

I wonder how many here will actually get that?

I got the triple lindey remember it well! Classic Dangerfield

Jackfly    0

My rides are almost always the same. Get up, find the sweet spot, fall back, pump forward, fall back, pump forward, floater, fall out the back, get up find the sweet spot, pump forward fall back, pump forward, big botom turn, (not) get air, fall back pump forward, try a 3, eat it.....

money :band:

duramat    462

My rides are almost always the same. Get up, find the sweet spot, fall back, pump forward, fall back, pump forward, floater, fall out the back, get up find the sweet spot, pump forward fall back, pump forward, big botom turn, (not) get air, fall back pump forward, try a 3, eat it.....

money :band:

LMAO!

Let's see if we can expand our trick list this summer eh?

I got the "hat grab" down pat.